Greetings from Brazil

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, you have a lot to learn and to do in order to get set up and ready since you said you are new to prepping.

How has been your preparation? I know it varies from place to place, living site, whether, etc.. Please let me know what you prioritize.

How has been your preparation? I know it varies from place to place, living site, whether, etc.. Please let me know what you prioritize.
So I waited until I could get on the big computer to answer. . . First off my concerns are water, food and shelter in that order. For years we just lived by a canal that we could filter if need be and then during heavy rains we have a few creeks that run thru our property, but in case all these were to stop, we drilled a well a few years ago. Now when we lose electricity, that would no longer be an option, so we have put in a Generac with a 500 gallon propane tank to run if we do lose the grid and just recently are in the process of installing solar panels, which will be able to run the whole house. This should cover my water supplies when adding in extra precautions like boiling or filtering.

As for food, we normally produce as in raise or grow the majority of what we eat. I do buy basics like flour and sugar, but I do have plans on what I could use instead of that can be harvested in the wild like acorns or grown like sugar cane around here. I do have quite a bit stored that can easily last us a long while. What I grow out of the garden we eat fresh and the excess I will preserve with either canning, dehydrating, freezing or freeze drying. You never want to rely on just one way to preserve. We also raise cows, pigs and goats. We used to have chickens but they were attacked and we never got more. We do get fresh eggs from the middle son who raises a few now.

As for shelter, we have made our home as self sufficient as we can right now. All 4 boys families plan to come here in a SHTF scenario and we also have some close friends and all have benefits so will be very welcomed.

Now in your situation, you may have to figure out how things will be. I don't know your situation. You said you live in the capital of your state so not sure if you would really want to stay there in a true SHTF scenario, but maybe if it was a short term natural disaster? Maybe you would need to look for a BOL in order to stay safe??

Latest posts

Back