GoFundMe raises more than $1 million for Trump's border wall

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still say that until we have the money, in cash, there should be no new projects. Even existing department budgets should be cut until the deficit is addressed.

I can agree with you in every way. No new projects. Cut costs until we have no deficit.

Good news, we've been working on getting a wall for decades. It's not a new project.

I still say that until we have the money, in cash, there should be no new projects. Even existing department budgets should be cut until the deficit is addressed.

We will never be caught up spending so much on illegals healthcare, food and housing.

You have to turn off the water first, then fix the flood.

Getting rather excited about the money raised so far, this morning. My calculations would be about 1,000 dollars per minute.

And I still say spend were you get a return (build the wall and save on the illegal aliens problem -- 25 billion to stop the invasion forever or 100 billion each year to keep kicking the can down the road.) and cut all social programs. No money to Planned Parenthood, no welfare money, no money to the endowment of Arts, No grants for public research, no foreign aid,

And I still say spend were you get a return (build the wall and save on the illegal aliens problem -- 25 billion to stop the invasion forever or 100 billion each year to keep kicking the can down the road.) and cut all social programs. No money to Planned Parenthood, no welfare money, no money to the endowment of Arts, No grants for public research, no foreign aid,
Cutting everything isn’t possible, but they could sure use some better management and major thinning of their budgets. I’m ok for the ones that really need food for kids and such, but think 50% of the govt programs could be deleted.

Cutting everything isn’t possible, but they could sure use some better management and major thinning of their budgets. I’m ok for the ones that really need food for kids and such, but think 50% of the govt programs could be deleted.

Brent now you are quantifying. The wall is cost effective and humanitarian (feel good point just for you), no more babies dying from dehydration trying to sneak into our country, no more being sold into sexual abuse. So you can ease your soul, your caring heart and still understand that spending money that saves even more money and lives is the right thing to do. Feel better now? More than 50% of the government is waste but you can't use a budget deficient to be a fake excuse for not funding the wall. If you really want responsible and humanitarian government, then the wall is the correct choice. So let's build the wall and cut out all that waste. Sometimes doing good is the right thing to do and it wold be very good for America to secure our borders.

Brent now you are quantifying. The wall is cost effective and humanitarian (feel good point just for you), no more babies dying from dehydration trying to sneak into our country, no more being sold into sexual abuse. So you can ease your soul, your caring heart and still understand that spending money that saves even more money and lives is the right thing to do. Feel better now? More than 50% of the government is waste but you can't use a budget deficient to be a fake excuse for not funding the wall. If you really want responsible and humanitarian government, then the wall is the correct choice. So let's build the wall and cut out all that waste. Sometimes doing good is the right thing to do and it wold be very good for America to secure our borders.
I still say cut the other programs first, from both liberal and conservatives sides. Only use funds that are below our deficit. I know that’s not a reality and neither side will ever get there, so in the big scheme of things I’m not taking any of this serious. Our country is on a runaway train towards bankruptcy, and still people are wanting to spend more. I wish us all the best. A wise thing in life is worry about the things that you can control and not the things you cannot.

I still say cut the other programs first, from both liberal and conservatives sides. Only use funds that are below our deficit. I know that’s not a reality and neither side will ever get there, so in the big scheme of things I’m not taking any of this serious. Our country is on a runaway train towards bankruptcy, and still people are wanting to spend more. I wish us all the best. A wise thing in life is worry about the things that you can control and not the things you cannot.

Brent your heart is in the right place but your logic board has problems. You want to balance the budget but refuse to cut ALL the wasted program. You don't want to fund a wall that will pay for itself in two years but you are okay with continuing welfare and social programs that have no pay back potential. How do you expect to balance a budget when you are not willing to make the cuts, that created the problem in the first place? Since you are unwilling to make the difficult choices, then the budget never gets balance, the wall never gets built and women and children continue to die in the desert and be sold into sexual slavery. You do have an opportunity to actually make a difference but you are choosing to turn away from the solution. You can't wish away the problems but you could demand the wall get built and at least fix one problem. I think you are now suffering from Trump fear. You fear the fact the President Trump will get the credit for securing our border and get re-elected. Your economic position (balanced budget) has failed, but you still refuse to concede the wall would work and be cost effective. Strange financial stance you have there. Wall pays for itself in 2 (to 4 years if the cost over runs do happen) and cures the problems of illegal aliens and stops these recurring costs. You want a balanced budget and do not want to stop these recurring welfare costs. From a financial stand point, I cannot see any logic in that position.

