Zombie~apocalypse

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zombie~apocalypse

Reaction score
So I'm turning 17 in a couple of days, I've always known the world is going to go to shit sometime in the near future, I have a backpack and I have even made my own weapons(I have Native American blood in me). I live in the San Francisco area of California, I have always been passionate about talking about the downfall of mankind ether it be zombies, economy, or a natural disaster I am ready. :)

And my dad is a former United States Marine, he has taught me a lot of helpful information, and I prefer bludgeon weapons over fire power

Welcome. Thing is though, firearms can kill at a distance. You could be shot way before being able to swing a bat at someone. Even in an event like your namesake, the real threat would be the other surviving humans, vs. the zombies. (and depending on the cause, I'm thinking that the spray from clubbing a zombie is just as likely to infect someone as being bitten).

The zombies aren't competing for your resources. The other human survivors are. THEY are the dangerous ones.

yea blunt weapons are great but! you would have to be covert everywere you went because if spotted by someone with a firearm of the wants what you have type you would be dodging bullets . you should atleast carry a small caliber pistol as a back up even if it is just a .22

Welcome. Thing is though, firearms can kill at a distance. You could be shot way before being able to swing a bat at someone. Even in an event like your namesake, the real threat would be the other surviving humans, vs. the zombies. (and depending on the cause, I'm thinking that the spray from clubbing a zombie is just as likely to infect someone as being bitten).

The zombies aren't competing for your resources. The other human survivors are. THEY are the dangerous ones.
Yeah, I'd rather go against a grizzlie over a desperate human any day, or just about any other threat. People are intelligent, unpredictable and can be way more vicious than any natural threat.

Oh well of course, don't get me wrong, I love guns, I'm just saying I prefer blunt weapons, like with a handgun or something's, it's because I'm only 5 " 4 and 17 years old, it's hard for me to hold up an m16, let alone a shotgun, I can hold a .22 rifle pretty well

You can kill most things with a 22lr, your doing fine!! Blunt weapons? You mean like Bats, maces and hammers? Or are you misunderstanding the term "Blunt weapon"

So I'm turning 17 in a couple of days, I've always known the world is going to go to shit sometime in the near future, I have a backpack and I have even made my own weapons(I have Native American blood in me). I live in the San Francisco area of California, I have always been passionate about talking about the downfall of mankind ether it be zombies, economy, or a natural disaster I am ready. :)
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Great opening sentence!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

You can kill most things with a 22lr, your doing fine!! Blunt weapons? You mean like Bats, maces and hammers? Or are you misunderstanding the term "Blunt weapon"
No, I'm not confusing them, a handmade tomahawk counts as a blunt weapon right?

No because its sharp. Blunt means flat not sharp. Ball-bats, clubs, pipes, sticks, staffs and maces are all blunt weapons. Anything with a blade isn't.

Tomahawks as we think of them today originated with the Royal Navy boarding axe and was introduced as a trade item.

e160-3.jpg

For many tribes, the traditional weapon that the metal head tomahawk replaced was the war club, which usually was a blunt instrument, or semi-blunt instrument. There is not a clear distinction between a traditional tomahawk and a war club because even if it had a somewhat sharp edge, it usually wasn't a "blade" as we think of it unless made of something like obsidian. I guess one distinction is that a traditional tomahawk could be a tool for chopping wood, while a war club was strictly a weapon.

NinepipesMuseum_WarClubs.jpg

Last edited:
No because its sharp. Blunt means flat not sharp. Ball-bats, clubs, pipes, sticks, staffs and maces are all blunt weapons. Anything with a blade isn't.

What he said. When it comes to blunt weapons, my favorite is a good, metal baseball bat. Light enough to use one-handed, and nice and long.

howdy .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replys you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

A Warm Welcome! It is good to see that the young uns are getting involved in prepping

Hello, I'm also 17 and I've been prepping for a while. Gratz on making your own weapons, I've made bows and some slight modifications to my current one (new string and arrow rest) I prefer closer quarters like you but I'd always want to have a fire arm with me at all times when the S goes down.

Latest posts

Back