Worlds best pie!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
6C6CA739-CE6F-4EFD-A96A-D94D9BD11B44.jpeg
i made my first pie a couple years back now. I have always been a decent cook, but not anything to do with baking or sweets. Anyways, after some really good experiments and some that were just ok, I finally hit on the best tasting thing I’ve ever made! And it’s supper easy too.
Start with a Walmart pre made pie crust. Yes you can make your own, but it’s a pain and makes a big mess. I have done both and can’t taste a difference in them anyways.
Get a large can of cherry pie filling.
I added about a cup and a half of blueberries from my bushes, but they were frozen from last year so frozen ones from the store will be just as good.
And that’s about it. Put the bottom crust in a glass dish, pour in the cherries, sprinkle the blueberries on top of the cherries (defrosted of course), put on the top crust, make four slits and bake. It was truly the quickest and best pie I’ve ever made.

View attachment 8707 i made my first pie a couple years back now. I have always been a decent cook, but not anything to do with baking or sweets. Anyways, after some really good experiments and some that were just ok, I finally hit on the best tasting thing I’ve ever made! And it’s supper easy too.
Start with a Walmart pre made pie crust. Yes you can make your own, but it’s a pain and makes a big mess. I have done both and can’t taste a difference in them anyways.
Get a large can of cherry pie filling.
I added about a cup and a half of blueberries from my bushes, but they were frozen from last year so frozen ones from the store will be just as good.
And that’s about it. Put the bottom crust in a glass dish, pour in the cherries, sprinkle the blueberries on top of the cherries (defrosted of course), put on the top crust, make four slits and bake. It was truly the quickest and best pie I’ve ever made.
Do I really have to go to Walmart to get the pie crust? Just kidding. It sounds great. How long does it need to bake, and what temp? I've never baked anything in my life, so I guess it's time to start.

Do I really have to go to Walmart to get the pie crust? Just kidding. It sounds great. How long does it need to bake, and what temp? I've never baked anything in my life, so I guess it's time to start.
Nope, it’s got to be Walmart! Lol. As far as baking time, that depends a lot on your oven. If you have convection it cooks faster, and even conventional ovens vary some. Try cooking it at 350for thirty mins and then check it every five mins until the crust looks done. All you’re really doing is cooking the crust anyways. I guess the Berry’s simmer in there and meld the flavors together some too though. All I do know is the flavor of the two berries together is by far the best pie I’ve made so far, and by far the easiest!

Looks great, I love Cherries, my son hates them. I don't often make a Cherry pie.:(

Latest posts

Back