Hurricanes!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checking the charts again this morning. Looks like Marco is going to be the immediate threat. Most likely it will be a category 1 maybe a 2. Already have my plans in action in case of evacuation.
I think your fine Oddcaliber. Have a generator ready?

We will have some effects from Laura for certain. How bad, who knows for sure yet, but it is moving very quickly and once landfall at @1AM Thur morning, it is supposed to move thru by later that same morning. Right now we are on the clean Windy side unlike Ike back in 2008. My wedding anniversary is Fri. . . Think we will be putting up a new privacy fence for the side yard and backyard that day. . . :p I have to just laugh about this. Birthday was spent at the hospital so why not. . . 2020 just keeps getting better and better. :rolleyes:

I was supposed to be working Wed night into Thur morning. I texted my boss this morning after seeing the latest update. I will be working Tues night into Wed now. I really dont want to be out on the road right after landfall. Then I will go back on Fri into Sat unless I get called into work because of call ins.

Got some satellite views on Laura. Still south of Cuba. Wierd thing is there is no definition of it being a hurricane. Wind doesn't have that circular pattern and no defined eye. Hopefully this will be much ado about nothing.
Can only hope but I tend to think the experts are correct once it hits the warm waters of the Gulf.

Latest posts

Back