2015 Meet & Greet Poll- What season??

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What season would be best to hold an annual Meet & Greet in your region?

• Spring

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Summer

Votes: 41 41.4%
  • Fall

Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Winter

Votes: 8 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WHO IN THE WORLD VOTED FOR WINTER!?

Depends where you are. Winter in FL, is well...fall anywhere else. LOL.
I voted summer though. Spring actually works for me too, but Fall and Winter would be tricky for me, just too much going on during those months. Still, if close enough, I'd make the time.

Late Winter is the slow time for lots of ocupations and may be easier to get away from work . If their was a large public event in a region that was already set up to acomadate crowds that could be a meeting place .

I'm moving back to Canada next summer which is why I put it down. The fall and winter also work for me.

Sorry guys, but I had to vote for winter. . . any other time I am busy with the garden, preserving and critters. The winter months is when it slows down for me, but unless it was really close to me, I wouldn't be able to attend anyway.

I voted Spring, but I'm open to anytime. I just need notice to arrange the time off and make travel plans.

Is it too early to start discussing locations? Are we planning one national, or several regional events?

Hey Gang, I'd love to do a National M&G, but I feel a Regional M&G is probably more within my means. Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Louisiana are all good for me ( and the wife and kids).

Thanks for posting here, everyone. Please weigh in on the poll. If you can't get dow on a National one, please feel free to plan on on a smaller scale.

@ Wiredog, what if the national one was in your neck of the woods? Is the even too big for your liking, or were you thinking ti would be too far?

Thanks for posting here, everyone. Please weigh in on the poll. If you can't get dow on a National one, please feel free to plan on on a smaller scale.

@ Wiredog, what if the national one was in your neck of the woods? Is the even too big for your liking, or were you thinking ti would be too far?
You know, when you and I talked, Alabaster, I said something about something central to everyone, but it really does make more sense to make it close to where the majority are for a better turnout. I'd be willing to head southwest for a regional or national.

That's what I figured, but I've spoken with some folks who are a little weary of taking overnight trips with folks they don't know. I can't imagine how they'll meet anyone if they don't go to any events, though. That member isn't even active here anymore. It makes me wonder how much stock you can put in someone's opinion. I don't like to sound cynical, though.

im weary of folks that i dont know myself.and thats one reason i believe that meet n greets is a ideal situation for all of us.this way we can at least get to know each other somewhat..pluss it's a great way to plan a bug out to a new location if needed..pluss it'll be a good way to learn new things n all as well.right along with everything else that goes with a meet n greet

With me beeing failry new to the site please excuse my question, but has there been a meet n greet before or would the next one have been the first one?
And what do you guys consider as a meet n greet?
Thanks in advance.

there was one last summer..if ya wanna call it that..only 1 family and my self showed up at the planed campout..even thoe no one else showed up.it still turned allright.

You set this up so you can't tell who voted for which season, didn't you? You have 13 people who voted for summer. Where do those 13 people live? Is it possible to centralize a summer meeting for those people. Then you have 8 who voted for the fall. Is it possible to centralize a fall meeting for them?
I know I wouldn't want to drive 2 days to have dinner with a bunch of strangers. And I'm really not sure I'd drive 2 days to camp out on the ground either!
Is it possible to find another event that will be attractive to a number of DPF members and arrange a meet around that? That way at least if not many people showed up, there would be another reason or being there.
Let me think on this a bit; I have few ideas rolling around in my head. I'll do some research and get back to you.

a thought just occured to me..i believe it'd be a great idea to have one for each season.have one in one season one year.then another season next year..this way each of us that goes to one,can plan for each season better.plus,if someone cant go to one in one season.can go to one in a diff season.and we get to meet more folks this way,as well

Okay. I'll be keeping an eye on the results for a while...

WHO IN THE WORLD VOTED FOR WINTER!? I actually felt like leaving that one off the poll, but figured cold weather training is good for the mettle, so maybe a M&G in the cold isn't a bad idea, either.

Keep posting this in the chatbox too, if you would. That way we keep it in front of members.
A Floridian probably. It is very hot and buggy here:)

I'm fairly flexible and will make the effort to come if it's not too far away. I'd love to put faces to some of the interesting people I've met here.

Latest posts

Back