Must Read New here

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liftedpsd2010

Reaction score
New here just wanted to see how many crazies were on here. I’ve always wondered why prep? Can anyone tell me some legit reasons? What are we prepping for? Aliens? Nukes? Army? Just a friendly post to see what this is about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from a top secret location only 145 people know about. No crazies on here, they were all banned. Why Prep? Why not? Any prepping you do is insurance that will help you through disasters, hard times, emergencies and changes in your way of life, rather for a short or long term.

Haha well I guess I could prep I mean I have stuff for hurricanes and power outages but no way am I spending hundreds of thousands on secret bunkers and 20 years of food. Lol to much other stuff to worry about besides that. Thanks for the welcome and glad you banned all the crazies

New here just wanted to see how many crazies were on here. I’ve always wondered why prep? Can anyone tell me some legit reasons? What are we prepping for? Aliens? Nukes? Army? Just a friendly post to see what this is about.

We all have our reason, "Legit reason" is subjective

I hope your OP isn't a sign of discourse, if not, welcome from Washington State.

No I’m actually curious. I mean like I said I prepare for hurricane season so that could be a version of prepping.

And where I live we get a lot of tornadoes and the power outages that go with them...l

Welcome from the southeast.

And where I live we get a lot of tornadoes and the power outages that go with them...l

Welcome from the southeast.

We had tornado watch today. I’m in central Florida. Luckily haven’t been through any huge tornados that I can remember any way. Have been through about 5 or 6 major hurricanes with direct hits in my life time tho.

We had tornado watch today. I’m in central Florida. Luckily haven’t been through any huge tornados that I can remember any way. Have been through about 5 or 6 major hurricanes with direct hits in my life time tho.

We did last night. Fortunately no warnings.

Oh, and I’m sure as hell not able to spend a bunch of money on a bunker. Just sensible stuff....

No I’m actually curious. I mean like I said I prepare for hurricane season so that could be a version of prepping.

It is part of prepping, many of us here have long term storage as part of our preps. I have weather, earthquakes, forest fires, volcanoes and loss of power, many things to prep for. Long term power outage is a major issues many prep for that can be caused from a few different things CME EMP, weather and hacking, when power is off no stores/gas stations means no food thus many of us stock up for them times because we don't want to rely on the government to support us or provide for us. Many lessons historically shows what happens when unprepared.

Welcome from Fin, as mentioned earlier,it's like having insurance,you really hope never to collect it...sure we have it pretty good
in my neck of woods,properly maintaind shelters and all,but I would not want to be in one..any way in my current employment
and contract I would be elsewhere.

Prepping is just a type of insurance, most people have car, life, home and medical insurance, but they don't plan on crashing, dropping dead, burning the house down or getting ill, but we have them JUST IN CASE. Prepping is simply a natural extension of that. If the weather forecast says its likely to rain you take a coat with you, that's prepping. if you hear of multiple burglaries in your neighbourhood and the crims always enter via the patio doors you upgrade your patio door security, That's prepping

I think the tv show messed it up for all the preppers. Ridiculous amounts of money and morons on that show. I watched one episode and never watched again.

We all may not agree on our reasons on why we do it or how we prioritize our needs but the fact remains, we are doing it for ourselves and family for when times get hard and that is whats important. Us that are prepared not only help ourselves and families but free up first responder's to tend those that need them the most.

We all spend what we can afford, most of us here choose to buy extra provisions, the majority of people choose to buy video games, entertainment consoles, a brand new car and some choose to drink and/or gamble the money away, drugs etc...

PS, stay away from the damn scripted preppers shows on tv, and personally people have no right to dictate how one spends there own money that they have worked for as long as the family is taken care of, last I checked we are still marginally free in this country to live how one see's fit, some will call that LIBERTY.

Latest posts

Back