winter

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've had a lot of rain and warm temps over the last few days. And more rain and snow is predicted for the next 10 days. With the rain and temps in the mid 40's the snow is melting fast and flooding is becoming a problem. The bridge on the only road to town is close to washing out. Water is almost to the top of the bridge. I'm going to pick up a few supplies in town and then head home and work on diverting the water that's washing out my road.
Heavy snows, landslides, fires and flooding is a lot of what I prep for, not zombies or the end of the world.
Real life has enough emergencies to prep for, but zombies are just fun! Good luck on that driveway.

Real life has enough emergencies to prep for, but zombies are just fun! Good luck on that driveway.
Absolutely. Day to day life can be challenging enough. The road is too soft to use my tractor so I'm using a pick and shovel on the road.
Sometimes I think my construction crew are zombies. Not too smart and they don't move very fast.
The good thing about the snow melting is I just found where I parked my boat last Fall.

The rain turned to snow up here early this morning, but it continues to rain at the lower elevations. The river is up to the bridge and half the town is flooded. I talked to the sheriff earlier this morning and he said they were probably going to close the road. A lot of trees and logs are floating down the river and slamming aginst the bridge.
We have a creek from the snow melt flowing down the hill and running around and under our new house. There's close to 2 feet of water under the house. It's too much for the French drain to handle.
They're calling for more rain and snow for the next 10 days.

The rain turned to snow up here early this morning, but it continues to rain at the lower elevations. The river is up to the bridge and half the town is flooded. I talked to the sheriff earlier this morning and he said they were probably going to close the road. A lot of trees and logs are floating down the river and slamming aginst the bridge.
We have a creek from the snow melt flowing down the hill and running around and under our new house. There's close to 2 feet of water under the house. It's too much for the French drain to handle.
They're calling for more rain and snow for the next 10 days.
Quick, dig out the boat! Seriously, be careful.

Latest posts

Back