Will any food be safe?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 years ago I was looking at purchasing soy beans for our fall-back group. It was then I discovered they were
poisonous for humans to eat. Now I know that they alter it so it can be digested.

But now I understand that the body stores it as fat (most seed oils) but when the body needs quick fat it cannot withdraw it.
That is why we are so obese.
My extended family has taken Clif High's Recommendation, we have thrown out our daily use of margarine, vegetable oils and seed oils, except olive oil.

Now we are using bacon grease, Armour brand animal lard and butter to cook with.
We are trying to distance ourselves from purchase foods with seed oils in them.

Link: https://clifhigh.substack.com/p/true-fat#details

Last edited:
10 years ago I was looking at purchasing soy beans for our fall-back group. It was then I discovered they were
poisonous for humans to eat. Now I know that they alter it so it can be digested.

But now I understand that the body stores it as fat (most seed oils) but when the boy needs quick fat it cannot withdraw it.
That is why we are so obese.
My extended family has taken Clif High's Recommendation, we have thrown out our daily use of margarine, vegetable oils and seed oils, except olive oil.

Now we are using bacon grease, Armour brand animal lard and butter to cook with.
We are trying to distance ourselves from purchase foods with seed oils in them.

Link: https://clifhigh.substack.com/p/true-fat#details

I don't cook with oils (grape seed, sesame and olive excepted, mostly for flavor), butter and bacon grease only now. Hasn't affected anyone's cholesterol or weight contrary to what the experts claim.

Soy's action a phytoestrogen is extremely complex. Many countries where soy is commonly eaten actually have lower rates of hormone related cancers. Soy is a weaker phytoestrogen than our estrogen yet binds to the same receptors. Some doctors go as far as to recommend soy to block the more problematic estrogen from binding to cancerous cells. There is one molecule of soy that actually blocks a cancer pathway of growth, too.

It doesn't make sense that places where soy is heavily consumed don't have as many hormonal cancers while it is closely linked to other hormonal problems like beast growth and earlier menses here in the US. Asian countries don't seem to have those problems at the same scale, either. It is hotly debated in oncology circles. People get vicious.

I like tempeh, so I eat it some, but I would never use soybean oil or eat soy regularly, either.

There are many phytoestrogens, though. Soy is just the most studied. Red Clover is used in several herbal cancer remedies but it has phytoestrogens.

Soy's action a phytoestrogen is extremely complex. Many countries where soy is commonly eaten actually have lower rates of hormone related cancers. Soy is a weaker phytoestrogen than our estrogen yet binds to the same receptors. Some doctors go as far as to recommend soy to block the more problematic estrogen from binding to cancerous cells. There is one molecule of soy that actually blocks a cancer pathway of growth, too.

It doesn't make sense that places where soy is heavily consumed don't have as many hormonal cancers while it is closely linked to other hormonal problems like beast growth and earlier menses here in the US. Asian countries don't seem to have those problems at the same scale, either. It is hotly debated in oncology circles. People get vicious.

I like tempeh, so I eat it some, but I would never use soybean oil or eat soy regularly, either.

There are many phytoestrogens, though. Soy is just the most studied. Red Clover is used in several herbal cancer remedies but it has phytoestrogens.

So does wild yam and is actually useful in menopause.

I had a problem with hormones years ago, that caused 10+ miscarriages. None of the doctors could figure out what was wrong until I found a reproductive endocrinologist willing to listen and not just go off of what he was taught....he left no stone unturned and talked to me like an intelligent person rather than a blob. One of the first things he told me was watch soy intake; haven't touched it since and things have gotten better.

The Asian differences, could be due to differences in genetic evolution.

So does wild yam and is actually useful in menopause.

I had a problem with hormones years ago, that caused 10+ miscarriages. None of the doctors could figure out what was wrong until I found a reproductive endocrinologist willing to listen and not just go off of what he was taught....he left no stone unturned and talked to me like an intelligent person rather than a blob. One of the first things he told me was watch soy intake; haven't touched it since and things have gotten better.

The Asian differences, could be due to differences in genetic evolution.
I'm so sorry to hear that. That would be awful.

I suspect you are right. I think each individual processes certain things differently. Like dairy, I think soy is really toxic to some folks and not so much to others. I always just watch markers if I am eating different foods to see what causes problems, bit not everybody has that available to them.

Your knowledge is always very interesting for me to read. Thank you for sharing it!

I was just driving through town and flipping through my radio trying to find information on something going on. Anyway, landed on NPR and heard a brief discussion from some Croatian woman on a show called How I Built It. She was talking about how she and her partner on an animal-free dairy company called New Culture (I think?). Anyway, they are using a bio-engineered casein protein to make cheese.

Apparently now you can call it milk legally. And they are claiming "this is where the food industry is going." In other words, it will no longer be economical for people to produce true dairy eventually.

I was just driving through town and flipping through my radio trying to find information on something going on. Anyway, landed on NPR and heard a brief discussion from some Croatian woman on a show called How I Built It. She was talking about how she and her partner on an animal-free dairy company called New Culture (I think?). Anyway, they are using a bio-engineered casein protein to make cheese.

Apparently now you can call it milk legally. And they are claiming "this is where the food industry is going." In other words, it will no longer be economical for people to produce true dairy eventually.
Not likely in our lifetime, and only if we buy their crap. I think more people will buy their own milk cow, or seek out others that have a small dairy.

They may be able to produce a product, but the majority of people who have been paying attention DO NOT WANT bio-engineered foods! The governments have already made it illegal for small time farmers to sell their "true" milk. Good Lord have mercy as I put TRUE in quotations. It brings to mind so many other "true" things that are contraversial now day, even though it is by the real actual science proven. Real science is not debateable.

They may be able to produce a product, but the majority of people who have been paying attention DO NOT WANT bio-engineered foods! The governments have already made it illegal for small time farmers to sell their "true" milk. Good Lord have mercy as I put TRUE in quotations. It brings to mind so many other "true" things that are contraversial now day, even though it is by the real actual science proven. Real science is not debateable.
There are some stores in my state that carry raw (true) milk.

I have just 1 milk cow that produces 5 gallons of milk at day. I would love to be able to sell or even sell the cheese I produce, but it will not happen in my very small time world.
True, but we can trade or barter it with other people. I'm planing on making cheese some day too, along with my famous hot sauce.

Latest posts

Back