Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Fighting style do you favor?

• Total voters
I'm 73 and started with Mr. Yueng when I was 42. He started teaching me when he was 78 and lived to be 97. I have no interest in looking big, I've seen it all, all the put downs and claims of being a liar. it is to be expected, isn't it.

It’s amazing how many claimed to be Bruce Lees true master after he passed. Who Bruce trained with is well documented. No secret masters. I trained with 2 personal friends of Bruce. Neither mentioned secret family anything. Neither did Bruce. Anyone can google his background. Ip Man is well known. Gene LaBell is where Bruce got his grappling. Several Karate instructors were good friends of his where he learned to add serious power to his kicks including Ed Parker and Chuck Norris with TKD and Tang Soo Do. Arnis and Escrima were exchanged by his friend Dan Inosanto. And many others. He took what worked on him and discarded the rest. Kind of like what most will choose to do with dragons story. Besides a cool story there’s nothing to collaborate your fantastical story. Was he involved with Bruce? Yes. Was he a martial artist? Yes. Was my Grandfather buds with Bruce Lee and a martial artist? Yes. So now I’ve got everything I need to prove that my Grandfather was the actual secret teacher of Bruce. Let’s just take Bruce at his word.

It’s amazing how many claimed to be Bruce Lees true master after he passed. Who Bruce trained with is well documented. No secret masters. I trained with 2 personal friends of Bruce. Neither mentioned secret family anything. Neither did Bruce. Anyone can google his background. Ip Man is well known. Gene LaBell is where Bruce got his grappling. Several Karate instructors were good friends of his where he learned to add serious power to his kicks including Ed Parker and Chuck Norris with TKD and Tang Soo Do. Arnis and Escrima were exchanged by his friend Dan Inosanto. And many others. He took what worked on him and discarded the rest. Kind of like what most will choose to do with dragons story. Besides a cool story there’s nothing to collaborate your fantastical story. Was he involved with Bruce? Yes. Was he a martial artist? Yes. Was my Grandfather buds with Bruce Lee and a martial artist? Yes. So now I’ve got everything I need to prove that my Grandfather was the actual secret teacher of Bruce. Let’s just take Bruce at his word.
Glad to see you're back. Have you started making custom knives again?

Curious what your favorite fighting style or martial art is? Do you favor Chinese, Korean, Japanese or Israeli style, MMA, etc?

I do realize there are many many more than listed, but these I figured where the most common. If you have experience with one not listed please share it, and let us know your experiences.
Kali, and the reason why is simple. I have practiced jujitsu, kickboxing, and Kali. Kali is by far the deadliest. This is because from day one they put a knife or stick in your hands and begin teaching you to use it to kill. The knife side is especially deadly. As my old instructor put it, “if they are trained to box and you’re trained to stab, you will be the one to walk away when in combat and your rifle isn’t available.” For me my kickboxing and jujitsu exist to help me create space and get to weapons, be that bladed or otherwise.

being tall and big always was my defence, I've had people cross the street to avoid me, even had one person try to throw themselves through a shop glass window to avoid me.
and I've sorted out a few bullies in my time just by standing up to them.

Last edited:
being tall and big always was my defence, I've had people cross the street to avoid me, even had one person try to throw themselves through a shop glass window to avoid me and I was minding my own business.
and I've sorted out a few bullies in my time just by standing up to them.

We have a friend who is 6'6" tall and about 250 lbs. of muscle. He has been asked to leave taverns after walking in...didn't do anything, didn't even get a chance to order a drink. He just made the bouncers nervous.

Sometimes it is not your size that is your protection, it is the way you carry yourself. I have been told by a lot of my male friends that at 5'4" and 108 lbs, I am intimidating. Women tend to steer clear of me unless they are equally confident. 😒

I have a friend Helen who is 79 years old about 4'10" and has five black belts. She studied in Asia and competed. She can still kick butt. Don't mess with Miss Helen!

Latest posts

Back