Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Fighting style do you favor?

• Total voters
I have never taken any martial arts classes, although I now want to because my friend is a natural born ninja. He did shudokan karate as a young kid then did taekwondo after that. He has a wall of trophies. He said that the karate helped him with his form when he finally did the taekwondo and mentioned that form, as important as it is, isn't pushed as much in taekwondo as it is in karate. He did show me a few things, but I certainly need a reminder. He also gave me a set of Gracie Combatives Brazilian jiu-jitsu DVD's and, after watching a few of those videos, I believe everyone should start there. It don't matter your size, your speed or how big the other guy is, if you end up on the ground with someone, the guy that didn't practice jiu-jitsu is totally 性交ed.

And as to the above posts about "registered hands", that is total nonsense. Being good friends with a few people that have black belts, I can tell you how funny they think that is. Registering your hands is not a thing. As if common sense doesn't say enough, I can think of plenty REAL weapons that do not need to be registered. If someone tells you their hands are registered weapons, their biggest baddest weapon is their mouth!

I did know one individual (a Hell's Angel) who did something interesting.

He sat in an easy chair with a 5 gallon restaurant bucket filled with sand.

He repeatedly plunged his hand into the sand over and over again, and then substituted sand for beans for several months, and then to fine pebbles, then coarse pebbles, and then to sharp road gravel.

Before each session, he would soak his hand in water and some kind of linament (to soften the skin).

His hand looked very calloused and was covered with a network of scar tissue, but his hand was still functional.

He claimed that this enabled him to kill someone instantly with a spear hand "Nukite" style blow.

I didn't see him use it on a person (thank goodness!), but I did see him do it on a dead deer that his wife had shot while she was hunting . . . and the results were impressive (and quite gory).

The front of his hand went right through the sternum (I didn't necropsy the animal), which looked like the articulating tissue on either side of the sternum fractured clean through, the hide was ripped, and the animal's mediastinum was a mess.

He said he heard about this while he was in prison, and thought it was a good idea to practice it after he got out. He claimed that it took about 3 1/2 years of dedicated practice before he could plunge his hand into a deer's body.

I debated trying this out myself, but I work in the medical field, and I need fine motor control and senstation in my hands for when I do I.V.'s or deliver babies and so forth.

I did know one individual (a Hell's Angel) who did something interesting.

He sat in an easy chair with a 5 gallon restaurant bucket filled with sand.

He repeatedly plunged his hand into the sand over and over again, and then substituted sand for beans for several months, and then to fine pebbles, then coarse pebbles, and then to sharp road gravel.

Before each session, he would soak his hand in water and some kind of linament (to soften the skin).

His hand looked very calloused and was covered with a network of scar tissue, but his hand was still functional.

He claimed that this enabled him to kill someone instantly with a spear hand "Nukite" style blow.

I didn't see him use it on a person (thank goodness!), but I did see him do it on a dead deer that his wife had shot while she was hunting . . . and the results were impressive (and quite gory).

The front of his hand went right through the sternum (I didn't necropsy the animal), which looked like the articulating tissue on either side of the sternum fractured clean through, the hide was ripped, and the animal's mediastinum was a mess.

He said he heard about this while he was in prison, and thought it was a good idea to practice it after he got out. He claimed that it took about 3 1/2 years of dedicated practice before he could plunge his hand into a deer's body.

I debated trying this out myself, but I work in the medical field, and I need fine motor control and senstation in my hands for when I do I.V.'s or deliver babies and so forth.

That is part of the process for Iron Palm. The full process involves a series 5 strikes. Calluses, swollen knuckles, and scarring are looked upon as signs you are doing it wrong.

The linament is called Dit Da Jow, and is applied during and after the drill. It is not to soften the skin, but to stave off ligament and tendon damage.

Usually done in one month cycles, and when you are "on" cycle, you look at everything through the lens of "could I break that?"

ya, this looks like every fake martial arts scam artist video I’ve ever seen.. the guy might be legit, but all his targets are passive, and his techniques complex. Good luck with that against someone really knows what they are doing..

