My EDC

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillMasen

A True Doomsday Prepper
Banned
Reaction score
My EDC
If I cannot take it with me, I aint going.
If I cannot travel with it, I don’t go.
If I can not ride or fly with it, I walk or drive.
If I cannot enter with it, I turn away.
If I cannot keep it with me I wont stay..
On my belt and in my pockets.
it does not go in a bag.

My EDC is all or nothing.

Knife
Flash light
Lighter
Compass
Multi Tool
Watch
Wallet
Shades
Cell phone
Cash
Kerchief / Bandana
Hat
Gloves
Pen
Sharpie
Notebook
Flash drive
Mask
Sanitizer
PDW (where legal)
Keys plus mini knife sharpener

the hand is improving every day I can work the slide again accuracy is in the shitter,but that is all in the grip on the gun and just a matter of time hopefully the hand will recover to the point of being able to grip and aim as I did before the injury,,we will see how we are a month from now

THE 1911 GETS TO STAY

the hand is improving every day I can work the slide again accuracy is in the shitter,but that is all in the grip on the gun and just a matter of time hopefully the hand will recover to the point of being able to grip and aim as I did before the injury,,we will see how we are a month from now

THE 1911 GETS TO STAY

I am glad to hear you are improving, to the degree it can.

Is there any physical therapy you can do to improve your range of motion, or strength?

To the OP, what kind of EDC do you see in a SHTF or post SHTF situation?

I have a small farm.
I can tell you this, carrying a rifle while trying to do chores, from water livestock, weeding, cutting/spiting/stacking firewood, etc. is a non starter.

I am glad to hear you are improving, to the degree it can.

Is there any physical therapy you can do to improve your range of motion, or strength?
JUST KEEP WORKING THE FINGER ,,, they did not set up any therapy and to be honest they won't have me doing anything I am not already doing

To the OP, what kind of EDC do you see in a SHTF or post SHTF situation?

I have a small farm.
I can tell you this, carrying a rifle while trying to do chores, from water livestock, weeding, cutting/spiting/stacking firewood, etc. is a non starter.
Working around a farm or homestead is one of the reasons ( not the main reason) Col Cooper developed the scout rifle, fitted with a ching sling or other type that holds the rifle to your back. BUT even if you are not able to wear a rifle whilst you work, if its light enough, comfortable to carry etc its still likely to be to hand if and when you need it. I know of some folks who took the Scout concept and down scalled it to .223 so the gun was more carriable / wearable whilt working patrolling. Failing that a decent side arm on a chest rig may be an answer,

Working around a farm or homestead is one of the reasons ( not the main reason) Col Cooper developed the scout rifle, fitted with a ching sling or other type that holds the rifle to your back. BUT even if you are not able to wear a rifle whilst you work, if its light enough, comfortable to carry etc its still likely to be to hand if and when you need it. I know of some folks who took the Scout concept and down scalled it to .223 so the gun was more carriable / wearable whilt working patrolling. Failing that a decent side arm on a chest rig may be an answer,

I actually own a Ruger GSR.
I would carry it, but still, not going to be doing firewood and carrying at the same time.
A side arm on a belt, I could see. Chest rig? It is hot, sweaty enough as is doing chores.

"someone" once wrote that your firearm should never be more than an arms length away at all times. ;)

Long barreled (6-8") revolver in a secure cross draw holster. First chamber loaded with snake shot.

Either cross draw or drop leg. I did have an 8 inch barrel 357 and the first chamber was always kept loaded with snake loads. Never poo-poo 357 snake loads, until you have tested them out. Several rattle snakes and a couple of car door window glass (junk yard testing) have discovered just how destructive snake loads can be. Side note: As a much younger (45+ years ago) I did have a shoulder holster rig for my 8 inch barreled 357. Ala Dirty Harry. Not very concealable or comfortable but very cool looking. LOL

Last edited:
I used to CC daily. My .380 was my go to with my untucked shirt while working in a dangerous area. My 1911 with a shoulder holster under a jacket.

Now, I just have the 1911 on my hip around the ranch. The more you do with it on, the more you get used to it. The .380 is a good fit for my wife.
More than a few rattlers have met their match without snake loads

In Alaska i always carried a .500 S&W magnum in a cross draw chest holster. In the lower 48 I don't usually carry a hand gun, except for on the trap line, which is usually a .22 loaded with shorts. I always have a pistol or rifle within easy reach, mostly .22's. Every vehicle has a pistol or rifle too.

Sig P365XL with JHP, IWB. It's sitting on the desk next to me now...never more than an arms reach away.

"someone" once wrote that your firearm should never be more than an arms length away at all times. ;)

Yes, he did.
Did he ever have to cut, split, stack 7 cords of wood?
Stack 450, 55lbs square bales of hay in the loft?
All with his firearm a arms length away?

Note, I am a big fan of the COL. I have two of his books.
Just noting practically.

To add: A few years ago, two convicts escaped a Super Max to the North of us.
Reports varied from they were seen down in the city, to Syracuse, Buffalo, even one report of them in the Caribbean (??).
No one knew where they were.
Till they were caught, everyone around here had a firearm within arms reach.

Latest posts

Back