Will the Yellowstone supervolcano erupt in your lifetime?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"However, recent research shows the global impacts of supervolcanoes are less severe than scientists once thought, and a Yellowstone supereruption might be especially unimposing because its magma contains minimal sulfur

The huge volume of magma means there would still be some sulfur injected into the atmosphere, but work has shown that you reach a sort of limit in the amount of aerosols you can produce with sulfur gas. It means that our earlier suggestions that there would be a severe temperature change is not right

The last time Yellowstone erupted, no extinctions took place"

http://www.livescience.com/20714-yellowstone-supervolcano-eruption.html

Maverick..

Love the post..thanks so much. I am always learning something from you. So I take it the snow plows were used to grade the ash off the road? Any chance you kept the plans on how the converted the vehicles with the oil-bath filters? I'd love to see if I could duplicate one over the winter? I know a good friend of mine who was at Clark AB, Philippines when Pinatubo blew...ash was similar and they made some home-made filters from vehicles, but like your experience, they were always cleaning the filters and any of the air intake areas.

Really enjoyed the photo.

My chevy truck at the time was a 1969 (before all the emission stuff) we gone to the wrecking yard and purchased a 2 brrl oil bath filter from a older vehicle 54/55 vehicle, wrecking yards use to be full of old oil bath filters, now days, I don't think it would work unless you had and older vehicle

It may not cause an extinction around the world, but u peeps in the Americas still gotta be careful.

You too Myyrph...if memory serves me right, your not sitting on "Gods Ground" either...think you had an eruption near Indonesia a 100 years or so ago. Be careful my friend!

You too Myyrph...if memory serves me right, your not sitting on "Gods Ground" either...think you had an eruption near Indonesia a 100 years or so ago. Be careful my friend!

yeah, we're affected by volcanoes from indonesia ... we're just protected from almost everything else...

no ability to bug out, hence, working on bug in strategies, thats why researching on alternative electrical generation to charge batteries for basic usage.

sigh~ so much to do, so little time.

Well I just heard recently. That they were paving a road in Yellowstone. And they came back to finish it and the tar was bubbling. The ground was so warm. And my boss told me they just found a huge volcanic chamber directly under the chamber they knew about and its a lot larger then the previously knew about and it feeding the previous one a lot faster then anticipated.

Well I just heard recently. That they were paving a road in Yellowstone. And they came back to finish it and the tar was bubbling. The ground was so warm. And my boss told me they just found a huge volcanic chamber directly under the chamber they knew about and its a lot larger then the previously knew about and it feeding the previous one a lot faster then anticipated.
There's no doubt it is building pressure to blow, but it could be tomorrow or ten thousand years from now. A. If it blows, 2/3 of America will be gone in seconds, you probably won't feel a thing, so don't worry. B. It probably won't blow in your life time, so don't worry. C. Learn to work on the things you can control, so don't worry. :)

The asphalt has been an issue for years, this is nothing new ;) they mapped the chambers and found what was expected but not changing the science and certainly doesn't change the science regarding the dangers from Yellowstone.

Well I just heard recently. And my boss told me they just found a huge volcanic chamber directly under the chamber they knew about and its a lot larger then the previously knew about and it feeding the previous one a lot faster then anticipated.

I pulled a quote I posted earlier regarding Yellowstone..

"if it's not from YVO regarding Yellowstone volcanic activity it's a rumor plain and simple or flat out lie"
http://doomsdayprepperforums.com/index.php?threads/nuclear-war-intel-here.5905/#post-70428

Ya, the news is really trying to make something out of this, the asphalt has been a problem since day one and as I posted earlier, if it isn't from YVO observatory at Yellowstone then don't pay attention to the scare ploy by the media, practically all the so called experts the media have had on these shows don't work at YVO ;) My Wife's pager would be going crazy if a problem existed and it has been pager green at YVO consistently even when all these so-called problems were going on.

Yellowstone supervolcano could blow faster than initially thought (not what you think)

"Despite some sensationalist claims seen in the media, the supervolcano is not expected to erupt anytime soon and if it did, the events would not be catastrophic. "There's no reason to think it could impact mass transport the way the Iceland eruption did nor would it have any effect on crops," Till told Fox News. "There is no evidence to suggest it could destroy mankind."

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017...could-blow-faster-than-initially-thought.html

Can something (planet x) or nuke cause faster emergence of lava

No, that whole nuke thing was brought up by a Russian scientist suggesting the use of a nuclear warhead to neutralize a active volcano. It won’t work and possibly make it worse, nuclear warhead won’t go deep enough to make a difference except possibly block the vent cause an even larger volcanic explosion. No Planet X is moving towards the earth and if it were lava and volcanoes would be the least of your worries.

Well what is the best way to live longer then others here if planet x were to be true

Latest posts

Back