Latest TX Hurrican warning of MASSIVE damage likely

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Earth

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ations-Hurricane-Harvey-approaches-Texas.html
'This is going to be a very major disaster': THOUSANDS of Texans flee for their lives as governor warns of 'immense record-setting flooding' from Hurricane Harvey with 35 inches of rain expected to leave areas 'uninhabitable for months'
  • Final preparations made for landfall Friday morning, as winds rise and window for evacuation quickly closes
  • Hurricane Harvey is now a Category 3 with maximum sustained winds of 120 miles per hour
  • Flooding predicted up to 100 miles inland, with 'devastating' floods predicted for coastal cities and towns
  • Officials urge anyone who has not evacuated to get out now, predicting 'immense human suffering'
  • All flights out of Corpus Christi airport cancelled for the remainder of the day on Friday morning
  • Harvey is predicted to become the strongest hurricane to hit the US since devastating Katrina in 2005
  • Looming disaster in Texas could prove a major new test for President Trump's administration

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ne-Harvey-approaches-Texas.html#ixzz4qnmtEffT
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I know several people in the target area. Many thought they were prepared with food and water, but considering how long they recovery time will be, they may not be.

Lots of people stayed because of the major traffic jam with the last hurricane, Rita.

I know several people in the target area. Many thought they were prepared with food and water, but considering how long they recovery time will be, they may not be.

Lots of people stayed because of the major traffic jam with the last hurricane, Rita.
If you don't get out early then your more likely to be in danger if you leave at the last moment. The thought of riding out a hurricane in a vehicle on the side of a highway that's ran out of fuel is scary.

I 35 last night with traffic in Waco. That pretty far north and that is too much traffic for me. It is too easy to get trapped on the road.

Attachments

• IMG_5603.PNG
    IMG_5603.PNG
    947.1 KB · Views: 6
A recount from my friend when his parents tried to leave the coast when hurricane Rita came in.

Yea it was horrible. Took mom and dad 23 hours to go from their house in angleton to my house in Round Rock. Just insane. They were trapped on the houston freeway for most of that time. Dad was pulling the horses in the trailer and mom in her car behind him. Truck broke down in all that mess and moms car also broke down twice. All on freeway. Dad had to walk mile or two to find a store that could help him leaving mom by herself. Everyone was running out of gas on the freeways because they were at a standstill. People everywhere were havimg to pee and even poop on the road itself in front of everyone with only car doors to cover them some. None of the stores had any more fuel. Luckily my good friend Gage Siler hadn't evacuated yet Nd was able to find my family and left them his truck to pull the horse trailer and leave dads truck parked somewhere after tow truck got him. People who couldnt move decided to pull onto byways and lkterally camp on the sodes of roads with some local residences offering up their homes. When mom and dad arrived they were literally walking zombies. I put them straight to bed and they slept probably 14 hours. Thank God for cell phones because that was our only communication. Of course that was if you could get through to anyone because of such heavy phone volume usage tying up the lines with everyone trying to contact loves ones and emergency events and so on. Sometimes it took me ten tries before it would connect. I was so wrought with worry and wanted to go to their rescue but police weren't letting any traffic travel in the opposite direction because they needed both sides of the road for faster evacuation. So many peoole experienced such horror stories and I think this time everyone just said hell with that. I know we did obviously lol.

A recount from my friend when his parents tried to leave the coast when hurricane Rita came in.

Yea it was horrible. Took mom and dad 23 hours to go from their house in angleton to my house in Round Rock. Just insane. They were trapped on the houston freeway for most of that time. Dad was pulling the horses in the trailer and mom in her car behind him. Truck broke down in all that mess and moms car also broke down twice. All on freeway. Dad had to walk mile or two to find a store that could help him leaving mom by herself. Everyone was running out of gas on the freeways because they were at a standstill. People everywhere were havimg to pee and even poop on the road itself in front of everyone with only car doors to cover them some. None of the stores had any more fuel. Luckily my good friend Gage Siler hadn't evacuated yet Nd was able to find my family and left them his truck to pull the horse trailer and leave dads truck parked somewhere after tow truck got him. People who couldnt move decided to pull onto byways and lkterally camp on the sodes of roads with some local residences offering up their homes. When mom and dad arrived they were literally walking zombies. I put them straight to bed and they slept probably 14 hours. Thank God for cell phones because that was our only communication. Of course that was if you could get through to anyone because of such heavy phone volume usage tying up the lines with everyone trying to contact loves ones and emergency events and so on. Sometimes it took me ten tries before it would connect. I was so wrought with worry and wanted to go to their rescue but police weren't letting any traffic travel in the opposite direction because they needed both sides of the road for faster evacuation. So many peoole experienced such horror stories and I think this time everyone just said hell with that. I know we did obviously lol.
My sis and her husband finally gave up on getting to evacuate during Rita and just turned around and made it back home. That experience is still fresh in everyone's minds like your friend stated. Sis & BIL, along with another BIL didn't even try this time around. Can't blame them. . . it makes you a sitting duck.

We are safe along with all our loved ones so far. Harvey is expected to continue north which means us along with Houston/Galveston won't get it so bad as expected. There still will be flooding, just not the worst case scenario. DIL and grand baby went to spend time at her sis house in KY this week. She called yesterday to check up on us and to say that they were headed to Denver to spend time with son 2 during his flight training who just happened to have three days off, but the flight they were on made a stop in Houston before ending up in CO. Glad they were able to continue their flight! They live in an area which has received a good amount of rain. Her parents will be checking on the house when it is safe. It has been raining on and off here but so far still see green grass. In between squalls, ditches on the property are being cleaned out to help prevent standing water. Looks like we will get a good amount during the night/wee morning hours. Wait and see.

Latest posts

Back