I feel the right has skewed the stats and figures as much as the left. I don’t believe the wall would save 5 billion in two years, or that it would only cost 5 billion. As far as cuts, I said I think 50% of most govt programs budgets could be cut, and should. As I stated before though, in the real world politicians aren’t going to stop spending other people’s money. I don’t see trumps pet project any differently as all the other emergency pet projects brought forth by all the politicians before him, which is why we are twenty plus trillion in debt right now. If he really wants a legacy of a wall why would it be so irrational to cut spending below what we take in before thinking about spending more?

Brent, it's a matter of priorities. You have made it abundantly clear that National Security is not high on your priority list, but it is very high on the priority list in the Constitution of the primary responsibilities of the Federal Government.

It's really simple:

WE ARE BEING INVADED
So we need to do whatever is necessary to stop the invasion.

Brent, it's a matter of priorities. You have made it abundantly clear that National Security is not high on your priority list, but it is very high on the priority list in the Constitution of the primary responsibilities of the Federal Government.

It's really simple:

WE ARE BEING INVADED
So we need to do whatever is necessary to stop the invasion.
I completely disagree. I do believe in border security. I just don’t think 12th century technology is going to stop the problem. Most of the drugs coming in are through the major entry points, not through deserts needing mules to carry them. They are hidden in the thousands of vehicles crossing each day. There are allready walls along most of the border, at least in the populated areas, where most crossings are anyways. I’m all for better detection and security measures. The amount of people coming in and overstaying their visas greatly outnumbers the illegal crossings at night. There are 21st century ways to track and detect these problems better and more economically. The Great Wall of china didn’t stop invaders long term, and like I said, 12th century technology won’t stop this problem either. The blank check of another 5 billion dollars of debt won’t solve it either.

I still just see this as another rallying cry to get people all excited over another stupid politicians ego driven pet project that is ineffective and costing us money that we do not have.

Brent,

Nobody says the wall will solve all of the problems. And the $5B will only build/upgrade about 200 miles of the border.

Let me try to explain it another way. The majority of the voters who got the electoral college votes to elect Trump voted for the wall. They know it's not the complete solution. They know more will need to be done. But they take this as the first step toward a more secure border. You have to start somewhere. The $5B funding has the words "START HERE" on them.

If you want to complain further, please tell me about any program you've supported that didn't have flaws? An example, you supported Hillary for president. Talk about a flawed candidate! So why did you vote for her? And you can't say because there were 2 choices. You could have also not voted. Yes, a limited number of choices, but you had to pick from multiple flawed options.

Same for the wall. Flawed due to the deficit & overrun charges etc? Sure, everything is. But once built, it will stay in place regardless of who is elected next. Only enforcing laws can easily be disregarded by the next president.

And finally, to quote a SCJ turncoat, "Elections have consequences."

Here is an article with pictures and maps about securing the border. The border wall is not planned for the entire border or even most of it, it's a very small portion. Most of the border does have vehicle obstacles though. A good portion is the Rio Grand river. Some old fencing that's not effective will be replaced and new fencing will be added in some areas. The fences when maintained are very effective in reducing the number of illegal crossings. Border patrols, surveillance and natural terrain all contribute to border security. Brent may want to read it so he knows what he is talking about.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-mexico-border-wall-photos-maps-2018-5

Brent, once again your logic and points prove invalid. 12 century technology (the wall) will defeat cave man technology, (hands and feet). The majority are simply illegal aliens walking across our borders. Walls do stop those folks. Maybe you missed the video of the two guys (mules) who climbed over the the fence carrying drugs and then climbed back over when they were spotted. I guarantee they would not have been able to climb over president Trumps wall. As for the drugs crossing in vehicles every day, I guess you have not spent any time at any legal port of entry lately. I have witnessed the dogs in action in T.J. and they are not getting across there. A car a few lanes over got signaled out and dismantled. The driver is probably doing time as we speak (write). The wall,you refer to is not a wall, it is a fence line and a very poor half azz fence line at that. It was the Liberal's compromise that once again solved nothing. It is like putting 4 strand wire around your chicken coup and calling it protected. Tell me about the 21st century ways to track and detect these problems better and are more economically. I don't think you have a clue how to stop these people with a cheaper or more efficiently way than the Trump wall. The wall is stationary, no fuel consumption. The sensor are wireless and report to the people already on duty (no new specialized drone pilots). What makes you think most of the illegal crossing occur in populated area's, remember I live in a border state, near the border.

