Why

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadMeat

Reaction score
I would like to know why you are prepping and spending thousands of dollars on events that will never happen? And if they do why are you qualified to survive? Is there a genetics test for this? Maybe an I.Q. test? If you do survive what future can you possibly look forward too? You survive along with your kids, you are the only ones to live. Now what? You run out of food, seeds, water, and the Earth is poisoned for 1,000 years. Now what? There is no solution. The economy collapses and you have guns and a bunker. Me and my 100 friends are launching an attack on your bunker...We are starving and will do anything. I'm sorry to say we will find a way. Now what

Hey, I'm just obeying FEMA:

http://www.ready.gov/build-a-kit

First of all we aren't talking about the end of the world. Things will stabilize after you and all your zombie friends either starve or get perforated. There are smaller scale things happening all the time that we should be prepared for. Floods, fires, tornadoes, earthquakes, hurricanes...EVER READ THE NEWS???

Second, it's not just me and my kids. It will be the whole clan at the BOV. All of whom can shoot. And I do believe there are a few other people that will be prepared too.

Third, all my seeds are non-hybrid, so things I plant can GO TO SEED and then they get replenished. When they grow, they MAKE FOOD.

Fourth, we have a 1600 ft deep flowing artesian well that will not be contaminated not matter what happens. We won't run out of water or food...ever.

Fifth, good luck finding my BOL! It is far away from any large population centers, miles from the nearest highway and VERY far away from any strategic military targets (zero probability of mushroom clouds anywhere nearby).

Finally, the more people that are prepared for disaster, the better off everyone will be. Survival IQ is a pass/fail score. Either you are prepared or you aren't.

My question is if you dont agree with what what the members here are doing WHY did you take the time to join? Why are you looking at pepper sites?
Keeping preps is far from some zombie attack preperation. It can carry you through hard times such as a job loss. It also makes sense in saving money and being frugal. Bulk buying, gardening and self storage saves me roughly 40%+ on my grocery bills each year.

We need to put a sign up, "Please Don't Feed The Trolls".

I would like to know why you are prepping and spending thousands of dollars on events that will never happen?

What will never happen? Job loss? A natural disaster that leaves you without power for weeks and stores and gas stations empty for the same? Such things happen all the time.
Most of us prep to not only be prepared for such disasters, but also to simply have a bit more comfort and security, along with more self sufficiency. And as mentioned, it can mean a huge savings to the wallet too.

And if they do why are you qualified to survive? Is there a genetics test for this? Maybe an I.Q. test?

Only the IQ it takes to be smart enough to prep for bad times. Even a squirrel stores nuts for the winter.

If you do survive what future can you possibly look forward too? You survive along with your kids, you are the only ones to live. Now what? You run out of food, seeds, water, and the Earth is poisoned for 1,000 years. Now what? There is no solution. The economy collapses and you have guns and a bunker.

Most SHTF scenarios do not involve the Earth being poisoned, or running out of everything. Even all out nuclear war (with present stockpiles) would leave many areas untouched by nuclear fallout. Do the research, and you'll see the myth for what it is.

Short-term disasters are much more likely. Is someone an idiot because they stock up for Hurricane season? Also, many preppers have a more extended group than just their family. So far, we'll have 3 different families and a couple of individuals bugging in with us, should things go south. Not an army, but a good sized defensive force.

Me and my 100 friends are launching an attack on your bunker...We are starving and will do anything. I'm sorry to say we will find a way. Now what

Wait, I thought you said we survived alone? Anyhoo....if you and your 100 friends didn't prep, then you'll likely be hard pressed to lay siege to a fortified position. Read up on castle sieges, and how many men it took to take a fortified position. Now, consider the folks inside are well-armed, well-stocked with ammo, and practiced shots, and with renewable food and water, and suddenly, your 100 friends are all collecting flies.

Of course, say it does look grim, and we scoot with some weapons and minimal supplies....(always have to have an exit strategy)..... You swoop in, start eating the food, drinking the water. We come back about a week later after the poisons do their work (that we did on the way out), and have less of you to deal with, and then just bury you all next to the ones that died in the siege. Sure, it sucks moving all the bodies to the burn pile, but eh....

Now granted, this original post is pure troll-bait, but as the above poster said, if it isn't for you, why did you join?