I am a fan of mastering both a standing and ground game. But understating most MAs are sport. Yes they can prepare you to deal and take damage, and fight, but if you live by one system, those system usually have rules….

one of my ground defense survival instructors (bad ### teams guy) tells a story about how, when he was a road deputy with backup many miles away, he was fighting with a guy on the side of the road…. Fighting for his life. He explained that the guy was a trained MMA fighter, and the deputy was losing the fight. My instructor said once he realized he was losing ground, he made a plan…. When he got the chance, he tapped out (literally tapped the guys shoulder as if giving up). The MMA fighter very briefly relaxed, and the deputy caught him off guard and unleashed hell on him, winning the fight. You see, the mma fighter was used to training with rules, and his involuntary relaxing is a training scar thatcost him the street fight.

Unless you have done some something before age 40 or 50, it’s really gonna be hard to learn a new skill.
At 50+ I was coaching a major Universities club wrestling Team. I learned a lot of new wrestling skill and techique while I was leading up to this. Had a kid win State finals and another in the National Club team Championship. Once a Year he had to make it through a practice with me, and I had coached him science 7th grade.
i Used to jump in against college kids and wipe the mats with them.

Choose your enemies wisely, and their backgrounds carefully.

That is part of the process for Iron Palm. The full process involves a series 5 strikes. Calluses, swollen knuckles, and scarring are looked upon as signs you are doing it wrong.

The linament is called Dit Da Jow, and is applied during and after the drill. It is not to soften the skin, but to stave off ligament and tendon damage.

Usually done in one month cycles, and when you are "on" cycle, you look at everything through the lens of "could I break that?"
Thank you for the clarification.

The idea was very interesting to me, but I'm a little older . . . and not only would it take me more time to become proficient in such an art, but I would be more likely to make a mistake in training . . . and to heal, if such was even possible.

I've worked in the medical field for over 30 years, and I've actually heard of Dit Da Jow, but in a different context.

I knew a Chinese basketball coach when I was in college the first time around, and he swore by Dit Da Jow for his basketball players.

I tried a small sip of it once, and it made me so violently ill that I thought I was going to heave my guts up inside-out . . . which was when I heard that it is supposed to be a topical medicine.

I have seen this stuff in the 1960s. It stinks and is brown. It is made with virgin's piss so you have to first find a virgin. The teacher I had used his daughter's piss. There was in more modern times a guy from Hong Kong who bypassed the sand, etc., and simply hit an iron block each day. Over time, he hit harder and harder. No doubt his metacarpal bone density increased beyond reason. It was said he could just tap an opponent and they would go down. It was like being hit with a piece of iron. I think this is all really just a gimmick and not really all that practical. Kinda like the Dim Mock "death touch". It may be real but impractical.

Thank you for the clarification.

The idea was very interesting to me, but I'm a little older . . . and not only would it take me more time to become proficient in such an art, but I would be more likely to make a mistake in training . . . and to heal, if such was even possible.

I've worked in the medical field for over 30 years, and I've actually heard of Dit Da Jow, but in a different context.

I knew a Chinese basketball coach when I was in college the first time around, and he swore by Dit Da Jow for his basketball players.

I tried a small sip of it once, and it made me so violently ill that I thought I was going to heave my guts up inside-out . . . which was when I heard that it is supposed to be a topical medicine.

Yeah, it's used for a lot of things. Deep bruising, recovery of joint injuries, etc. The best stuff is homemade, but there are commercial versions out there.

Definitely don't want to drink it 🤣

Iron Palm is just a drill that enhances striking. It's not an art in and of itself. Generally, you won't find too many people teaching it, let alone to newer practitioners. One guy I talked to likened doing so to giving nukes to three-year olds.

Practitioners of Chinese medicine will tell you training certain strikes using it will cause vision issues, and having sex while on-cycle can cause major kidney problems. Not sure about any of that, nor the "why" behind it.

