Why schools should open or not.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
teachers over here when we had the lock downs had to do online teaching instead, that means personal lessons not a class and it took twice as much work(stepdaughter and step gran daughter are both teachers so I know for a fact) a paid holiday IT IS NOT. they were doing 80 hour weeks and only paid for 40 or less.

Our schools took the whole time from March until September off. Then they started modified online learning. My hippie/teacher neighbor across the street was thrilled to have so much free time to smoke pot.

Not many teachers know how to do online classes right. My wife has been doing it for many years. At one time she was teaching a Chinese language class at the middle school at Fort Benning Army Base live and at the same time at Maxwell Air Force Base remotely. And long before COVID she was teaching private classes remotely with students at home. She still teaches the remote private classes. The classroom size has to be smaller than a normal classroom, but up to a certain limit it can be very effective if the teacher is trained correctly.

The problem I saw when we lived in New Mexico (from March thru July) was that the teachers were teaching mindless leftist propaganda throughout the day, and then thrown into online teaching, where perhaps some parents (or grandparents, in my case) could hear and see the junk being spewed, could see that half the time the teacher couldn't be bothered to show up for the High School class, and could hear the teachers using a solid month in online class trying to get the students to write about their feelings over the pandemic. In that state, no academics were taught during that time. Now in another state, and the academics are better, even though we are rural and in a small district. So, happy about that, for the grandkids that live with us. It is overall more difficult for kids this age to learn solely online. They aren't wired for it. And I wouldn't want them to be wired for it. Reminds me of a factory worker doing the same task every single day, with no room for mental growth, sharing of ideas. Traditions have changed, too. Little granddaughter that lives with us attends elementary school and she still goes every day, although the class size now is down to 8. So for the holidays, there was no Christmas program, no singing, no teacher gift, no secret santa exchange. These traditions are important to the students and the community. Traditions keep us human. Not this "borg like" we're all in this together garbage.

That’s just it, teachers are not trained for online lessons, it’s a totally different style. I was quite lucky because I taught Primary for 15 years before I had my daughter then switched to supply so we homeschooled during lockdown. In her school the teacher set work for the students they didn’t teach online, it would be much more difficult with the younger ones to keep their attention. A lot of the work set was relatively easy though, I had the resources so could supplement it. Most parents do not and are also trying to hold down a job at the same time. There have been no covid cases in my daughters school since she’s been back but a lot of children (bubbles) sent home in my sisters high school where she works.

Common Core Curriculum in the states sets curriculum to the children with the lowest levels. Gifted students and midline students are not encouraged to learn something new with the curriculum standards we've had since Obama has been in office. The smart parents are contributing to the online school with something that the child needs to learn.

They want to keep the kids dumb and susceptible to propaganda in their late teens years. That means holding down the development of not just the bright students but even the average normal students. This is just a different type of programing style.

"give me four years to teach the children and the seeds I have sown will never be uprooted" - Lenin

The answer to great education of course (as said many times on this forum and others) is "the money follows the child". But that is NOT the goal

A love of reading and a curiosity for the world around them is the goal parents should foster from day one. Limited screen time and as much time in nature as possible is also crucial in the world we live in now. If you put that child in any mediocre school setting they will likely do well. Education starts and ends at home, the same with discipline. There are great teachers and poor ones in every school, some teachers can put on performances for school examiners but the rest of the time do the bare minimum. This also applies to private schools.

Common Core Curriculum in the states sets curriculum to the children with the lowest levels. Gifted students and midline students are not encouraged to learn something new with the curriculum standards we've had since Obama has been in office. The smart parents are contributing to the online school with something that the child needs to learn.

Some pundits call that ‘dumbing down’ the kids...

So what happens to the kid’s learning? Do they all lose a year of education and have to repeat the school year?

To quote satan's child, "what difference does it make?". They'll just passed along, a hair dumber than the last class. They'll adjust the testing to adjust for it. Some will argue to keep the kids in school a year longer, only to justify big tax raises to pay for the extra 10% of kids in the school system.

Hoorah! The grandkids, the twins get to go in person to school two days next week, and tonight they are playing pep band at the High School for the basketball game. They've been having on line school since Thanksgiving.

Psaki Concedes That the Biden Administration Has No Current Goal on When to Open High Schools (VIDEO)

Psaki Concedes That the Biden Administration Has No Current Goal on When to Open High Schools (VIDEO)

By Cristina Laila
Published February 12, 2021 at 3:14pm
265 Comments
Share (130) TweetGab Share P Share Email

IMG_8603.jpg

Joe Biden wants to keep Americans locked down, wearing masks and living in fear forever.
White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki on Friday conceded that the Biden Administration has no current goal on when to reopen high schools.

The CDC Director has already stated that there is data to suggest schools can reopen safely.

But the Biden Administration is not listening to the CDC and is not ‘following the science.’

The Biden Admin is bowing down to toxic teachers unions and the children are suffering.

So far Biden’s goal is to have “more than 50%” of K-8 schools open by April 30.

What about the teens suffering from Covid isolation and the high school seniors who feel like they’ve been robbed because of Democrat lockdowns?

Snooty Psaki says the Biden Admin has no current plan to reopen high schools.

We have a saying in California that 90% of the K-12 teachers are either incompetent or burnt out. Saying 10% are good is a generous figure. Add to this the state's leftist agenda, non-existent standards, and requirements and what your child gets is no education at all.

We should have used C19 to find the good teachers, put them on-line, each with 1000 students and fired the remainder of teachers. Of course for many of us the best option is home school but I was only able to do that once I became self employed.

Teaching K-12 is just not rocket science. Ask any teacher for their upcoming semester's curriculum. They won't have one. Ask for the lesson plan for next week so you can make sure the homework assignments are turned in. They won't have one. It takes very little time and effort to do no planning. You can do that easily. If you want to do so, you can even purchase a whole semester's curriculum and day by day lesson plans from private home school organizations. You can teach home school just so long as you have a quiet place for your student to sit and can explain things and check in on them every few minutes. You can combine subjects, having them read about history or science and then write a paragraph or two summarizing what they read. It just is not that hard.

Latest posts

Back