I would like to know why you are prepping and spending thousands of dollars on events that will never happen?
Earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, mass unemployment, recessions, depressions never happen? what fantasy world do you live in. We don't all prep for the same reasons, and I dare say we are all much more in formed about the happenings around the world.Let's start s with solar flares shall we?
  • The Carrington Event of 1859 was the first documented event of a solar flare impacting Earth. The event occurred at 11:18 a.m. EDT on Sept. 1 and is named after Richard Carrington
  • The major solar flare that erupted on Aug. 4, 1972 knocked out long-distance phone communication across some states, including Illinois, according to a NASA account.
  • In March 1989, a powerful solar flare set off a major March 13 power blackout in Canada that left six million people without electricity for nine hours.
  • The Bastille Day event takes its name from the French national holiday since it occurred the same day on July 14, 2000. This was a major solar eruption that registered an X5 on the scale of solar flares. The Bastille Day event caused some satellites to short-circuit and led to some radio blackouts.
  • On Oct. 28, 2003, the sun unleashed a whopper of a solar flare. The intense sun storm was so strong it overwhelmed the spacecraft sensor measuring it. The sensor topped out at X28, already a massive flare), but later analysis found that the flare reached a peak strength of about X45, NASA has said. The solar storm was part of a string of at least nine major flares over a two-week period.
  • When a major X-class solar flare erupted on the sun on Dec. 5, 2006, it registered a powerful X9 on the space weather scale.
    This storm from the sun "disrupted satellite-to-ground communications and Global Positioning System (GPS) navigation signals for about 10 minutes," according to a NASA description. The sun storm was so powerful it actually damaged the solar X-ray imager instrument on the GOES 13 satellite that snapped its picture, NOAA officials said.
Me and my 100 friends are launching an attack on your bunker...We are starving and will do anything. I'm sorry to say we will find a way. Now what
First off I highly doubt you have 100 friends as you seem nothing more than a keyboard rambo, second I ask that you each bring your own body bags. It will make it easier to bury you and your imaginary friends.

Wait, did you hear something, I think your mommy is calling you....

Come by my place with your friends and you might resemble your handle........................ thats o.k. I may have run out of dog food by that time.

We need to put a sign up, "Please Don't Feed The Trolls".

Trapper, Halloween is around the corner, maybe this kid is practicing "Trick or Treat"

Wait, did you hear something, I think your mommy is calling you....

Must be dinnertime... :)

Deadmeat, you and your 100 friends are welcome to visit me... We are almost out of fertilizer...

uploadfromtaptalk1380107559970.jpg

I have to say this to the TROLL, to quote my late Grandpappy, " I hate to tell you this Sonny-Jim, but those dumbasses on Facebook ain't your friends" In fact, they NEVER were. They don't give a good G*damn about you or your lack of being prepared for natural disaster etc....Its better to have them (food, water, ammo etc) and not need them, then NOT have them and need them. :p

I noticed they didn't stay around to reply to what they stirred up .

Last edited:

well deadmeat..it's so we can out last dweebs like you and your so called 100 friends..

Troll!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't bite he's fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why did you guys respond to a necro thread!!!!

He may come back...........

Last edited:
Hey, I'm just obeying FEMA:

http://www.ready.gov/build-a-kit

First of all we aren't talking about the end of the world. Things will stabilize after you and all your zombie friends either starve or get perforated. There are smaller scale things happening all the time that we should be prepared for. Floods, fires, tornadoes, earthquakes, hurricanes...EVER READ THE NEWS???

Second, it's not just me and my kids. It will be the whole clan at the BOV. All of whom can shoot. And I do believe there are a few other people that will be prepared too.

Third, all my seeds are non-hybrid, so things I plant can GO TO SEED and then they get replenished. When they grow, they MAKE FOOD.

Fourth, we have a 1600 ft deep flowing artesian well that will not be contaminated not matter what happens. We won't run out of water or food...ever.

Fifth, good luck finding my BOL! It is far away from any large population centers, miles from the nearest highway and VERY far away from any strategic military targets (zero probability of mushroom clouds anywhere nearby).

Finally, the more people that are prepared for disaster, the better off everyone will be. Survival IQ is a pass/fail score. Either you are prepared or you aren't.
Hell yea ! couldnt have said that better doc!

people dont realize even world wide happenings dont wipe out the entire population ! they think birds and reptiles just magically appeared out of thin air ? its called evolution so something had to survive to be evolved from!

cave men survived the great iceage ! otherwise we wouldnt be here either! you think they built an igloo and said thats good we will be ok ?? no! they prepped they gathered wood for fire they gathered wild etibles , they killed game and made jerky, and clothing to keep warm ! there was another species that thought the way that you do he was called cro-magnon! he didnt beleive in prepping either which is why he went extinct. in other words he was stupid! its a proven fact that non preppers have small brains !

Latest posts

Back