I have seen this stuff in the 1960s. It stinks and is brown. It is made with virgin's piss so you have to first find a virgin. The teacher I had used his daughter's piss. There was in more modern times a guy from Hong Kong who bypassed the sand, etc., and simply hit an iron block each day. Over time, he hit harder and harder. No doubt his metacarpal bone density increased beyond reason. It was said he could just tap an opponent and they would go down. It was like being hit with a piece of iron. I think this is all really just a gimmick and not really all that practical. Kinda like the Dim Mock "death touch". It may be real but impractical.

I've never seen a recipe using piss, nor have I ever heard of one. Every recipe I have seen uses rice wine as a base, with vodka being listed as a substitute. What herbs, how you prepare them, and how long the mixture has to steep differ fairly dramatically. All of them get better with age, and all of them stink.

I used to buy my herbs in China town, and had a few different recipes at one time. All but one recipe got eye rolls from most of the herbalists. One recipe invariably led to interviews as to why I wanted it.

I don't buy into chi, and am not into dim mak or any of the more mystical beliefs. I will say unequivocally that I hit much harder after three full cycles, as did the other guys at our school who did the drill. We had several MMA guys come in specifically to try to learn the drill, including a very well known UFC fighter. I don't put myself on their level as a fighter. I will say none of them enjoyed getting hit by me. I don't know why it works, but even being a crazy cynic, I have to admit it does work for what it is designed to do.

The traditional drill uses bags filled with various media - split peas, sand, gravel, iron filings. Once you stop feeling soreness after a session using one, you move to using the next. Then you just use a large flat stone as a final step.

I've never seen a recipe using piss, nor have I ever heard of one. Every recipe I have seen uses rice wine as a base, with vodka being listed as a substitute. What herbs, how you prepare them, and how long the mixture has to steep differ fairly dramatically. All of them get better with age, and all of them stink.

I used to buy my herbs in China town, and had a few different recipes at one time. All but one recipe got eye rolls from most of the herbalists. One recipe invariably led to interviews as to why I wanted it.

I don't buy into chi, and am not into dim mak or any of the more mystical beliefs. I will say unequivocally that I hit much harder after three full cycles, as did the other guys at our school who did the drill. We had several MMA guys come in specifically to try to learn the drill, including a very well known UFC fighter. I don't put myself on their level as a fighter. I will say none of them enjoyed getting hit by me. I don't know why it works, but even being a crazy cynic, I have to admit it does work for what it is designed to do.

The traditional drill uses bags filled with various media - split peas, sand, gravel, iron filings. Once you stop feeling soreness after a session using one, you move to using the next. Then you just use a large flat stone as a final step.

I saw a pickle jar sized supply of this once. It just sat in the corner of the school for awhile. Besides virgin's piss there were rusty nails in the bottom of the jar that is all I remember. There were probably other ingredients but since I am not a Traditional Chinese Herbalist any description of them would have been a waste of time for an 17 year old.

You cannot resolve Traditional Chinese Medicine or empirical results/experiences of Chinese Martial Arts with Western systems. Once you cross the doorway into the school, you just have to leave Western ideas outside. You know what you experience. Their system is like a spiral stairway. You know what you have climbed to get to where you are and you can see a couple steps ahead of you, but that is all. So, you can see who is better than you in terms of CMA and who is worse but you cannot understand what someone is doing several steps above you. And you shouldn't try to imitate. The Chinese always say imitation without understanding is the downfall of many Chinese students. This is lacking in Western students who don't see this displayed in front of them as children.

Curious what your favorite fighting style or martial art is? Do you favor Chinese, Korean, Japanese or Israeli style, MMA, etc?

I do realize there are many many more than listed, but these I figured where the most common. If you have experience with one not listed please share it, and let us know your experiences.
Hey Clyde my fighting style is Smith & Wesson, if I have Insulted you I apologize, but I don't have time to play games. God Bless you and your family.

I saw a pickle jar sized supply of this once. It just sat in the corner of the school for awhile. Besides virgin's piss there were rusty nails in the bottom of the jar that is all I remember. There were probably other ingredients but since I am not a Traditional Chinese Herbalist any description of them would have been a waste of time for an 17 year old.

