Worst Places for a Prepper

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frechanko

Reaction score
I like many others have my eyes opened because of that NAT GEO show , and even though they are getting kinda repetitive i am aware that i should be start prepping but ..

I live in Hong Kong !! NO SPACE , No weapons allowed, not even hunting knive,Not a lot of escape route and highly populated ..

Help !!!

I would stock water and food, as much as possible , some is better than none. I would get a water filter, and start putting together some kind of bug out bag. " That's just my two cents " There is a lot of good help here!! Also i can help you out in the gear department if you need it.

I like many others have my eyes opened because of that NAT GEO show , and even though they are getting kinda repetitive i am aware that i should be start prepping but ..

I live in Hong Kong !! NO SPACE , No weapons allowed, not even hunting knife, Not a lot of escape route and highly populated ..

Help !!!
I agree with Colt 1911.
You need to make sure the food and water aspect is handled.
I would also take this time to see what you can do regarding escape routes. You may want to see how you can go using smaller roads to avoid the heavily congested highway/freeway.
water will be your most valuable asset so stock up on it!
What is the largest knife you can legally own? What ever it is get a couple. Something is always better than nothing.

I hope this helps get you started.

What about multi tools ? can you have a multi tool that has a knife blade ? There are some nice " OHO " one hand open multi tools.
images
Leatherman-Skeletool-e1337312008164-290x290.jpg

What about multi tools ? can you have a multi tool that has a knife blade ? There are some nice " OHO " one hand open multi tools.
images
Thankfully here we do not have the same laws, except in places like new york city, chicago, etc.
However, if obama wins a 2nd term her will do all he can to destroy the 2nd amendment.
Vote Yes on Prop 32
Vote No on Prop 30

Welcome freechanko!

by all means follow your local laws, however, everything in your house is a weapon. you can make knifes out of just about anything these days, heck watch some prison shows, they'll pritty much teach you how to make "shanks". also, im sure its not illegal to cook in Hong Kong, therefore you more than likely also have kitchen knives as well. you can also purchase baseball bats etc etc. imagine this as well my friend, if you're not allowed to have it, neither are the people around you. therefore if shit hits the fan, it may be easier for you to make your escape without people shooting at you.

yes i agree make best with what you have food water make that first task.there are mountains there go on hikes find places for bug out spots.can you buy a shovel go old school.dig a hole place some supplies you always can make a way out.dont hold yourself back.yep baseball bat with a ginsu knife taped to it or buy a sword wide verity there.so many household items can be used to start a bob(bug out bag)you can do it

one more thing there has got to be a walmart there right there is one every where lol do some shoping

yes i agree make best with what you have food water make that first task.there are mountains there go on hikes find places for bug out spots.can you buy a shovel go old school.dig a hole place some supplies you always can make a way out.dont hold yourself back.yep baseball bat with a ginsu knife taped to it or buy a sword wide verity there.so many household items can be used to start a bob(bug out bag)you can do it
4 inch pvc pipe with caps makes pretty good stash tubes for food , supplies, you can bury these and feel some what secure that animals are not going to get into it. Just an idea.

4 inch pvc pipe with caps makes pretty good stash tubes for food , supplies, you can bury these and feel some what secure that animals are not going to get into it. Just an idea.
thats a great idea or take it a little further 5 gallon buckets with lids
Kick ### ideas!
I just have to chisel past all the cement around here so i can bury it!

I live in Hong Kong !! NO SPACE , No weapons allowed, not even hunting knive,Not a lot of escape route and highly populated ..

Help !!!

I live in Hong Kong too!
1)I have a few ideas If ur at home when it happens grab the biggest knife u can find
2)Go to the nearest Toys'r us and find hard solid weapons e.g baseball bat & golf club
3)Get to the nearest police station, as the police station will and most likely have weapons
4)After u got the weapons go find some food,water and shelter (There is more likely to be a shelter some where in the new territories as it is more isolated)
5)Try and find a radio of some sort to keep updated on the current situations.

Note: If it happens outside of home, do the same but if something is chasing u (myth busters zombie special, u can most likely out run it.
But if someone is shooting u (highly unlikely) or chasing u well try and run and if there is a corner hide behind it when he/she turns their head hit em hard and they'll probably be knocked out.

howdy from a texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed...

A Warm Welcome from the Islands of the Philippines!

I know of Preppers from Taiwan and Singapore and they have similar tight conditions as you.

As they say in Nike: Just Do It! :)

Best advice is relocate. Lets face it, if the SHTF, your chance of survival in pretty much any scenario is going to be pretty slim in a major metropolitan city. And if you do survive, you're either going to be a victim or a thug. There won't be any in-between. At least not after a week or so post SHTF.

If it's really not an option prior, then you need to arm up (somehow) and be prepared to leave the city as soon as possible (water is likely the best route for you), if the SHTF. The first wave of people to get out will have the best chance, so that's where you want to be. Just look at any historical case of a local SHTF event or disaster, and you'll see it every time.

A very warm welcome and I hope things have been going well for you. As to the prepping any and all of the above ideas along with those on looking over the site will point you in the right direction.

Just putting forth the effort and doing is the start. If you have others to look out for and can have them on board that is great. Keeping all you do a quiet thing. If you have others but can't have them share for security reasons or whatever you can still have preps for them. Get their BOB's ready for each...if u have children think of things needed in those bags and so forth for the rest of the family. Keep stashing, hiding and planning and that is it in a nutshell.

Latest posts

Back