How situations in a blink of an eye can go south

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have all been there. Some resulted in more damage than other but we have been there. This is especially true when you are in a situation (or location) you have been numinous times. Some things I just don't understand about getting older. Was cutting some trees recently. That chainsaw I used to love because of its weight just seems to have gotten a lot heaver. I never remember that spitting maul being that heavy. :D I haven't changed so over time those items must have just gained some weight. :D

Take care and get better.

Trying to fine a meme that will define Mavericks dogged determination, best one I can find is this from the UK. yes the pub was still open :)
upload_2019-10-3_15-17-31.jpeg

Glad that you had your daughter there with you Mav. And that your going to make a full, but painful recovery. Since I'm here most of the time alone, a serious accident is my wife's biggest fear for me. I always check in with her by text when I'm done for the day.
Years ago I was working in the woods by myself when I got tangled up with a draft mule and was dragged for over a mile before I could cut myself loose. It took several hours to drag myself home. Had several broken bones, concussion and lots of missing skin. The docs didn't think I was going to make it.
An accident like this can happen so fast that it's impossible to react.
Good luck with your recovery!

I turn on location sharing on my phone and share my location with my wife whenever I go into the wild now. I am usually alone.

At least she'll know where to collect the body... :rolleyes:

That's what me and the wife do with our iphones, it gives us approximate position every two minutes. Unfortunately that only works from home going West or South, signal drops off 1/2 mile North and about the same heading East. I generally carry an PLB when heading out by myself, I really should have had one regardless who I'm with, again, complacency got the best of me.

"I really should have had one regardless who I'm with, again, complacency got the best of me. I really should have had one regardless who I'm with, again, complacency got the best of me. I really should have had one regardless who I'm with, again, complacency got the best of me. I really should have had one regardless who I'm with, again, complacency got the best of me. I really should have had one regardless who I'm with, again, complacency got the best of me.

Terrifying isnt it how easy it is to get complacent, done something similar myself some years ago. Complacency kills we are the LAST people who can afford complacency.

I had been wondering where you had been Mav. I'm glad you had your daughter with you that day along with your dog. . . I 'm sorry it's going to be a long healing process. Just make sure you listen to your doctor's advice and take it easy. My guess is your the type who will eventually start going stir crazy, but it is going to be a slow healing process especially the older we get.

Doc,

How do you turn on "location sharing" with your phone? I've been requested to do that as some things I do are, let's say, not safe... and my corpse wouldn't be found for weeks. At least she'd like to know where to find my remains.

Doc,

How do you turn on "location sharing" with your phone? I've been requested to do that as some things I do are, let's say, not safe... and my corpse wouldn't be found for weeks. At least she'd like to know where to find my remains.
On an Android phone, you go into Maps then open Settings/Location Sharing.

On the iphone, it's easier opening the text app and select 'Info' and select 'Share my Location' it must be activated on the other parties iphone and the other party must accept your request, you can also download 'Find My' app and or log in to icloud, you can also track from their providing it's activated on the phone.

Latest posts

Back