Electric Cars

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that its highly likely that in a nasty crisis and if people are getting violent that I agree conventional vehicles will become targets. For hijacking, robbery and fuel theft. It leads me to believe small compact utility vehicles that can easily be concealed may become the default vehicle of choice for many of us. Kawasaki and John Deere type Mules, Quad bikes towing utility trailers etc travelling cross country away from the roads appears to make more sense (for local operations obviously). In southern climes I think solar rechargeable Golf Buggies could become very useful to us, and of course Skidoos way up north. Compact, powerful, reliable , CONCEALABLE and economic OFF ROAD machines.

Course guys like Maverick with probably go pony / horse where possible. But I do believe honestly in a bad SHTF situation highways will become ambush and hijack heaven .

I'd like an electric car because:

1. Gasoline is going to become a rare commodity that people kill each other over; I want no part of that lol.
2. Electric cars are super quiet and thus more stealthy; easier to bug out at night without anyone hearing me.
3. All that's needed to fuel it is a Solar Generator and the cable supplied with the car.
4. All that's needed to protect it from an EMP is a faraday garage/shipping container.
5. I'm a tree-hugging hippie who wants to do her part to help protect the environment lol.

Cons:

1. Limited speed...but there's things I could do to mitigate this risk (armor, run-flats, caltrops/smoke-screen/oil-slick).
2. Limited horsepower...but I'm a minimalist anyway. Not to mention electric car technology is advancing.
3. Limited range...but with a virtually infinite, portable fuel source, this is kinda negligible lol.
4. Small size...but this might actually be a Pro in some cases lol, (maneuverability, easy to hide, easy to clean).
I too want an electric car. I am not sure about driverless though. lol

Well, if wishes were rainbows...and I could magically have an electric pickup appear in my driveway...

I'd wish for a Bollinger B2
bolinger-b2-pickup-1539206088.jpg

014-small.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Electric cars are available now. Go buy one. Maybe even what passes for a "pickup" now days is available too. Electric vehicles may work for some people; who never travel very far, live in warm climates, live in urban areas, who dont care about their safety, and who never carry anything more than a small bag of groceries or a toy poodle.
An electric vehicle will never work for people like myself. I need a real truck and a real SUV. I haul close to a hundred ton of hay, stock trailers full of cattle, equipment, lumber and firewood. Dont think I could do any of that with a cheap, unsafe POS electric vehicle. Not to mention that one would never make up my driveway.

Well, if wishes were rainbows...and I could magically have an electric pickup appear in my driveway...

There are at least six Electric Pick-Ups available today. You guys are seriously out of touch with modern EV technology.

...And I was just censored for the third time in less than ten days here. That's someone phucking with my words damn near every other day.

Bye y'all. =P

There are at least six Electric Pick-Ups available today. You guys are seriously out of touch with modern EV technology.

...And I was just censored for the third time in less than ten days here. That's someone phucking with my words damn near every other day.

Bye y'all. =P
Sorry Nora. Not out of touch, just know what works in the real world. They are what passes for a "pickup" by some marketing people. But they wouldn't do what a real gas/diesel will do. They would be fine for urban dwellers who want to look hip, but no good for real work.

The Bollinger is no Super Duty, but it's not a wimpy pickup either
POWER
Dual Motor, 1 Front and Rear
614 Horsepower
668 ft-lb Torque
4.5 Second 0-60 MPH
100 MPH Top Speed
7.8 Power/Weight Ratio
2 Speed, Hi/Lo Range Gearbox

CAPABILITY
15” Ground Clearance
10” Wheel Travel
(10” to 20” Variable Ground Clearance)
5001 LB. Payload Capacity
7500 LB. Towing Capacity

Anything that takes more than ten minutes to refuel even at IMPROVISED fuel dumps is of little or no use to preppers in hostile environments. You need to be able to grab a Jerry can of Gas or Diesel or a bottle of hydrogen and fill the tank up ANYWHERE in your AOO. Battery jobs are fine for very short distances with access to recharging points, but realistically only good for chores around the homestead.

Battery jobs are fine for very short distances with access to recharging points, but realistically only good for chores around the homestead.
Currently I need more range that an electric offers, but that is how I would use a pickup in SHTF conditions. Unlike Arctic I don't need to haul livestock up mountain roads. The ability to haul lumber etc. short distances and operate in the mud is all I need.

I'd like an electric car because:

1. Gasoline is going to become a rare commodity that people kill each other over; I want no part of that lol.
2. Electric cars are super quiet and thus more stealthy; easier to bug out at night without anyone hearing me.
3. All that's needed to fuel it is a Solar Generator and the cable supplied with the car.
4. All that's needed to protect it from an EMP is a faraday garage/shipping container.
5. I'm a tree-hugging hippie who wants to do her part to help protect the environment lol.

Cons:

1. Limited speed...but there's things I could do to mitigate this risk (armor, run-flats, caltrops/smoke-screen/oil-slick).
2. Limited horsepower...but I'm a minimalist anyway. Not to mention electric car technology is advancing.
3. Limited range...but with a virtually infinite, portable fuel source, this is kinda negligible lol.
4. Small size...but this might actually be a Pro in some cases lol, (maneuverability, easy to hide, easy to clean).
Got a question nobody has answered, It has already been proven in many studys that our power grid is about to fail due to lack of infrastructure maint and upgrades, how are elec vehicles and other item going to be charged if we have no power????

Vauxhall Agila is the mini version of an MPV(multi purpose vehicle) and whilst it might be small I can load it up with lots of stuff, firewood, pallets, blue plastic barrels and anything else I might need.
fuel consumption is good and so is acceleration.
it will certainly serve me well in a post SHTF situation until the fuel runs out, then I'll use them(we have 2) to block off access.
I'm not going to be bugging out, I bugged out of a city 21 years ago and I've gone about as far out into the countryside as I can for now.

Last edited:
Got a question nobody has answered, It has already been proven in many studys that our power grid is about to fail due to lack of infrastructure maint and upgrades, how are elec vehicles and other item going to be charged if we have no power????
like anything else electrical it wont!

Latest posts

Back