International GHB/BOB/EDC

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK Mav and Shadow, here is a Wikipedia article about a young Japanese kid killed by a US home owner, but look at the sub reference at the end of the article it refers to the TX shooting but look at how Wikipedia tells the story of the TX shooting which is how it was reported in the UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Yoshihiro_Hattori

Here is the text I refer to.

Shortly afterwards was the similar case of Andrew de Vries, from Aberdeen in Scotland, who got lost on 7 January 1994 after drinking with American friends in Houston, Texas. He knocked on one door asking for directions, and was shot by the householder through the closed door of the house. The householder, Jeffrey Agee, was not indicted, and later settled for an undisclosed sum a substantial claim by Mr. de Vries's widow Alison. Mr. de Vries's mother complained to the press of a lack of support from the UK Government, saying "[The Prime Minister, Mr. Major] doesn't want to rock the boat when it comes to the United States. People should be aware that if they become innocent victims of crime in Texas they cannot expect help from the Government, the Foreign Office or the British Consulate." The de Vries family's Member of Parliament, John McAllion, criticised the investigation by the authorities in Houston, saying that there were "many inconsistencies, indeed blatant lies," in the official version of the events.[16]

Glad I only go as far as Kansas and Oklahoma these days, knock on someone door in those two states and you get greeted with a warm hug and a cup of iced tea or Dr Pepper, Go to TX and get greeted with a 357 round in the face :) :) ( British humour)

" Son have you been a naughty boy again ? "

" No daddy I have been a good boy today"

" You better have if you are naughty we will send you to Texas and make you knock on someones front door"

" No Daddy No Daddy Please I'll be a good boy please don't make me knock on a door in Texas"

Shoot:rocket: :shtf

more stereotypes; we Finns are quiet,sulky,drink a lot and we like to fight,especially when drunk and we love to use the old tool "puukko" to stab people to death....it's a knife ;) and according to old folklore here all Swedish males are gay and use hairnets...

Well they also say Englishmen are suave, sophisticated, charming, talented, good looking, stylish,great warriors, even better lovers and oh so modest, and guess what? Its true :)

Glad I only go as far as Kansas and Oklahoma these days, knock on someone door in those two states and you get greeted with a warm hug and a cup of iced tea or Dr Pepper, Go to TX and get greeted with a 357 round in the face

Actually, it's all about time of day. Here too (rural FL), if you come to the door during the day, you'll be greeted warmly, but as soon as the sun goes down...completely different reaction (more like the TX one)....

don't wear 'American tattooed' (Lisa's word) t-shirts, caps, sweatshirts etc.. like a Raiders jacket, cap or political statements
One of my pet peeves is how we Americans spend good money on retail clothing and almost EVERY manufacturer thinks that gives them the right to throw a big honking company logo on every piece of clothing they sell.
I'm not spending good money to be a companies walking billboard
Once or twice a year around the time seasonal stuff changes I'll hit the clearance malls and stock up
I will buy absolutely nothing with the big company logo splashed across the item. I'll settle for a small tab with the company name because finding anything with absolutely NO logo is near-impossible

Latest posts

Back