Home insurance for preppers?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParryG

Reaction score
For preppers, do you think about home insurance as part of your prepping or is that something you don't really think about?

For example, you might live in an area that is likely affected by civil unrest. There are many other scenarios where home insurance may be needed (shtf, storm, burglary, invasion/shooting...).

Thus, for you preppers, are you choosing your home insurance company with prepping in mind?

As for me, I'm shopping around for a replacement for Traveler's. I've had them for decades, and all they do is take my money but nothing else. Since they have alway had poor service and low chances they would even help with a claim, I'm thinking about dropping them for one that would actually help in an emergency.

So, who do you use and is it part of your prepping plans?

State Farm Insurance is another company that learned that you don’t mess with Florida’s school children. The company is no longer viewed a “a good neighbor” but a “creepy perverted one” in the Sunshine state. It has a lot fewer Florida customers after its Illinois HQ instructed its Florida agents to sneak age-inappropriate books into local schools and libraries.

Their retraction of this is bull shit..

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/woke-capital-blinks/
I'm cancelled my state farm insurance over this..

State Farm Insurance is another company that learned that you don’t mess with Florida’s school children. The company is no longer viewed a “a good neighbor” but a “creepy perverted one” in the Sunshine state. It has a lot fewer Florida customers after its Illinois HQ instructed its Florida agents to sneak age-inappropriate books into local schools and libraries.

Their retraction of this is bull shit..

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/woke-capital-blinks/
I'm cancelled my state farm insurance over this..

I USED TO work for them....got all my certs and then quit. Couldn't take the indoctrination. I do have to say that as a customer, they have been very good at paying up when you do have a claim.

We have farm/ranch insurance. The house, barn and all outbuildings are covered. Our solar system is covered too as well as the livestock.

BOL1 doesn't produce enough of a pecan crop to warrant insuring. This year, with the drought, it is going to be a bust anyway. The trees are dropping nutlets early and the squirrels are eating a bunch just for water.

Look ahead at where we are going.

If we assume there is a collapse and chaos, where will that leave the insurance industry?
Let's begin with the assumption that their investment portfolio is in a combination of stocks/bonds and lots of real estate.

In the financial collapse the stocks and bonds will be zero.
The real estate market will be around zero.

The insurance industry will holler force majeure, act of war as well as the result of rioting every chance they have.
They will also have a contingency plan to transfer some real estate and then declare bankruptcy.
They will begin again as a new company after the chaos settles down.

So now let's go back to the opening question posed by ParryG.
Are you referring to the short period before the collapse or during the collapse?

Last edited:
n the financial collapse the stocks and bonds will be zero.

The insurance industry will holler force majeure, act of war as well as the result of rioting every chance they have.
They will also have a contingency plan to transfer some real estate and then declare bankruptcy.

My exact thoughts too! They will not being paying out for long.

During the chaos perhaps the best insurance will be a metal roof, lots of fire fighting equipment in the house and guns.

The deluxe policy might be caulk and a little paint to hide the dings.

If you can't afford either of the above invest in a man's jumpsuit, boots and a hat.
Stuff it with rotten food from neighbor's freezers and let the dogs have at it on the front sidewalk.
That will work better than a sticker on the door saying "Insured by State Farm".

Last edited:
Look ahead at where we are going.

If we assume there is a collapse and chaos, where will that leave the insurance industry?
Let's begin with the assumption that their investment portfolio is in a combination of stocks/bonds and lots of real estate.

They will begin again as a new company after the chaos settles down.

So now let's go back to the opening question posed by ParryG.
Are you referring to the short period before the collapse or during the collapse?

I'll take it one step further: They will be complicit in bringing about the take over of farms, housing and getting people to give up their firearms.

If you have a mortgage, insurance is mandated by your lender. Failure to carry insurance and they can call your loan.

So what happens if you cannot find an insurance company to provide you insurance because you own and keep firearms? You and your lender get a letter from the insurance company dropping you. Then your lender says get insurance but, no one will give it to you…bank calls the loan and you can’t find anyone to finance you…how many people can pay back what they owe? They give up their guns instead.

Same goes for farms who look to the government for low interest loans.

It took me some time to realize HOW they were going to accomplish “by 2030 you will own nothing and be happy”.

Last edited:

rainingcatzanddogs:​

Good question, but once again, look ahead.
There will be no banks.
There will be no government programs.
There will be no one to repay the loans to.
There will be no CABAL to push the 2030 agenda.

We are going to a new paradigm.
To survive you have to adjust your way of thinking and to see the future.

Just wondering Jim - in which time range you count with this worst case? I just see what's going on in Europe, i don't think there will be so much time anymore until the big bang. Otherwise the sytem is longer alive already than i counted with.

Pay State Farm for about two months then . . .

You will know when to let them go.
When the financial system crashes it will be followed by most of the government and insurance companies.
There will be nobody to check to see if you have current insurance in force.

It will be like when the Soviet Union collapsed.
The possessor owned the home outright.

All files and records will be lost and all we can do is start a new era.

Last edited:
Accidents happen. Insurance is mandatory. It must be very expensive to insure a whole solar system. Is Pluto included? I hear it is no longer a planet.
I should have said "solar electric" system, which includes a building that houses all the gear.
Insurance isn't mandatory here, unless you hold a mortgage aginst your property.

It sounds like a good idea as long as it's not a real SHTF situation.
True. But we could have some serious disasters between now and SHTF. My #1 fear here is fires. A few years ago fire completely destroyed one of our property's. It burned every single twig and tree, probably $2-300,000 worth of timber, which wasn't insured. Two years ago a large fire burned to within 1/2 mile from our home place.

Latest posts

Back