Why schools should open or not.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. The big leftist buzz word today is ‘inclusion’. Force all the kids together, even if one dumb troublemaker holds the rest of the class back from learning.

As you guys know, I have a special needs son and I refused to put him in the classes that I knew he would just be a disruption to other who had the ability to learn. Many other mothers of Special kids would demand their child be main streamed into the regular classrooms even if they were incapable of learning the material. I don't understand their reasoning.
My son would join the others in classes such as gym or art.

Alex Berenson says worldwide COVID outbreak has so far only been 'slightly worse than a bad flu year'

Berenson went on to accuse the media of an "obsessive - almost sordid - fascination with death counts, updated in real-time and presented without context."

"Why are we counting deaths this way?" he asked. "We’ve never done this for any other illness. Never."

Berenson specifically cited the Times for its "heat maps" of COVID cases and what he called CNN's "deathmeter", as well as "everyone screaming on Twitter," for instilling the sense that the pandemic is worse than it is.

In truth, Berenson claimed, "the 700,000 people it [coronavirus] has killed worldwide are less than half the number who have died or traffic accidents OR diarrhea OR tuberculosis this year, less than 2% of all deaths.

"There has never been anything like this before, but not because of the virus."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/alex-berenson-worldwide-coronavirus-bad-flu-year

Well, My two granddaughters spent the day with me yesterday and I talked to my daughter when she picked them up..... turns out that the girls were tested for their new private school and the 1st grader (who was top of her kindergarten class) is SIX MONTHS behind where she should be. The school told her not to worry, she is the highest of 4 other new first graders. She will spend an extra hour every day to catch up. Thankfully the teacher said it may not take the 6 months because she is exceptionally bright...... just uneducated.

And this is the result of one of the better public school districts in this area. They can only teach as fast and far as the slowest student. The other granddaughter, going into the 4th grade is only slightly deficient in reading comprehension and needs a little practice. She is however off the charts in math and science, so she's OK. But she is a self starter and plays math and science games on her Ipad all the time, so essentially she is self taught.

The answer is the tax money follows the student.. definitely

school starts Monday and their uniforms came in day before yesterday.... new world for our family and a better situation for my grandaughters.

Teachers are concerned that during the virtual class with students, the parents will be able to listen in. Why the hell would a teacher be concerned about parents listening? Hmm, something smells.

I saw the screenshots of the teachers complaining that the parents will interfere with their induction. They are blaming the parents for all the wrongs in the world.

I retired from the education maelstrom a few months ago. Teachers complain that they are overworked and underpaid. In Kalifornia teachers are under contract for 185 days a year. In other words, they get just about half the year off! I had one teacher express displeasure that she was only making $77,000 a year, which equates to 6 months of work and 6 months of play. Sorry, but members of the military service are the real people who are overworked and underpaid.

This has all been hashed and rehashed. Even though this is still an evolving disease that we constantly learn new things about my opinion still stands. We have to reopen. More People will starve to death if the economy completely tanks than will die from the virus. That being said, the administration not having a science based uniform plan to help is unbelievably ignorant. Masks should have been mandated everywhere, period. Distancing as best as is reasonably possible makes sense. Contact tracing should be way ahead of where we are, it works in most countries. I live in the 5th worst state in numbers of cases. I still am going to work in public places but am taking a lot of precautions. Yes it’s still a risk but at least they are being reduced. There is no perfect way to get through this viral outbreak but letting the economy go into a depression just brings even more misery to this party.

I retired from the education maelstrom a few months ago. Teachers complain that they are overworked and underpaid. In Kalifornia teachers are under contract for 185 days a year. In other words, they get just about half the year off! I had one teacher express displeasure that she was only making $77,000 a year, which equates to 6 months of work and 6 months of play. Sorry, but members of the military service are the real people who are overworked and underpaid.
Wow, I should have taught in America.

A lot of people don’t get paid per work ratio. Most employers in these arenas rely on either a persons dedication to the profession or desperation of circumstance.

Teachers are concerned that during the virtual class with students, the parents will be able to listen in. Why the hell would a teacher be concerned about parents listening? Hmm, something smells.

I posted about a bunch of tweets by teachers who were upset about “how to indoctrinate the kids with parents possibly listening “. They were all upset.

Personally, I couldn’t teach online. Not bothered who would be listening, teachers are used to being observed. Maybe it would be different if I was a high school teacher but I’m used to moving around the class and continually assessing and interacting with the children. Classroom management isn’t just about controlling behaviour it’s more about reading each child’s interest level and perception, then adjusting the lesson if you’re losing their focus. I couldn’t do that online. Let’s face it if classes were to be set up online, only the kids who want to learn would get anything out of it.

Personally, I couldn’t teach online. Not bothered who would be listening, teachers are used to being observed. Maybe it would be different if I was a high school teacher but I’m used to moving around the class and continually assessing and interacting with the children. Classroom management isn’t just about controlling behaviour it’s more about reading each child’s interest level and perception, then adjusting the lesson if you’re losing their focus. I couldn’t do that online. Let’s face it if classes were to be set up online, only the kids who want to learn would get anything out of it.

My wife has been conducting online classes for years, both for her school and privately. It can be done - with the right technology.

Secondary would be easier, I just don’t think the younger ones would adapt as well. Unless they are used to it, I know they do it in remote places or when children can’t physically get to school. What happens, happens I suppose, it doesn’t help that I’m not good friends with technology.

Alex Berenson says worldwide COVID outbreak has so far only been 'slightly worse than a bad flu year'
I won't argue about him having some good points, but I have a feeling he's pulling that out of his ### without having the actual numbers.
He's using worldwide because he knows how difficult it is to get worldwide numbers on anything.

I will try to find those, but in the meantime how about in the US?
Flu deaths in the US, by season
2010–2011 37,000
2011–2012 12,000
2012–2013 43,000
2013–2014 38,000
2014–2015 51,000
2015–2016 23,000
2016–2017 38,000
2017–2018 61,000
2018–2019 34,000
COVID-19 deaths in the US in 6 months of 2020
Slightly worse????
bsflag
And yes I know that is not completely accurate.

Sorry guys but I don’t believe ANY of the numbers. The reason is the CDC and hospitals have clearly been including not only flu numbers, but also car accidents, cancers, strokes...you name it in the covid numbers. To top that, when the issue of sending kids back to school they started counting adults in the numbers. We are being fed a bunch of lies.

Our government school system is officially a huge detriment to the children and our future!

Joe Gamaldi (@JoeGamaldi) Tweeted:
***Update: The School district has reached out, they have pulled back the assignment, apologized for the assignment, and will be issuing an apology to the parents.*** @WylieISD

So the school gave a less than acceptable apology and said nothing, zero, zip about removing this indoctrination teacher!

"So the school gave a less than acceptable apology and said nothing, zero, zip about removing this indoctrination teacher! "

Well, if it is a primarily black school district the citizens probably agree with this. If it isn't, then the solution is local politics and involvement. Make the school board pay dearly. They wont change unless we force them to. Maybe it's time to start giving that old racist math test joke as a homework assignment. The one we all saw about 20 years ago that had things like "Devon and Jamail break into the local Payless shoe store. There are 20 Nikes in stock........."

I am getting pretty sick of always taking the high road, maybe I have always been more of a gutter fighter than I cared to admit. Just venting frustration here.

it's not a matter of just listening in >>> recording would be possible - right now it's the teacher's word against some kid(s) ...

if a kid complains something was said by the teacher - bingo bango - gooooo to the tape for the day >>> it's been done already by kids that are purposely setting the teacher up to get fired ....

Latest posts

Back