Your Experiences and Stories

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are correct, we dodge turkey and deer on the two days per week I have to take my son to school. It's a g as me to us.

for me it was a slow start,firts you keep noticing all the addicts when you work and police don't give a damn about them.
then the news around me got worse and worse,my big eastern neighbor got very active,different terro's even more so. so as to get a permit here you need to be a hunter,which led me to get that hunting permit and then tools for that.
at that time they showed that tv-show here;doomsday preppers and despite some of those in the show didn't have all the marbles left,I felt preppeing made sense.
as I went back to school and I knew it would be hard finacially,I slowly started to gather food stuff and other,so that I would have if I hit a snag of some sorts.

one night I was surfing the net and I found this forum,there are Finish forums too,but it seems to be somekind of a joke to them,would love to read that forum now,when we are being slowly swampped by muslim invaders here,is it still;nothing bad can happen here...
I took my time and joined this club and since then I've gotten info here and I'm trying to give back too,have an idea about a vid for first-aid,but need to do some planning first ( my school where I go teaches this kinda stuff, I'm a soon to be ready paramedic).
one big thing for me to go back to school and learn was this prepping mentality,I don't wanna be that idiot who stands with their hands in the pockets and don't know what to do.
have a garden of my own,some years good,other bad,that's what farming propably is ;)

some might know that we have a conscrpit army here,so yes been there,done that,came out as a corporal,mortar comp ( light 81mm/heavy 120mm ) as a squad leader and I can use some of what I learned in my preps.

right now I really don't what will happen here,though the threat level is some where between yellow and orange now,have permanetly my protective vest ready for wear,a few mags loaded as I have a "refugee center" 2 klicks west of me..and the closest soft target 1 klick away (water plant)

for me it was a slow start,firts you keep noticing all the addicts when you work and police don't give a damn about them.
then the news around me got worse and worse,my big eastern neighbor got very active,different terro's even more so. so as to get a permit here you need to be a hunter,which led me to get that hunting permit and then tools for that.
at that time they showed that tv-show here;doomsday preppers and despite some of those in the show didn't have all the marbles left,I felt preppeing made sense.
as I went back to school and I knew it would be hard finacially,I slowly started to gather food stuff and other,so that I would have if I hit a snag of some sorts.

one night I was surfing the net and I found this forum,there are Finish forums too,but it seems to be somekind of a joke to them,would love to read that forum now,when we are being slowly swampped by muslim invaders here,is it still;nothing bad can happen here...
I took my time and joined this club and since then I've gotten info here and I'm trying to give back too,have an idea about a vid for first-aid,but need to do some planning first ( my school where I go teaches this kinda stuff, I'm a soon to be ready paramedic).
one big thing for me to go back to school and learn was this prepping mentality,I don't wanna be that idiot who stands with their hands in the pockets and don't know what to do.
have a garden of my own,some years good,other bad,that's what farming propably is ;)

some might know that we have a conscrpit army here,so yes been there,done that,came out as a corporal,mortar comp ( light 81mm/heavy 120mm ) as a squad leader and I can use some of what I learned in my preps.

right now I really don't what will happen here,though the threat level is some where between yellow and orange now,have permanetly my protective vest ready for wear,a few mags loaded as I have a "refugee center" 2 klicks west of me..and the closest soft target 1 klick away (water plant)
Just learning to be a paramedic is one of the most useful, and valuable, preps you could do.

DrHenly is right, my dad was a "survivalist"- preparing for nuclear war, the big invasion, also anti government. So I grew up with the lifestyle. As the world changed, so did my mentality. No one event caused me to start preparing for the unexpected. Many events have reinforced the need to be prepared. I try to share my prep mentality, but all too often they choose to remain sheep.

I think just the idea that I want to be prepared for the unexpected has allowed me to remain calm and solve the problem, even if I don't have the proper tools. Travelling off the beaten path, war, long range hunts, minimalist camping, severe weather, these events have shaped me and will continue to do so.

In short;
My dad was part of the Civil Defense in the 50s and 60s so I always been around it, as kids/teenagers we had an underground fallout shelter remembering my mom rotating food items. In later years serving in South America and Africa one sees a great deal of survival from the local folks, seeing hungry families scrapping for food and/or shelter with the hollow eyes looking as 'no hope' easily gets planted in the mind. My influences ran deep.

we've sometimes ran out of certain foods.but thats because we failed to buy plenty of said foods.now im slowly working on getting certain foods stocked up.in which i've done with some.and this allows me stock up on other foods..

When I was a kid we always had enough; chickens, hogs, beef, garden and lots of land for hunting and roaming. I grew up hunting, fishing, trapping and riding my horse around the mountains. Prepping wasn't a fad then like it is for many people today. We were long way from town and couldn't just run to the store whenever we needed something. Things had to be repaired with whatever was on hand. It was unheard of in my family, and everyone else we knew, to ever go to a mechanic or to hire someone to do what we could do ourselves. Only a fool would spend money needlessly. I left home at 17 and headed north and never went back. I guess this independence led me to where I am today.

It truly makes it nice learning from the elders! My grandfather and his brothers included me in practically all their outings from the time I was 5 whom their family was part of the German migrants from the old country out West here that help form Hood River Oregon and Bingen Washington and with my grandmother 100% Southern Cheyenne off the reservation and my dads work the influence was deep then add the 12yrs in the service and my job history it's been a hell of experiences the type of experiences that don't exist anymore given old school way of doing things is all but dead. The whole way of thinking is totally different today and not for the best unfortunately.

Latest posts

Back