Burner phone

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you use them? Can you buy any cheap phone , leave it in supply bag until you need it ? Does it need your number? How do you activate it?
Unless you're hiding from some government agency, just using your existing cell phone is a lot cheaper. You CAN buy a cheap prepaid cell phone at Walmart etc. but the minutes have a stale date, so when you need it they could be expired. I wouldn't depend on the cellular network to be up anyway!

I got one just as an exercise.
I went to a local drug store, not a chain, parked in an area with no cameras, paid cash, wore a wide brimmed hat to hide my face from the ceiling cameras in the store, and drove out in the middle of nowhere to activated it. I never turned it on at home. I'm sure the NSA could have figured it out somehow, but it would have been difficult to trace me.
It came with a number. You activate it online using the phone. You usually don't need WiFi to activate it.
I don't know how long you can wait before you activate it. What I did was just buy several months of minutes and put them all in up front so it would be ready to use at a moment's notice. Then threw it away after that. If you activate it and your minutes run out, you'll have to reactivate it if you wait too long.

when you go into the ghetto areas the corner bodegas have boxes & boxes of the phones opened to buy - pick & choose different brands and models - mix up the serial numbers - no cameras or receipts ....

Go to the thrift store and find an old corded phone. Then, put a pair of alligator clips on the green and red wires. Then, drive down a random dirt road and find a quiet spot with a green phone box and poke around in there until you find a dial tone.
Or get one of these...
20220310_101621[1].jpg

Latest posts

Back