You cannot resolve Traditional Chinese Medicine or empirical results/experiences of Chinese Martial Arts with Western systems. Once you cross the doorway into the school, you just have to leave Western ideas outside. You know what you experience. Their system is like a spiral stairway. You know what you have climbed to get to where you are and you can see a couple steps ahead of you, but that is all. So, you can see who is better than you in terms of CMA and who is worse but you cannot understand what someone is doing several steps above you. And you shouldn't try to imitate. The Chinese always say imitation without understanding is the downfall of many Chinese students. This is lacking in Western students who don't see this displayed in front of them as children.
Thanks for the great information.

My main teacher, Mr. Yueng, in Seattle, taught me a very high power 4000 year old holistic chi kung (qigong) for warriors, but not kung fu. However, he was also Bruce Lee's uncle and primary kung fu teacher. I never was interested in fighting or martial arts, but when I saw how some of his students were practicing, what they were doing was so amazing that I became interested simply from a scientific standpoint. Since Bruce and I have the same main teacher he is officially my kung fu brother. Mr. Yueng kept a low profile and is what you would call lone of the 'hidden' masters.

I studied under some of my teachers other students, who were better than Bruce. The reason is that Bruce's main interest was in acrobatics and looking good for the movies, which required long drawn out fights. The other students were with my teacher for a lot longer, and their focus was on ending a fight in one second, while causing a great deal of damage. This art came from a sect of anti government assassins that was hidden within the Red Boat Opera, and the art they practiced was Red Boat Wing Chun, the originator of the other kinds of Wing Chun, and more internal and softer.

My teacher said that if a fight lasts longer than one second then you are doing it wrong. I wrote a book about Mr. Yueng and Bruce, and the amazing things I experienced while I was involved in this little secret family of warriors.

i'm thinking of making a video explaining the difference between the sporting competition arts and the deadly assassin or dirty street fighting arts. The methods we employ are kind of secret, because they rely on a lot of 'tricks' designed to take advantage of the instincts of 'regular' marital artists and fighters.

Curious what your favorite fighting style or martial art is? Do you favor Chinese, Korean, Japanese or Israeli style, MMA, etc?

I do realize there are many many more than listed, but these I figured where the most common. If you have experience with one not listed please share it, and let us know your experiences.
12 gaige pump

My main teacher, Mr. Yueng, in Seattle, taught me a very high power 4000 year old holistic chi kung (qigong) for warriors, but not kung fu. However, he was also Bruce Lee's uncle and primary kung fu teacher. I never was interested in fighting or martial arts, but when I saw how some of his students were practicing, what they were doing was so amazing that I became interested simply from a scientific standpoint. Since Bruce and I have the same main teacher he is officially my kung fu brother. Mr. Yueng kept a low profile and is what you would call lone of the 'hidden' masters.

I studied under some of my teachers other students, who were better than Bruce. The reason is that Bruce's main interest was in acrobatics and looking good for the movies, which required long drawn out fights. The other students were with my teacher for a lot longer, and their focus was on ending a fight in one second, while causing a great deal of damage. This art came from a sect of anti government assassins that was hidden within the Red Boat Opera, and the art they practiced was Red Boat Wing Chun, the originator of the other kinds of Wing Chun, and more internal and softer.

My teacher said that if a fight lasts longer than one second then you are doing it wrong. I wrote a book about Mr. Yueng and Bruce, and the amazing things I experienced while I was involved in this little secret family of warriors.

i'm thinking of making a video explaining the difference between the sporting competition arts and the deadly assassin or dirty street fighting arts. The methods we employ are kind of secret, because they rely on a lot of 'tricks' designed to take advantage of the instincts of 'regular' marital artists and fighters.
Bruce died nearly 50 years ago,,,, I think your entire comment is fiction

1663779141359.png

I can see I landed in the realm of ignorant smart asses who wish to remain ignorant. If anyone is open minded and curious they can learn more in the book "A Lineage of Dragons".

Latest posts

Back