zinc and iron

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mustang592

Reaction score
idk if this is the right place for this but does anyone know what a good use for these two metals, like if someone melted them.

i know lead is good for making bullets but id like to know what these 2 can be used for

You can still get lead wheel weights . They have a certain % tin in them and make good bullets that won't strip lead off in the barrel Modest hand gun loads . Not sure about getting lead from old car batterys . Zink and iron I don't know .

yuk! no! don't mess with car batteries. I tried cutting one open once to get the lead out for sinkers.

NEVER AGAIN!

most tire shops will sell you their used weights for a couple bucks.It's hard lead though and doesn't pour as well as soft.
I've never done bullets before. Just sinkers

I have made zinc bullets. I had to heat the mold with a torch to get it to fill out. I have not shot any though...I just wanted to see if I could do it.

Right now I'm using straight wheel weights for bullets and they work fine. When that runs out, I have some pure lead I got from a roofer (lead flashing) and some linotype I bought off of EvilBay, and I'll need to brew up my own alloy recipe. Probably need to add a little tin solder to the mix to get the mold to fill out.

Latest posts

Back