Canning

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am hypersensitive to bitterness especially in greens (can't stand turnip greens) and most of the time I don't like Brussel sprouts. But there is this dive in Arlington VA near my son's place called "Rebellion" (named after the 1791 "Whiskey Rebellion") that has some kickin' roasted Brussel sprouts with Parmesan cheese.

Managed to tweak out 7 quarts of chicken w carrots, onion, celery, n potatoes in each quart for pressure canning today. Recipe in video called it chicken n gravy. Put chicken bone broth in the jars with it. Late stsrt eith everything else i had to do today, so will be about 10:45pm before I can take jars out and be done this eve. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get 7 more qrts. Same of chicken, and 7 beef w veggies n beef bone broth, and 7 with pork. Hope I can get up early enough to get 3 seperate batches pressure canned tomorrow!

14 qrts today, first batch w beef and veggies in the jars w beef broth...have 2nd batch in now w some pork n veggies, and some jars w rest of chicken n veggies, n chicken broth n all. I added seasonings to this batch: Sage, thyme, rosemary, little poultry seasoning, forgot pepper. No salt since broth is salty.

1714343247111.jpeg

Cabbage is on sale so husband got me 4 heads to make kraut. I think I can sit and do most of the work. I can also take my time.

I'm gonna wait until after I have my hopefully "final test" on Wednesday before trying. I want to make sure they don't put restrictions on me that rules out making kraut. Lol

Every time I type kraut it changes it to kraft.

I managed to get in 7 more quarts Of more chicken I found to use up on Sunday. Tuesday night I did all prep for homemade chili. Got up early yesterday morning and was able to get 7 quarts of that in canner before I started work. 21 quarts of good done over weekend snd 7 yesterday. I feel pretty good about that. Obviously I don't think I have enough food put away for 6 pple. Just yet. Plus needed to clear some meat out of freezer. Hoping to get to some dry canning meal in a jar recipes accomplished this weekend. If not, I'll be pressure canning something else for sure, then do another total inventory. We have used out of some previously made stock, so replenishing is another reason.

Latest posts

Back