Your Preps Library

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think books on skills would be extremely helpful too.
Some examples include;
Welding and blacksmithing
Plumbing
Electrical - AC and DC, solar, wind
Trapping - including snaring and dead falls
Homesteading - gardening and livestock
Food prep - butchering, canning, smoking
Mechanics - repair manuals for whatever equipment that you have
Building - cabins, barns, coops, etc

This week I've added two new books to my meager but growing library of prep books.

The Useful Knots Book: How to Tie the 25+ Most Practical Knots (Escape, Evasion, and Survival) (Volume 3)
The Survival Medicine Handbook: A Guide For When Help Is Not On The Way

The first one is exactly what it sounds like. Useful, and I'm learning ropecraft, which is something I didn't know before that will come in handy just in general. The second one is the one I was more interested in. I flipped through it when it arrived this morning, lots of pictures to illustrate the various types of injuries they cover and how to treat them, as well as a LOT of information to read. Seems pretty good, but I won't know for sure until I read through it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Firefox-bo...880441?hash=item263836eaf9:g:dYcAAOSwO1Neiy1b

Found on Ebay. Great books. Printed 70 - 80. Used but worth the purchase.
I have the full series, they were my Dads.

th id=OIP.Rrj6iFVUgiziZWMUDzHJzAHaG-&w=160&h=150&rs=1&qlt=80&pid=3.jpg

Cookbook of preppers and survivors
F. Castillo

41zO8noHozL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Cookbook-preppers-survivors-F-Castillo/dp/B08731CPXS
  • Paperback: 141 pages
  • Publisher: AMAZON (April 13, 2020)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-13: 979-8636814795
  • ASIN: B08731CPXS
  • Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 0.3 x 9.2 inches

f you run out of bread, you can make more with flour, but how do you make bread? And how do you make flour? And how do you make yeast? This book explains step by step how to create the main foods of humanity, from bread to vinegar, including wine, beer, pasta, chuño, cheese, yogurt, sausages and others. In addition, a good number of simple recipes with few ingredients are added and if you do not have a well equipped kitchen, this book teaches you how to build wood-burning ovens, a solar cooker, boil water in a wooden container and other utensils and techniques that will help us to be self sufficient. The book also includes a description of the most durable foods and techniques for their conservation. In short, an illustrated cookbook with dozens of photographs for the preppers and for the survivors and bushcrafters. ----1.Introduction.--2. Foods made with flour.--3.Dairy.--4.Alcoholic beverages.--5.potato.--6.Varied recipes of easy to prepare foods.--7.Low-tech cooking techniques.--8.Long lasting food.--9.Homemade food preservation.--10.Check if a plant is poisonous.--11.Animal cutting.--12. Wild animals meat recipes.--13.Conclusion.--14. Bibliography.---+Annex: Unit conversion table between the metric and Imperial or american system.

Last edited:
Added to the library: the lost book of herbal remedies

"This unique book is written by Dr. Nicole Apelian, an herbalist with over 20 years of experience working with plants and Claude Davis, a wild west expert passionate about the lost remedies and wild edibles that kept previous generations alive.

The Lost Book of Herbal Remedies has color pictures of over 181 healing plants, lichens, and mushrooms of North America (2-4 pictures/plant for easy identification). Inside, you'll also discover over 550+ powerful natural remedies made from them for every one of your daily needs. Many of these remedies were used by our forefathers for hundreds of years while others come from Dr. Nicole’s extensive natural practice."

Cookbook of preppers and survivors
F. Castillo

41zO8noHozL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Cookbook-preppers-survivors-F-Castillo/dp/B08731CPXS
  • Paperback: 141 pages
  • Publisher: AMAZON (April 13, 2020)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-13: 979-8636814795
  • ASIN: B08731CPXS
  • Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 0.3 x 9.2 inches

f you run out of bread, you can make more with flour, but how do you make bread? And how do you make flour? And how do you make yeast? This book explains step by step how to create the main foods of humanity, from bread to vinegar, including wine, beer, pasta, chuño, cheese, yogurt, sausages and others. In addition, a good number of simple recipes with few ingredients are added and if you do not have a well equipped kitchen, this book teaches you how to build wood-burning ovens, a solar cooker, boil water in a wooden container and other utensils and techniques that will help us to be self sufficient. The book also includes a description of the most durable foods and techniques for their conservation. In short, an illustrated cookbook with dozens of photographs for the preppers and for the survivors and bushcrafters. ----1.Introduction.--2. Foods made with flour.--3.Dairy.--4.Alcoholic beverages.--5.potato.--6.Varied recipes of easy to prepare foods.--7.Low-tech cooking techniques.--8.Long lasting food.--9.Homemade food preservation.--10.Check if a plant is poisonous.--11.Animal cutting.--12. Wild animals meat recipes.--13.Conclusion.--14. Bibliography.---+Annex: Unit conversion table between the metric and Imperial or american system.

I ordered that, the girls are reading it now before I had a chance to open it grr

Maverick: You have more books than my local library. A very impressive collection. I have about a dozen; all hard copy. Some paperback, some hardback. I do have the SAS Urban Survival Guide both full sized and pocket edition for my BOB; and the Special Forces Survival Guide. I think my favorites are:

* How to Survive the End of the World as we Know it by James Wesley Rawles

* How to Survive the Apocalypse in the Suburbs by Wendy Brown

* When Disaster Strikes by Matthew Stein

I will admit to being a hopeless Survival/Prepping junkie; and I will read everything I can get my hands on.

Maverick: You have more books than my local library. A very impressive collection. I have about a dozen; all hard copy. Some paperback, some hardback. I do have the SAS Urban Survival Guide both full sized and pocket edition for my BOB; and the Special Forces Survival Guide. I think my favorites are:

* How to Survive the End of the World as we Know it by James Wesley Rawles

* How to Survive the Apocalypse in the Suburbs by Wendy Brown

* When Disaster Strikes by Matthew Stein

I will admit to being a hopeless Survival/Prepping junkie; and I will read everything I can get my hands on.

I can't remember everything (wish I could) and like ammo reloading, I find myself always opening the book.

Added to the library: the lost book of herbal remedies

"This unique book is written by Dr. Nicole Apelian, an herbalist with over 20 years of experience working with plants and Claude Davis, a wild west expert passionate about the lost remedies and wild edibles that kept previous generations alive.

The Lost Book of Herbal Remedies has color pictures of over 181 healing plants, lichens, and mushrooms of North America (2-4 pictures/plant for easy identification). Inside, you'll also discover over 550+ powerful natural remedies made from them for every one of your daily needs. Many of these remedies were used by our forefathers for hundreds of years while others come from Dr. Nicole’s extensive natural practice."
I have that book, very helpful.

in regard to prepping and languages >>> having books for translating a wide variety of languages is just wise wide ranging prepping >> if we could forecast the future and guarantee that we'd never have to translate some Blue Helmet language or even Chinese - we could relax a whole lot about our prepping needs ...

Latest posts

Back