WW2 bunkers and facilities.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Ui Niall

Reaction score
In an economic collapse or communist take over, old WW2 bunkers and facilities are great initial retreat areas and a decent loot stash. With some minor repairs and upgrades and some new locks there are few locations more suited for a temporal or even long term survival. Military bunkers are perfect for a staging area for expeditions into towns or cities. Well concealed, easy to defend and extremely strong structurally. Some you may find could have miles of underground tunnel networks. I have scouted out a few great locations in my area, some with intact rain water catchments tanks, observation towers, gun nests, living quarters and so on. The picture attached is a facility designed to withstand japanese artillery assault featuring fortified AA and machine gun nests perfect for defending against any small arms attack or raid. Plus it's I find it fun to explore old disused tunnels and bunkers.

Attachments

• 20211010_181709.jpg
    20211010_181709.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 22
Bunkers are death traps against ground assaults. Bunkers are good against aerial assaults, artillery attacks and as basic storage, They are next to worthless for the coming shtf events. The ROI is very poor based on benefit provided.

I seriously would think about if bunkers are an good idea to be an "home" during an crisis. The most of my time during military services i spent in bunkers or in mountain fortresses. Based on my own experience i can tell you:
- It's cold (nice perhaps in summer - an pain in the winter)
- It's humid like hell
- Increases rheumatic deseases
- It stinks if your climatic system dosn't work properly - and helps you to go sick about mould
- You can't support such an system not by one person only
- The psoitions of existing abandoned or derelict bunkers are well known by the own citizens, gouvernment in same way as by enemies.

OK, an bunker during an bomb attack is an protectiom, agree....

Bunker sind jedoch sehr gut, um Internet- und FB-Junkies abzuwehren, die Bunker hassen, weil sie dort keinen Mobilfunkempfang haben.
Schlecht für sie, gut für mich, sie sind die ersten, die sterben, wenn das WWW nicht mehr funktioniert.
ABER Bunker sind teuer zu betreiben, es sei denn, Sie haben einen in trockenem Gestein, nasse Bunker sind extrem schlecht.
Sicher, wenn ich einen Bunker finde, versuche ich, ihn vielleicht zu benutzen, wenn möglich, auch wenn die Dinge im Winter kalt sind, haben Sie es immer noch trocken und die Temperaturen sollten nicht so niedrig fallen wie draußen, wenn die Zugänge manchmal schließen oder isolieren können.

P1040744.JPG P1040721.JPG P1040671.JPG P1040724.JPG

Last edited:
Bunkers are death traps against ground assaults. Bunkers are good against aerial assaults, artillery attacks and as basic storage, They are next to worthless for the coming shtf events. The ROI is very poor based on benefit provided.
Yes true, but for context, the image I provided is not a good example of a defendable location against a ground assult. Some locations I've found feature bunkers, but also feature structures and positions that would make perfect resistance against a ground attack, lookout towers, plenty of cover and concealment, crossfire positions/kill zones ect. It depends on the layout and structures. That's why it pays to do a bit of exploration, research and observation before committing to a disused military facility as a base or loot stash.

I seriously would think about if bunkers are an good idea to be an "home" during an crisis. The most of my time during military services i spent in bunkers or in mountain fortresses. Based on my own experience i can tell you:
- It's cold (nice perhaps in summer - an pain in the winter)
- It's humid like hell
- Increases rheumatic deseases
- It stinks if your climatic system dosn't work properly - and helps you to go sick about mould
- You can't support such an system not by one person only
- The psoitions of existing abandoned or derelict bunkers are well known by the own citizens, gouvernment in same way as by enemies.

OK, an bunker during an bomb attack is an protectiom, agree....
Thank you for sharing your first hand experience. This is noted.

Latest posts

Back