winter

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best way to keep horribly cold weather is to make sure Al Gore NEVER is invited to give a speech near you. Gore can bring snow to Miami in July... God is mocking that dude every single time!

I have heard it is supposed to be colder than normal winter here as well. I don’t think it’s anything to do with global warming/ climate change. It just happens sometimes. I just want it cold enough to kill some bugs off.

I haven't noticed any extra fur coats on the critters yet. We'll see I guess. Already got our wood cut and stacked with some on the back porch ready to go.
I got my bins filled with wood for the year too. Got the stove ready with new heat shields up and flue cleaned. Now if it would just stop being 90degs every day!

My main concern for winter is that my Raynaud's kicks in big time. Unless I'm lifting weights or doing serious callisthenics or , conversely, wrapped in 30 togs with a hot drink, my fingers and toes disappear without warning for anything up to 30 mins at a time, several times a day, which makes life rather awkward.

I'm looking around for some top-notch winter boots that are spacious, comfy, waterproof, windproof, grippy and good down to about -35 degC. Might never take them off!

My main concern for winter is that my Raynaud's kicks in big time. Unless I'm lifting weights or doing serious callisthenics or , conversely, wrapped in 30 togs with a hot drink, my fingers and toes disappear without warning for anything up to 30 mins at a time, several times a day, which makes life rather awkward.

I'm looking around for some top-notch winter boots that are spacious, comfy, waterproof, windproof, grippy and good down to about -35 degC. Might never take them off!
My advice, move somewhere warmer! Lol. I like seeing snow, for about three days at best, and no deeper than three inches. After it melts I like it back in the high 60’s for a few weeks, then maybe another dusting just for the beauty of it. That sounds like a good winter

My advice, move somewhere warmer! Lol. I like seeing snow, for about three days at best, and no deeper than three inches. After it melts I like it back in the high 60’s for a few weeks, then maybe another dusting just for the beauty of it. That sounds like a good winter

Haha, I'm moving somewhere that should be a bit warmer due to the gulf stream.* The plan is for those good boots and also a snug house not built on an interdimensional leyline that sucks heat away regardless of how well-insulated it is or how long the heating's been on. For the last few years, I haven't really bothered with heating, as it makes bugger all difference: livingroom 8 degC, bedroom 5 degC, and I've sat snuggled up and moving as little as possible, like a mediaeval monk!

* While it lasts, bearing in mind The Day After Tomorrow, that fabulous documentary movie ;)

Haha, I'm moving somewhere that should be a bit warmer due to the gulf stream.* The plan is for those good boots and also a snug house not built on an interdimensional leyline that sucks heat away regardless of how well-insulated it is or how long the heating's been on. For the last few years, I haven't really bothered with heating, as it makes bugger all difference: livingroom 8 degC, bedroom 5 degC, and I've sat snuggled up and moving as little as possible, like a mediaeval monk!

* While it lasts, bearing in mind The Day After Tomorrow, that fabulous documentary movie ;)
Lol. I keep my wood stove burning just about all winter, and I live in the south! I’d freeze to death pretty quickly up north....

I use a Soral (sp?) winter boot. They used to be made in Canada, not sure about now. They have leather uppers, are waterproof, have a removable felt liner and are good down to about -40+/-, with a good pair of wool socks. They are my primary winter boot. I wore a pair while working in Antarctica for a number of years.

Lol. I keep my wood stove burning just about all winter, and I live in the south! I’d freeze to death pretty quickly up north....

I dream of having a wood burner. The place I look after on Rum has a little burner in the smallish static caravan. Light that thing on a winter morning and I'm stripped down to a tee-shirt pretty soon, usually just after I've finished scraping the ice off the inside of the windows.

I use a Soral (sp?) winter boot. They used to be made in Canada, not sure about now. They have leather uppers, are waterproof, have a removable felt liner and are good down to about -40+/-, with a good pair of wool socks. They are my primary winter boot. I wore a pair while working in Antarctica for a number of years.
Sorel boots, I have those too. Toes stay nice and toasty.

Latest posts

Back