Wood stove chimney

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES!!! those are the problem. The gasses get cooled too much and the chimney acts like a condenser with barely enough updraft to get the smoke out.
Sorry to unearth an old thread to piggyback, but blame it on me being a noob. šŸ˜

Do you have the same opinion on both the reburn tubes and a catalytic converter EPA stove?

I'm looking to install a wood cookstove and we have been dissuaded by many and encouraged to get a propane fireplace. Neither me or my husband mind sweeping a chimney and we have wood for fuel, so propane seems silly to me. (Not saying it would be for everyone, but our circumstances would make it so, I think.)

The cookstoves we were considering has reburn tubes.

Also wondering if the chimney being insulated inside the house envelope vs outside wall makes a difference in creosote buildup.

When I built this house I bought a new EPA "approved" Kuma wood stove. I was hesitant about buying anything government approved, but didn't have time to build my own. The stove pipe goes out the back of the stove then 90 degs straight up through the chimney. This stove turned out to be the best wood stove I've ever owned. It burns hot when the draft is open, hot enough to keep the glass in the door clean. When I shut the draft down it'll burn all night. When our GSP was a puppy he would sleep under the stove to keep warm.

The EPA approved wood stove I installed in the fur shed is a another story. It's a piece of China made crap. I've had several chimney fires with it because there's no way to shut it down. It's so dangerous I can't believe they're allowed to sell it. I plan on replacing it with an American made stove as soon as possible.

Sorry to unearth an old thread to piggyback, but blame it on me being a noob. šŸ˜

Do you have the same opinion on both the reburn tubes and a catalytic converter EPA stove?

I'm looking to install a wood cookstove and we have been dissuaded by many and encouraged to get a propane fireplace. Neither me or my husband mind sweeping a chimney and we have wood for fuel, so propane seems silly to me. (Not saying it would be for everyone, but our circumstances would make it so, I think.)

The cookstoves we were considering has reburn tubes.

Also wondering if the chimney being insulated inside the house envelope vs outside wall makes a difference in creosote buildup.
Cresote buildup is a product of incomplete combustion and slow burning!

Are we talking about cookstoves or heaters?
Check out alcazar cook stoves. They even sell a water heater that is made into the flue pipe out of stainless. Their site is in Spanish but they still make a great stove.
Also , has anyone ever noticed in some old westerns, the stovepipe going up to a tee and splitting into two pipes 90 up to two 90 s and back to enter to a tee and back vertical again. The loop doubles the flow volume which slows the exit velocity by 100 percent and can therefore stay in that section of pipe longer , causing more heat transfer into the room. It cools the pipe before it exits the house. Cool huh.

Latest posts

Back