Amazon is now going to be involved in health care

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds like our postal service here,you can order a mail man to cut grass for you and possibly in the near future they will
venture into home care too,so while some mail man is mowing your lawn the other will give you the pills of the day ;) hope he/she gives you the right ones...

and sometimes might deliver some mail too...just wouldn't risk any of my older family memebers to their home care..

sounds like our postal service here,you can order a mail man to cut grass for you and possibly in the near future they will
venture into home care too,so while some mail man is mowing your lawn the other will give you the pills of the day ;) hope he/she gives you the right ones...

and sometimes might deliver some mail too...just wouldn't risk any of my older family memebers to their home care..

And now they don't deliver on Tuesdays at all and somehow don't manage to complete their rounds before 6pm. I remember the days the post was on the doorstep before breakfast and that was done by a guy on a bike.

I think a new approach to health care is badly needed. Why should a routine dr office visit be over 200.00? I would imagine they are thinking about televisits and mailing the drugs or emailing a script. It’s not a new idea but has never been done on a large scale yet. Anything to bring down costs and increase access by the poor is a win in my opinion.

It is a mess, and will always be a mess. I do not know of any health care system that is not. Sometimes I wonder if we all shouldn't just let nature just takes it course.

I think a new approach to health care is badly needed. Why should a routine dr office visit be over 200.00? I would imagine they are thinking about televisits and mailing the drugs or emailing a script. It’s not a new idea but has never been done on a large scale yet. Anything to bring down costs and increase access by the poor is a win in my opinion.
A lot of the cost of appointments is due to overhead. Office space, staff and not least of all malpractice insurance to name a few. I have not been to the doctor in 2 years.

A lot of the cost of appointments is due to overhead. Office space, staff and not least of all malpractice insurance to name a few. I have not been to the doctor in 2 years.
I think there should be a waiver offered by drs and hospitals. If you sign away your right to sue then your bill is 30% less...
As far as having a physical once in a while, I strongly recommend it. Prevention and early detection is a lot cheaper than treatment later on. Even the walk in clinics usually offer some kind of basic physical pretty reasonably. I’m not worried about living into my 90’s or anything like that but want to feel good while I am around at least. Getting checked out occasionally is kind of like prepping, it’s smart.

I think there should be a waiver offered by drs and hospitals. If you sign away your right to sue then your bill is 30% less...
As far as having a physical once in a while, I strongly recommend it. Prevention and early detection is a lot cheaper than treatment later on. Even the walk in clinics usually offer some kind of basic physical pretty reasonably. I’m not worried about living into my 90’s or anything like that but want to feel good while I am around at least. Getting checked out occasionally is kind of like prepping, it’s smart.
having medical experience is a plus, I can do my own physical, I have no conditions or medications. I went to a doctor about 2 yrs ago for a check up, what a waste of money. I can do a better physical than they can, asked questions that made no sense or didn't ask the right ones, no systems assessment. Nope, I can do better. All I need a MD or NP for right now is to order labs if I want them, which I don't need.

How much of the cost of health care is driven up by illegals, "poor" and others who can't/won't pay their own way? The rest of us have to cover these cost with higer treatment costs and higer insurance premiums.
Absolutely right, about 10% of those people take up 90% of the funds. Something like that.

There are more of the "no insurance" clinics popping up. They charge the actual cost for procedures. Not the $20 for a band aid route. This is free market in action. People are paying less than they would if turned into their insurance companies .

I've read about how surgeries are so much cheaper for patients because they cut the fluff . Patients seems to be loving it.

I never heard of these no insurance clinics, etc. Where are they? Not in rural areas I suppose?

I never heard of these no insurance clinics, etc. Where are they? Not in rural areas I suppose?

There actually one in my hometown of Bowling Green KY. It's not a large city at all. I wish I could remember the article. It was actually a group of doctors fed up with the government paperwork that got the ball rolling.

Latest posts

Back