Winter weather

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robinjopo1

A True Doomsday Prepper
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
This is all it takes to cancel school in Tennessee.
20190130_072655.jpg

We had nearly 20 People call out at work for snow . I live 40 miles away and actually had enough snow to almost cover the ground and I drove in with no problem . There was no snow anywhere in their County . Most give the same answer " well you should've seen My drive way " or " I couldn't get outta My yard " .
Yea what ever still a unexcused absence .

we have snow here today, nothing like you have in the US at the moment but enough to bring traffic to a halt. one of the main roads down into Cornwall is closed and the motorway north was closed last night but is open again this morning.
general advice is if you don't have to go out then don't.

They're calling for snow starting tomorrow and every day for the next 8 days. Could total a couple of feet, maybe more here at our elevation. I need to widen the road today to make room for the new snow. My only concern is if we get a lot of wind with this storm. Last February we were snowed in for 6 days with drifts over 5 feet deep blocking the road.
Yesterday I picked up a load of diesel for the generator and tractor and extra feed for the chickens and cattle.

This is all it takes to cancel school in Tennessee.View attachment 9319

The husband and I are both Spring babies so, living in the midwest back then, we learned to drive in that stuff. The first year we moved here, there was an ice storm. Husband got up, looked outside, scraped the ice off the windshield of the Jeep and went to work.

About an hour later he was back. They had closed everything.

Latest posts

Back