Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Fighting style do you favor?

• Total voters

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Reaction score
Curious what your favorite fighting style or martial art is? Do you favor Chinese, Korean, Japanese or Israeli style, MMA, etc?

I do realize there are many many more than listed, but these I figured where the most common. If you have experience with one not listed please share it, and let us know your experiences.

Curious what your favorite fighting style or martial art is? Do you favor Chinese, Korean, Japanese or Israeli style, MMA, etc?

I do realize there are many many more than listed, but these I figured where the most common. If you have experience with one not listed please share it, and let us know your experiences.

my favorite ambush with a baseball bat,,,,the A-HOLE never knows what hit him

I would have to say MMA . When much younger I would end up in a fist fight often . Of course a fist fight doesn't follow many rules or plans its just whatever it takes to win .
I was a boxing fan at one time . I would often say I could go a couple round with the Champ . Maybe even land a few on Them . Ali , Frazier , Sugar Ray .
But then I watched a Tyson Fight . Quickly realized that Nobody could last in the ring with Him ( In the early days of His career) .
These days I will fight if I had to . May even enjoy it . But may well use a equalizer .

Last edited:
My favorite fighting style is evasion. If I can slip away from a situation unnoticed then I’m way ahead of the game. I will always avoid confrontation if possible. If it isn’t possible then I want to disable the person as quickly as possible with any means available. There is no such thing as a fair fight in the real world. Sporting events may have rules, I do not....

Problem with Shaolin Kung Fu is you have to be a Shaolin Monk for 30 years to really learn it.

But hot damn, those guys do some unbelievable stuff.
I agree. I have trained in the Shaolin style for 10 years and had the opportunity to go to Dangfong, China and train with the monks, being there made me realize that compared to the monks I will always suck!

Gendai (Newer) Japanese JuJutsu is king In my opinion. Things like Danzan Ryu and AikiOkami Ryu or Hikari Ryu are hard to beat. They were the first forms of MMA since they allowed and encouraged cross training in other arts and even had yearly gatherings to add potential new techniques to their knowledge base. They incorporate Wing Chun and Escrima/Kali or kenpo into their standard training but they also teach time tested throws and disarms that have saved my life time and time again.
Not to mention they have knife, gun and machete handling in their curriculum.

Last edited:
Gendai (Newer) Japanese JuJutsu is king In my opinion. Things like Danzan Ryu and AikiOkami Ryu or Hikari Ryu are hard to beat. They were the first forms of MMA since they allowed and encouraged cross training in other arts and even had yearly gatherings to add potential new techniques to their knowledge base. They incorporate Wing Chun and Escrima/Kali or kenpo into their standard training but they also teach time tested throws and disarms that have saved my life time and time again.
Not to mention they have knife, gun and machete handling in their curriculum.

Sounds like a Martial Art that recognizes the need to have a complete game, including gun training. Punches, kicks and the grab arts are very important, close up but a bit lacking at say 100 yards. I wish I was young enough to try it out. Now I am only good at the Ma Bell approach, "Reach out and touch somebody long distance".

My fighting style is to avoid confrontation at all costs. When that fails hit them with everything you can, hard and fast, using any and every advantage you can. Then move on quickly and blend in with the gray man philosophy. I’ve always thought using your head to avoid confrontation was worth more than fighting skills. Smith and Wesson also help too.

Latest posts

Back