Would miniature bug out bags be practical to have?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tewen1226

Reaction score
Right now, I have a decent sized backpack as a bug out bag. Not too big, but can also fit a bunch of stuff.

I was thinking about maybe buying some smaller and cheaper backpacks (Like one a student would take to school), and designating each bag with a certain contents, and someone in your group would carry a bag

Like one bag has ammunition

Another has tools

And keep the essential supplies (Food, water, and first aid) in the big bag

So not one person is carrying everything, and you can keep more food and water than you normally would

I say split it evenly across all packs. That way you don't loose all of one thing.

plus having food,first aid supplies and other things in each bag can be a added plus. on account,you never know when one of you might get separated from the others.by choice or no choice.

I say split it evenly across all packs. That way you don't loose all of one thing.

Yep. Definitely.

Plus, here's the other bonus. Let's say your group is targeted and pursued by a looter.

Just drop one of the bags. He'll stop pursuit, because he's already getting what he's after.

If you're devious like me, you may carry poisoned foodstuffs as a just reward for such folks, but that's kind of optional. Shoot

Actually though, I do keep a "mini" bug out bag in the car (in addition to my actual one). Typically, it has more life emergency stuff in it, but this includes many typical BOB items as well. My main GHB is only in the truck when I'm driving more than 10 miles away (like every day to work). If just a local trip, typically I just rely on the mini one being in the truck (as well as the truck emergency kit). Mostly, because it's too big to fit with all 5 of us in the truck!

If it's not raining though, I'll typically put it in the back of the truck (then just put it in the cab when we get to our destination).

Latest posts

Back