Wise Food

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigadam

Reaction score
Has anyone bought any of the food from Wise Food Storage company. If you have did you try it? I know its probably not the greatest food but when SHTF id rather have ok food over no food just in case SHTF in the middle of winter up in Mass.

Based on feedback from the others, the food is pretty good but the cost is quite a bit expensive. The 25 year storage is a major plus though.

I would stock up on canned goods since I can't can and I live in a condominium.

Others do canning methods. At least with canning, you store what you really eat.

Has anyone bought any of the food from Wise Food Storage company. If you have did you try it? I know its probably not the greatest food but when SHTF id rather have ok food over no food just in case SHTF in the middle of winter up in Mass.
i know at one time they offered up free samples through the mail . dont know if that is still the case!

I advocate store what you eat, eat what you store. The last thing you need is a drastic diet change when under stress. Learn to cook long term foods such as beans, rice, lentils, etc... It will be healthier for you and in the end less expensive.

someone else had asked the same queston.but i dont remember who..my answer is still the same.and that is.i wont buy any..here's one good example..this will last 2 grown adults 1 year or 4 grown adults or 2 grown adults and 4 small young children for 6 months if they eat only 2 servings each a day...

1440 Serving Package
Introducing our new formulation with lower sodium and trans fat. 6 month supply - 2 servings of food per day for 4 adults or 2 adults and 4 children. Also equals a 12 months supply - 2 servings per day for 2 adults. for $2,595.00

i can think of other things to spend my money on for that price.like canning supplys and the needed books and what ever so i can learn canning..pluse id be stocking up on store bought canned and dry foods dureing this time..pluse id be stocking up on other things as well..dont take me wrong..it might be a good route for you and/or someone else to take when it comes to long term foods and all..especilly if you have the money for it..there are smaller sizes.like 1 months supply for under $400..but then again,id still spend my money else where..the 1 month supply would'nt even last me a month.on acount i beleave in eating 3 meals a day when possible.and that means 3 servings a day instead of 2..

Thought id include a few other food preps i have done lately with my dehydrator . dehydrated some potatoes,bananas,and tomatoes also have a couple jars of good ol kentucky shine that can be used for antiseptic,fire starting or camp stove fuel. Just make sure when dehydrated foods that they are 100% dehydrated any moisture at all in your container will ruin it! and let cool before containing.
100_1627.JPG
100_1628.JPG
100_1629.JPG

And dont worry the jars to the left are potatoes they are not molded lol just did them last night they are seasoned.

Am curious if a dessicant can help maintain the 0% moisture level in your jars...[/yes dessicant could help but if dehydrated properly u shouldnt have any moisture . but probably wouldnt be a bad idea to throw one in them.

I've tried Wise food, I think it needed more water than I used. The issue I bring up is the meal packets are multiple meals and splitting part of the package leads to other issues. I'll stick to keeping some Mountain House single servings for what I need. Remember they take quite a bit of water to rehydrate.

I bought a couple buckets of Wise,and have filled 4 five gal buckets with Mtn hse food and tried some of each.Not the best chow,but sure not the worst either.I also have a few cases of mre s.In my opinion the best grub in desperate times is catfish,squirrels,rabbit,deer,wild hogs and garden fresh veggies.While you are stocking up dont forget salt,pepper,spices,coffee,sugar and cooking oil.

I bought a couple buckets of Wise,and have filled 4 five gal buckets with Mtn hse food and tried some of each.Not the best chow,but sure not the worst either.I also have a few cases of mre s.In my opinion t,he best grub in desperate times is catfish,squirrels,rabbit,deer,wild hogs and garden fresh veggies.While you are stocking up dont forget salt,pepper,spices,coffee,sugar and cooking oil.
and tea,tang,kool ade,powdered milk

I bought a couple buckets of Wise,and have filled 4 five gal buckets with Mtn hse food and tried some of each.Not the best chow,but sure not the worst either.I also have a few cases of mre s.In my opinion the best grub in desperate times is catfish,squirrels,rabbit,deer,wild hogs and garden fresh veggies.While you are stocking up dont forget salt,pepper,spices,coffee,sugar and cooking oil.

Just be watchful on the cooking oil. A lot of the cooking oils in the market can go rancid after a while once exposed to air. You can stock the small bottles of cooking oil so that when you open one, you are not exposing the whole lot.

I actually like the Wise and Mountain House foods, but they are prohibitively expensive. If you have the dough to spend, knock yourself out, but otherwise, there are more frugal ways to prep food.

Thought id include a few other food preps i have done lately with my dehydrator . dehydrated some potatoes,bananas,and tomatoes also have a couple jars of good ol kentucky shine that can be used for antiseptic,fire starting or camp stove fuel. Just make sure when dehydrated foods that they are 100% dehydrated any moisture at all in your container will ruin it! and let cool before containing.View attachment 1687View attachment 1688View attachment 1689
I haven't tried bananas or tomatoes yet. Deer jerky is still my favorite! I did a bunch of Apple slices with some lemon juice and cinnamon and sugar, there awesome! What did you do to the tomatoes and bananas?

I haven't tried bananas or tomatoes yet. Deer jerky is still my favorite! I did a bunch of Apple slices with some lemon juice and cinnamon and sugar, there awesome! What did you do to the tomatoes and bananas?
Just cut thin slices and dehydrate! Maybe 8th in. thick. if you have a good dehydrator with a blower takes about 6 hours.

Latest posts

Back