Bows, Arrows, and Crossbows

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometime the nocking points just push back in, Oh yes one brand of bolt the point actually unscrews so you can fill it with sand from the other end, but if the nock point stays loose just use a tiny dab of silicone sealant, not superglue. A modded bolt up to ten meters WILL penetrate through a winter parka, fleece, vest and a couple of inches of tissue. ESPECIALLY if ou sharpen the bullet point a bit more.

you have to sacrifice something to gain the other,still if needed it would be for close range,thanks for this tip my friend :)

filled those bolts with fine sand,heavier than before,but not that much,as NR said,it should penetrate better and that's a major big plus ;)

Next you will need a compound bow . Not sure if you have a place you can shoot archery . I shoot a 65lb Bear archery bow and I still like the 2117 aluminium arrows over the new carbon or graphite arrows .

right now the want's exceed the needs ( budget wise) but maybe in the summer ;)

ooh, I can always find a spot here where to practice,that's the beauty of were I live; forest around me.
tried one of those "new bolts" luckily I had everything in my tool box to fix that hole in the inner door and some paint too :D

I did warn you about penetration, mind you I did something similar with the air rifle when I glued some steel BBs onto the end of an air rifle pellet.

tried one of those "new bolts" luckily I had everything in my tool box to fix that hole in the inner door and some paint too :D

Had a retired Brit from Manchester England that worked for me part time several years ago . He spent most of his work years working in South Africa working for the power company and retired from there (stories he could tell) . He could not stand anything that was cracked , broke or damaged . I went to work oneday and he was there patching sheet rock . I said Gordon what are you doing here he smiled and said " ooh just spakling ".

sometimes there are actually wonderful characters in this world :D

Latest posts

Back