Helpful Info. Wuhan Coronavirus - Protect Yourself

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Reaction score
I found the following on CNN.com..... I generally do NOT trust anything from CNN but this seemed legitimate. Most is pretty much common sense.

What you can do yourself
Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness, such as coughing and sneezing, the World Health Organization says.
Other symptoms of this coronavirus include fever and shortness of breath. Severe cases can lead to pneumonia, kidney failure and even death.
Scientists believe this coronavirus started in another animal and then spread to humans. So health officials recommend cooking meat and eggs thoroughly.
Anyone with underlying medical conditions should avoid live animal markets and raw meats altogether, since those people are "considered at higher risk of severe disease," the World Health Organization says.
But in general, the public should do "what you do every cold and flu season," said Dr. John Wiesman, the health secretary in Washington state -- where the first US case of Wuhan coronavirus was confirmed.
That includes washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
If you're the one feeling sick, cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze, and disinfect the objects and surfaces you touch.
If you or your doctor suspect you might have the Wuhan coronavirus, the CDC advises wearing a surgical mask.

My elderly parents have decided to go on a 20day cruise from New Orleans to Las Angeles through the Panama canal, stopping at several ports. I told them, now might not be the best time. Then they ask me what I think they should bring and do to keep safe. I said cancel and go at a better time. They still going this weekend.

Rellgar,

Give them an extensive list, starting with simple/obvious and working up from there. Maybe the list will be sufficient to stop them. Boxes of Nitrile gloves, several N95 masks, sanitizers, the HIV+flu drugs that worked in (?) Thailand. Full-body Tyvek suits. Survival food they can eat in their room. Sat phone. Anti-viral cleaners. With 3 cruise ships stranded, it'd be foolish to go on one now. Very foolish/risky.

Rellgar,

Give them an extensive list, starting with simple/obvious and working up from there. Maybe the list will be sufficient to stop them. Boxes of Nitrile gloves, several N95 masks, sanitizers, the HIV+flu drugs that worked in (?) Thailand. Full-body Tyvek suits. Survival food they can eat in their room. Sat phone. Anti-viral cleaners. With 3 cruise ships stranded, it'd be foolish to go on one now. Very foolish/risky.
On this point, we may disagree.

If elderly people want to do things for fun . . . then f----k corona virus.

No offense, but if they're really old, then this may be their last time to be able to do something like this together.

No offense intended. I was just speaking from a different perspective, and intend no disrespect.

On this point, we may disagree.

If elderly people want to do things for fun . . . then f----k corona virus.

No offense, but if they're really old, then this may be their last time to be able to do something like this together.

No offense intended. I was just speaking from a different perspective, and intend no disrespect.

There not real old, still in there 70s and could go next year. There taking N95 respirator masks and gloves, disinfectant. Etc..

I agree that treating this just like the regular flu virus is appropriate and in all reality Is the best we can do at this time. Your odds of dying from the flu are higher than this so keep it in context. And just as with the flu, avoid large crowds, wash hands, avoid people that are coughing, etc. If anyone here is unlucky enough to get it, lots of fluids, rest and minimal contact with others until the fever is gone. This thing obviously is pretty easy to catch, but it’s not an automatic death sentence luckily.

Latest posts

Back