"HAM" Radio Licensing

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daughter is studying Electrical Engineering, and I think I have convinced her to get her license.
I think I have gotten my wife on board for hr getting at least the technician level license.
I tried once long ago, but that was when coding was still required and that was my Achilles Heel. I now want to try again.
I too wanted to get a license long ago, but that damn code test stopped me as well.

Hey Clyde, we are getting a lot from your site. We think a lot of what you are doing. We are talking about a Ham License and radio, even though on our comm list, we are behind. Many years ago looked into and morse code was part of the test, is it still today?

Thanks for putting this out there for us to see.

Hey Clyde, we are getting a lot from your site. We think a lot of what you are doing. We are talking about a Ham License and radio, even though on our comm list, we are behind. Many years ago looked into and morse code was part of the test, is it still today?

Thanks for putting this out there for us to see.
No. Morse was removed from all three levels of testing.

Thanks, always like good news. maybe now we will stop procrastinating on that and "getter done"

LOL! I started at "A" tried to memorize my way though the alphabet. By the time I got to "L" I had already forgotten "A". It seems that for every new letter I learned, I forgot another one. My brain could only keep so many letters at a time.

What's ridiculous, is that who wouldn't have a simple cheat sheet showing the code and corresponding letters by their HAM anyhow? I mean really?

uploadfromtaptalk1379411217210.jpg

I took and passed my technician license test last night (Wednesday September 25, 2013). Now I just have to wait for the FCC to post my call sign on their site so I can start transmitting.

Not to be a downer, but I was considering getting a Ham license until I discovered that anyone can hop online and look up your full name and home address in the database, even if they only know the general vicinity you live in.

Not to be a downer, but I was considering getting a Ham license until I discovered that anyone can hop online and look up your full name and home address in the database, even if they only know the general vicinity you live in.
Yes, this I found a bit disturbing, however, You can use a po box or the like. It is just so the FCC has an address to send you stuff.

Latest posts

Back