wind up lights

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin tordoff

Reaction score
we have 2 wind up laterns and have used these when we have been camping 15min winding gives 6hrs of light and these are quite compact,saves on batterys

161193_5032307674115891847858.jpg

Old Wheels here, Went out today and bought a wind up torch its got three different functions 1is just a single bulb 2 is three bulbs on and the third is all three lights flashing. Cost me £5.00 which is about $3.40.

they are good but if you want a good long service life out of the batteries you need to fully discharge it, then fully recharge it each time, I.E don't recharge it until you have run it right down to 0% in a post SHTF world you wont be able to revive old rechargeable batteries by freezing them.

Any electronics gurus here who know the trick to string capacitors together and regulate the output with a diode? I know it exists and can replace small batteries but I'm more mechanically minded and lack those particular skills.

Finally they are a little noisy to charge up, then again if your planning on illuminating the darkness you probably are not worried about being seen or heard.

there's one type of camofloge netting i heard about,it keeps the light from a lantern and/or fire from being seen as well as body heat.if thats true,then some thing like that would come in real handy when it comes to not being seen when it comes to light..and those lanterns are a great idea.mainly when it comes to a normal power outage and camping out.i have one rechargable lantern that i have to recharge by pluging it into a electric outlet or car charger.but yet it wont come in to handy if the SHTF simply because i'll most n likely not have a way to recharge it.

Latest posts

Back