Brent you are NOT all for better detection and security methods or you would stop your pretensions about a balanced budget being your reason to not fund the Wall. You don't have the guts to get a balanced budget and make the cuts needed to balance our debt. Now I would agree to hold off on the wall, if all non security related funds were stopped. Once the budget was completely paid off then, we could talk about the wall and social service programs. Now that is someone dedicated to a balance budget. You just give it lip service. Don't want to waste money on things you don't like but it is okay to continue wasting money on the social services that are feel good programs YOU approve. Like most Liberals, you want your cake and eat it too. Too gutless to make the tough calls on the budget but willing to point your finger at the expense of the wall, without verifying the cost benefit.

The wall of china did stop the frontal assaults but the Mongols went around the wall. They did not breach the walls. Since the super majority of illegals aliens do come across our southern border and not around our southern border, your analogy has as many holes in it as your budget logic. It would be more honest to just admit you have Trump fear and would rather we not secure our border than give President Trump another political victory.

Like you said, the Great Wall wasn’t breached but was just went around. Reminiscent of the menginot wall that the French spent tons of money on, the Germans simply went around. Most reports do show that the drugs are coming through the regular ports of entry, by far. There are too many vehicles to search them all, so the majority make it through. I don’t think spending money on better detection is a bad idea.
As far as giving trump another victory, remind me what he has done that’s good. So far I’ve seen him take credit for a good economy, which his trade war is hurting now. I’ve seen him take credit for denuclearization of n Korea, which has fallen apart. I’ve seen him insult our allies and befriend states that sponsor murdering people (Russia and The saudis). I’ve seen him trash the agreements the US signed repeatedly, making me wonder why anyone would ever trust any agreement from us again. I’ve seen him cause good people to quit with all the turmoil he causes in our govt. (Mattis for a recent example). Im not anti republican here, just seriously pointing out that trump is a horrible president. Im still in amazement that anyone still believes in him

Brent I see you have shifted away from trying to defend your Balanced budget stance. You also have failed to name any cost saving approaches that would better serve out border security.What better detection programs do you keep referring to? I am a little bit tech smart and I am not aware of any cost effective systems that would do a better detection job, so please share with us. So are you equating the illegal aliens to the Gemans in WW ll? What route are these illegals going to use to walk, or drive around our Southern border? I think I missed that path in geography class. So you are saying that stopping any percentage of human or drug smuggling is not worth the price of the wall? So people and children dying in the desert not worth the price of the wall? How many people need to die or how many drugs need to be stopped before the wall cost is valid in your opinion?

The good economy happen after President Trump removed the Obuma regulation and brought millions of dollars back into our country. As for the trade war, more manufacturing is returning to America, so how is that bad? You want to see him stop associating with nations that sponsor murder, then we should get the heck out of Nato and the U.N. Yes people do quit, some may be good and some may be worthless, but you or I do not have the facts (not guesses) to judge who is which. We only know whom we like and that does not make them good or bad people. The Paris Accord was and is a stupid agreement and President Trumps was smart to get us out of it. The U.N. migration proposal was and is a huge nightmare waiting for the stupid nations that have stayed on board. They will be flooded with third world migrants. More and more countries are also bailing out of it. Please name our allies? These same countries stab us in the back and expect us to keep smiling. They have tariffs on our imports but scream blood murder when President Trump wants to do the same to them. They have become globalist servitude countries. Open borders, bankrupt economies and rampant crime. So we should kiss their tush and be like them. I think not. Our President has finally got a pair and we have stopped apologizing to the world for being successful. As for North Korea, I notice he did not remove any sanctions from them either. They have played this game in the past and gotten concessions from past presidents. It did not work out this time.

You want to point to horrible Presidents and lier's, how about Ex-president Obama. I am guessing you have Forgot about the Russian Reset button. OR you can keep your doctor Or you can keep your medical plan. How about all the lost money investing in failed solar companies. Or shutting down our oil drilling to keep us subservient to these same nations that you point to as condoning murder. How about 8 years of horrible economic growth and now two year into President Trumps administration, we have the best economy in the last 40 years.

At least you finally admitted you are Anti-Trump. That is an honest statement vs. the B.S. of budget concerns. A simple I would not support the wall because I hate Trump would have saved us both a lot of typing.

Latest posts

Back