Wise Food

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just cut thin slices and dehydrate! Maybe 8th in. thick. if you have a good dehydrator with a blower takes about 6 hours.
Thanks for the quick reply! You don't season or preserve in any way? I've had bananna chips before and loved em, I'll try some soon. I'm going to google some other dehydrator receipies soon.

When I lived in Alaska, we used to make smoked salmon jerky...man that was good.

I tried a sample they sent me and it was pretty good for what it is. One thing I liked about it better than Mountain House is it was a lot less sodium. I bought a dehydrator about a year ago and have been working with it ever since and been pretty happy with the results. My plan is to continue to store canned foods that we already eat on a regular basis as well as continue to put up dehydrated meals and ingredients.

I have tried Wise foods, mountain house and Legacy. Of the three I've found Legacy to be the best tasting with the longest shelf life. We sometimes eat them for dinner when we don't want to do any serious cooking lol. I got mine from http://preppersite.net The owners are offering coupons to anyone who simply contacts them and asks for a discount coupon. I found that out when I messaged them to ask some questions about the product. The end price is a LOT lower than any other site I've found for long term foods. I give them a very high rating!

I have tried Wise foods, mountain house and Legacy. Of the three I've found Legacy to be the best tasting with the longest shelf life. We sometimes eat them for dinner when we don't want to do any serious cooking lol. I got mine from http://preppersite.net The owners are offering coupons to anyone who simply contacts them and asks for a discount coupon. I found that out when I messaged them to ask some questions about the product. The end price is a LOT lower than any other site I've found for long term foods. I give them a very high rating!
Appreciate the tip, hadn't heard of legacy before. I thought it would be good to try and buy a freeze drying machine, until I saw the price! 10k is an average price for a small setup. I did read that you can do it in your own freezer also, but I'm not so sure it's as safe as when done properly.

Gazrok,
how did you season it,any secret spices???

I have been wanting to try this. However the prices are way out of my range. I have a budget that I stick to, and when I see the high prices like that I freak out. However I home can, as well as dehydrate foods. To me that is better because I know what we will eat and what we wont eat.

Gazrok,
how did you season it,any secret spices???

I was a kid at the time, so not too involved other than catching the fish (ever really look at a Salmon close up? One nasty lookin' fish....). I don't think it was much more than salt and pepper, and of course, all the wood smoke.

I'd like to try smoked salmon, but I just don't like fish normally. I want to as I know it's healthy and all, but I just really don't like it! If it's batter fried and coupled with an ice cold beer and fries it's ok, but you can batter fry just about anything to make it taste good.:)

I'm not a big fan of real "fishy" tasting fish either, but I remember the smell of it smoking, and it just filled the air. It was definitely amazing. Awesome memories from living there, even the "bad" ones like fishing someone out who broke through the ice, or getting away from bears, etc. Looking back, we did some real stupid things there as kids....lol.

Has anyone bought any of the food from Wise Food Storage company. If you have did you try it? I know its probably not the greatest food but when SHTF id rather have ok food over no food just in case SHTF in the middle of winter up in Mass.
Canned food cornbeef , spam. chicken from sams club. Dollar tree soups can vegs. there all good for three year eat and rotate if longer.

Latest posts

Back