Nation of Islam receiving federal cash to teach prisoners

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmttactical

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
At first I said to myself, you have gotta be kidding (not those exact words) me and then I got mad. First the Liberals scream about separation of church and state but send tax payer money to a the Nation Of Islam to indoctrinate prisoners. Read and hopefully get outraged.

The Nation of Islam and its leaders have received hundreds of thousands of dollars from the U.S. government since 2008 to teach religious study programs for federal prison inmates, according to records reviewed by the Washington Examiner.

A black nationalist group led by Louis Farrakhan, the Nation of Islam preaches that white people are “blue-eyed devils” and Jews are “the synagogue of Satan." Its leaders have received at least $364,500 in contracts and awards from the U.S. Bureau of Prisons and the Department of Justice between fiscal 2008 and fiscal 2019.

The funding was designed to provide "Nation of Islam religious services," "Nation of Islam spiritual guide services," "Nation of Islam study services," and other related programming led by the organization’s leaders, according to Bureau of Prison records. The Nation of Islam has been labeled a hate group by the Anti-Defamation League and the Southern Poverty Law Center.

New York Republican Peter King, chairman of the House Homeland Security Subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence, told the Washington Examiner the funding was "beyond the pale."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nation-of-islam-receiving-federal-cash-to-teach-prisoners

What is there to say?

We live in a nation where religious discrimination is a one-way street. For years I did prison ministry (Christian), and our organization did not get one red penny from the gov't. In fact we had to fight to keep things going with us doing all the work/donation. Christians are put out. Meanwhile, muslims are getting paid to spread their brand of hatred in the prisons? You need to research what islam has done in prisons in Europe.

One of my main dislikes is hypocrisy, state, federal or personal. Don't scream separation of state and religion and then pay one and not invite all to the feed trough. It just makes me very irritated. Personally I don't think any religion should be supported with tax dollars but I really get P.O.'ed with the selective nature of this crap.

I'd be fine with using tax payers money to give every one of these racist anti American bigots a one way ticket to a muzlim country. They deserve it.
Would work for me. I have to wonder why the tax payer is subsidizing any religious teaching in prison. Not against religious teaching, just don't want to have to pay for it. Let the religions pay for it, they will be the ones to reap the rewards.

Would work for me. I have to wonder why the tax payer is subsidizing any religious teaching in prison. Not against religious teaching, just don't want to have to pay for it. Let the religions pay for it, they will be the ones to reap the rewards.
Agreed. I don't believe the tax payer should be subsidizing any religion, business, program, group or organization. If they can't make it on their own then they aren't needed.

Latest posts

Back