Don'tcha just love Texas???

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know there's more to the story. He had something in the house. Drugs? Maybe he bragged about other things (dumb prepper?)?

Notice that when they broke in the front door, he didn't tell them to hang on while he opened his gun safe, undid the trigger guard and loaded a magazine.

And of course, notice that it's written as no big deal. He grabbed is AK47. So what, doesn't everyone have an AK-47 handy? Had this happened in Connecticut, imagine how evil the homeowner would be described as. How the gun was evil and he had xx loaded magazines at the ready. The story would be about the two evils: homeowner and guns.

Instead, the story is simply the overall facts. 5 invaders. A ready homeowner with good aim, hitting all 5 with 3 confirmed kills. The story doesn't talk about how the 5 guys were 'good kids' and their mommies crying. The 5 had weapons (didn't say what kind) and fired at the homeowner, but apparently even with the element of surprise and advantage of 5:1 in numbers, they still couldn't hit the homeowner. No reason to take the homeowners weapon, he obviously needs it!

And there's other things not written, simply implied. For example the neighborhood is now 5x safer. We have the slogan "Don't Mess with Texas". In this fellow's story, that sure applies.

You know there's more to the story. He had something in the house. Drugs? Maybe he bragged about other things (dumb prepper?)?
One report said that the invaders were known to the homeowner and that he believed he was targeted specifically. Didn't say why. Possibly an OPSEC failure on his part.

With the pictures and description of the location on the news (Sherman and 71st), it wasn't hard to find it on Google Maps:
https://www.google.com/maps/@29.737...4!1s03jM2jmDSH1PFFJWJF5dGg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Local Houston TV station KPRC 2 is reporting that there were at least 70 rounds fired, possibly up to 90.

Last edited:
One report said that the invaders were known to the homeowner and that he believed he was targeted specifically. Didn't say why. Possibly an OPSEC failure on his part.

With the pictures and description of the location on the news (Sherman and 71st), it wasn't hard to find it on Google Maps:
https://www.google.com/maps/@29.737...4!1s03jM2jmDSH1PFFJWJF5dGg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Local Houston TV station KPRC 2 is reporting that there were at least 70 rounds fired, possibly up to 90.

Anything worth doing, is worth doing right.

Unrelated, the homeowner is cancelling the robbery clause in his insurance!

Other uncommented notes is that the police did not arrest the resident. He defended himself, in his own home. That's the start and that's the end of the story. I hope every burglar reads this story very carefully.

I'm guessing he was up to something shady, but that's no excuse for 5 people to break into his house, or reason why he shouldn't defend himself.

Unrelated, the homeowner is cancelling the robbery clause in his insurance!

Other uncommented notes is that the police did not arrest the resident. He defended himself, in his own home. That's the start and that's the end of the story. I hope every burglar reads this story very carefully.

That's assuming they are educated enough and really care about the going on's to even read... that's a lot of assuming ;)

When stories like this break put Yourself in that position and think about how would you react .

I suppose if I was expecting trouble with 5 hooded men I would answer the door with the AR or AK in this case, any other time I would have a handgun. I don’t know anyone personally that answers the door with an AK in the ready but then again I don’t know what the police knows but it does make me evaluate the what if’s.

We had a situation in these parts last year where 3 hooded men kicked the door in and one of the men was shot dead, they kicked in the door at the wrong house.

The third ward is location with the highest crime rate. You should avoid driving through the third ward. The location of the incident is in the second ward. It’s right next to the third ward. I am sure a lot of people in these neighborhoods are ready to go at a moments notice with some serious fire power.

Latest posts

Back