How to explain what can happen with cashless society

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a fan of the idea that literaly every transaction can be viewed by someone. Buying new car?Going for groceries?bought a bus ticket? Good now they see what kind of car you drive + where did you go with that car ( only if you stop to get gas on the way, they see you making supply shopping so they will know where to send Fema or someone similar to get your stuff and give it away to those less fortunate, care to explain why you took that bus from X to Y when acording to our data you had no bussiness being there.

Cashless society is the perfectly tracked society as well. Not to mention that a lot of countries world wide are thinking about using the China good citizen credit score. You wont be able to buy even a damn nail if you dont behave like the state want you to behave.

Also all transactions data will be tied with everything else. Ip adress,licences,city surveilance,all your virtual accounts ( from facebook through email to that accound on hand knited baskets you created years ago) anything and everything will be stored,checked,validated and taxed or punished if its out of line.

People WILL be forced to behave and states,cities,countries are needing cashless society to make a perfect whip to scare everyone into submision.

Sorry for the long rant :)

Not a fan of the idea that literaly every transaction can be viewed by someone.

People WILL be forced to behave and states,cities,countries are needing cashless society to make a perfect whip to scare everyone into submision.

Sorry for the long rant :)
I share your misgivings but I take comfort in the fact that there will only be thousands of people trying to monitor millions in such a world. Computers can crunch numbers but in the end a human has to look at a set of data to decide if someone is a "person of interest" worthy of a door knock.

I believe at this stage it's more about profits, about tailoring products to people. One thing is for sure though, the illegal drug industry, which world banks could not survive without, would have to continue under such a system. Also if you locked the druggies out of their fix you would have cities turning upside down overnight. Very complex all of it.

I share your misgivings but I take comfort in the fact that there will only be thousands of people trying to monitor millions in such a world. Computers can crunch numbers but in the end a human has to look at a set of data to decide if someone is a "person of interest" worthy of a door knock.
China monitors close to one and a half billion people. Pretty effectively too. But you have to remember that they have neighborhood snitches everywhere, so if one of the snitches reports suspicious activity, then BAM! they have your every move on record.

I believe at this stage it's more about profits, about tailoring products to people. One thing is for sure though, the illegal drug industry, which world banks could not survive without, would have to continue under such a system. Also if you locked the druggies out of their fix you would have cities turning upside down overnight. Very complex all of it.
Someone in this thread said something like : when there is will there is a way.

Reminds me of a situation here in Czech Republic few years back. We had junkyards which were buying off any kind of scrap metal or elektronics.you bringed it in and they gaved you cash for it. Lot of people ( mainly gypsies) started to bring in stuff like street lamps,manhole covers or support beams from different structures.... simply stuff which is dangerous if its missing. Our government made a law that junkyards are not allowed to give you cash,only transfer it through bank so you can be tracked down if you sold something like stuff mentioned. Pretty fast our junkyards became pawn shops which were not restricted by the new law.

People are really inovative and clever when it comes to making money.

China monitors close to one and a half billion people. Pretty effectively too.
Yes, it would suck to live there. In the cities at least. I don't know how well their system works up in the mountains though. Getting far from central authority is the secret. With governments it's always a numbers game, if they can net 99% of the people they are happy and won't waste resources on a few farmers up on a remote hillside.

The problem for us is that we are wealthy, and our wealth ties us to the system and to the central authority.

Last edited:
Reminds me of a situation here in Czech Republic few years back...

People are really inovative and clever when it comes to making money.

that's a good tale, and yes, people will always find a way around things. The hard part is getting over your fear of authority. When 99% of the people around you are sheep bowing down to every government whim it's difficult, but not impossible.

I watch a lot of youtubes about WWII, looking at how stalin and hitler mesmerized the populations then used them as cannon fodder. It was dreadful living in Germany after the war, with all the cities bombed to dust, but I imagine if you lived on a small farm up by the Swiss border you might have fared alright?

but I imagine if you lived on a small farm up by the Swiss border you might have fared alright?
After the war i guess it was a game of luck. War officialy ended but thousand of soldiers remained and were eager zo fight. So lots of them started looking for "enemy" in these areas.
But thats a discussion for a different thread :)

It is already so in Italy that you are not allowed to buy or sell anything for more than €50,00. Everything else with a higher price can only be bought with an electronic means, credit card, debit card, bank transfer or online so it can be monitored by the "authorities" meaning the normal mafia which has run Italy since WWI and probably even before that. (Medici family)

No cash = no freedom. End of Discussion...

Some people just don't value freedom very much.
No cash no freedom that is correct. All your life long savings can be frozen or taken at the flick of a switch. Perhaps family or good friends might provide, but how long for each individual I not know. In George Orwell’s future society novel 1984 we do find that even Winston and Julia still got the Liberty of some pocket money to call their own. The future will be much more gruesome than 1984. Already in Australia our banks are moving away from cash auto tellers.

I’m sure they not forget you. You own me 5 pounds says the Bank bells of St Martins. When will you pay ?

We still have small banks in the bigger town nearest us. My cousin is a vp at one of them. I still pay cash. In our little town, cash is preferred.

I havent heard that one for a few years.
most banks are going onto online banking, I will not.
It be a long time ago poem from your homeland. There be a few variations over that time. You not go online banking. How shall you do when there be no choice?

A nursery rhyme. A rather sadistic nursery rhyme I’m sure many children not light their.candles on their way to bed. : ) you probably not be around so long? Good news for papa. Methuselah did live to 969 much old. You should feel much young. ❤️

Latest posts

Back