Hmmmm? Just been to the Supermarket

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in Costco a few days ago and saw an Asian couple who had a cart full Lysol spray, Emerg-c, gloves and disinfecting wipes...whole cart was full, several hundreds of $ worth...that's all they were buying
Hi TGBS, you were witnessing one of the few preppers from Asia getting ready for their family to come to visit from Wuhan. Did they leave anything for the rest of us to buy?? GP

I wonder how many newly minted preppers will be created in China as a result of this.
What a lovely thought. The only problem is and will be, how many others will be turning into preppers and what will that do to the supply chain if a million new preppers in each nation all of a sudden want to buy and store 6 months worth of food and toilet paper?? Another pandemie for foodstuffs like Venezuela? SHTF scenario...and hoarding is ILLEGAL in Germany...GP

asked the staff; sold out, next week maybe..
Preppers buy up before the buy out comes jonnte. Do you have the recipe for HARDTACK? Self made bread/crackers/wafers that last for 100 years if done right.
THIRD storm in 3 weeks heading for the UK, this time its storm Jorge.
Hang on tight Bill and bigpaul. If I look and see what rain and snow we have had for the last few weeks, then I am sure that you all there in the EX-EU have had some real deep water problems...hope all goes fine. GP

good to know jonnte, put a bit of bouillion into the dough before baking, bake it 2 or 3 times to get it really dry. Pack in glass or plastic containers to keep them dry, they will "suck" water out of the air/atmosphere and go bad. With the bouillion, you can get them wet with boiling water and have a cup of broth with pieces......Gary

I went to Costco yesterday. I saw a lot of people loading up on bottled water and toilet paper. I even saw two people wearing masks. My husband went to Target, and a different Walmart and both were out of antibacterial wipes. My aunt did order Sambucol and Lysol on Amazon with no problem. I read somewhere that Amazon bought extra supplies in anticipation of the COVID-19 coming. My aunt said, "Well, problem solved." in regards to the extra supplies purchased by Amazon. I asked her what happens when those run out?..........crickets.......
I told her to compare this to a hurricane in the Gulf. Supplies run out quickly in those states, but they do replenish quickly after the storm because the companies can pull supplies from many other states. This is all of US (world) having a hurricane at the same time. I think she figured it out.

Preppers buy up before the buy out comes jonnte. Do you have the recipe for HARDTACK? Self made bread/crackers/wafers that last for 100 years if done right.
The ingredients are simple and it's an age-old recipe. From sailors to travelers and "pioneers" people who needed long-lasting, easily storable food have relied on on this for sustenance.

Start making hooch, alcohol is a good anti bacterial.
There are other good disinfectants as well.

Strong salt water comes to mind.

Salt water will destroy many things (like metals), but if you have something that won't get ruined, strong salt water may be of help . . . at least when it comes to stretching your supply of other disinfectants.

Latest posts

Back