Why schools should open or not.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct.../5571105002/&usg=AOvVaw1yLPLOrtMDndyG3iKlnx0-I agree that for the young and healthy students the virus isn’t a major risk. As far as the kids not spreading the disease though I couldn’t disagree more. The problem is they are spreading it to older teachers, parents and grandparents. I wish there was an easy answer to this but until there is an effective vaccine available or better antiviral treatments the whole country is going to continue to be disrupted.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct.../5571105002/&usg=AOvVaw1yLPLOrtMDndyG3iKlnx0-I agree that for the young and healthy students the virus isn’t a major risk. As far as the kids not spreading the disease though I couldn’t disagree more. The problem is they are spreading it to older teachers, parents and grandparents. I wish there was an easy answer to this but until there is an effective vaccine available or better antiviral treatments the whole country is going to continue to be disrupted.

I'm telling you, there will be no effective vaccine.

This virus has been blown into a political issue, where it never belonged. All this thanks to Dem politicians out to bring down the President. But, you have said over and over that we must follow the experts. This is a pediatrician expert.

“Professor Russell Viner, president of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health and a member of the government advisory group Sage, said: “A new study that has been done in UK schools confirms there is very little evidence that the virus is transmitted in schools.”

This virus has been blown into a political issue, where it never belonged. All this thanks to Dem politicians out to bring down the President. But, you have said over and over that we must follow the experts. This is a pediatrician expert.

“Professor Russell Viner, president of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health and a member of the government advisory group Sage, said: “A new study that has been done in UK schools confirms there is very little evidence that the virus is transmitted in schools.”
I still think you are cherry picking individual reports that are in the minority. This is a viral infection. It dosent care whether your are a democrat or republican, a child or an older person. All it does is spread from one host to another. Unbiased and unfeeling. To think it won’t spread in any large group of people isn‘t logical.
I personally don’t care about the political BS that is going on. I personally don’t think trump is a good person, yet I’m not happy with the crazy far left either. What I do know though is the virus is out there. It is going to continue to spread and kill off the older and weaker population until we can get either an effective vaccine or better treatments for it. Trump isn’t going to stop it, nor any of the democrats. Minimizing large groups of unprotected people is the best thing we have as a tool against this thing for now.

I'm telling you, there will be no effective vaccine.
I am certain there will be eventually, but don’t think the first ones will be great. If they can get a 70% effectiveness in one within the next year that’s likely better than I expect. It still increases your odds though. I used to be good at playing poker. It’s an odds game. Anything you can do to put the odds in your favor is a good thing.

I still think you are cherry picking individual reports that are in the minority. This is a viral infection. It dosent care whether your are a democrat or republican, a child or an older person. All it does is spread from one host to another. Unbiased and unfeeling. To think it won’t spread in any large group of people isn‘t logical.
I personally don’t care about the political BS that is going on. I personally don’t think trump is a good person, yet I’m not happy with the crazy far left either. What I do know though is the virus is out there. It is going to continue to spread and kill off the older and weaker population until we can get either an effective vaccine or better treatments for it. Trump isn’t going to stop it, nor any of the democrats. Minimizing large groups of unprotected people is the best thing we have as a tool against this thing for now.

No doubt this virus is going to continue to spread. Also, zero doubt the vaccine will be all that effective. However, there is proof worldwide that children are not affected in large percentages. Show me a single expert that says they are. Not cherry picking. There a tons of physicians who state that children are at a much reduced risk.

No doubt this virus is going to continue to spread. Also, zero doubt the vaccine will be all that effective. However, there is proof worldwide that children are not affected in large percentages. Show me a single expert that says they are. Not cherry picking. There a tons of physicians who state that children are at a much reduced risk.
You’re correct that there is loads of evidence that the children themselves aren’t as affected by the virus. That doesn't mean they aren’t spreading the virus though. They carry it and infect others at at least the same rate if not more due to their touching their noses and mouth more than most adults do. It is the people they come into contact with after school I’m more concerned for, and the teachers.

The vast majority of children don’t get the severe symptoms as older people or immune compromised. The Kawasaki type symptoms that are appearing in a small percentage of children after contracting covid are a slight concern. I honestly haven’t seen enough reliable data as to whether children pass it on to the extent of an affected adult but kept mine away from my mum who has COPD. I have just started taking her for visits in the garden. We both wear masks in shops but I don’t take her in if it can be helped. The problem is our economy is going to be in serious trouble if things don’t get back to some sort of normal soon. I think the local restrictions need to be tested. For instance a few areas over here have had some restrictions reinforced, like not going to other people’s houses, if cases surge.

You’re correct that there is loads of evidence that the children themselves aren’t as affected by the virus. That doesn't mean they aren’t spreading the virus though. They carry it and infect others at at least the same rate if not more due to their touching their noses and mouth more than most adults do. It is the people they come into contact with after school I’m more concerned for, and the teachers.

Face it, there isn’t a perfect solution. The children MUST get back to school for their futures and their mental health. Our country MUST get back to work or everyone will be badly affected by our country’s CRASH.

"Proper testing" won't be concluded until near the end of 2021.

No! you cannot have it both ways. If you don't want people to use hydroxychloroquine because the "proper testing" hasn't been concluded yet, then wanting people to take a vaccine that hasn't gone through proper testing is hypocritical.

Every single vaccine expert said 18 months would be rushing it.

A lot more people were self sufficient back then or locally connected. They didn’t rely on trucks or supermarkets as much. Today the population is much bigger and business has diversified into stuff we don’t need but it fuels the economy. I don’t know, they are the first things that come to mind. Interesting question though.

In my opinion, for what it is worth, herd immunity is going to be the best bet. Open businesses, restart the economy. Either re-open schools or transfer the education monies to the parents and let them home school. People can elect to wear masks (me and the wife) or not. Getting the China flu is bad for your health but so is being homeless and starving. Now this is the opinion for a person with COPD and diabetes. The country needs to open back up.

In my opinion, for what it is worth, herd immunity is going to be the best bet. Open businesses, restart the economy. Either re-open schools or transfer the education monies to the parents and let them home school. People can elect to wear masks (me and the wife) or not. Getting the China flu is bad for your health but so is being homeless and starving. Now this is the opinion for a person with COPD and diabetes. The country needs to open back up.
I agree, businesses can’t afford to not make or even loose money for too long before closing. We have allready lost a lot of them but the longer this goes on the worse it will get. Many places were hurting before this pandemic and were just pushed over the edge they were teetering on, but not reopening businesses is a guaranteed depression. I kind of feel we are heading towards one anyways but let’s try to slow it down at least. I’m still on the fence with the public schools. Many are so bad that I’m wanting to say screw them and go to private anyways. I don’t see how they are going to keep the small kids from catching and spreading the bug.

From what I researched, it doesnt look like he'd immunity will work with this man made bio weapon.

SOOOOO...here is a great plus for teaching on line. According to many teachers who are posting about it, they said they are literally flipping out that they are going to have a hard time indoctrinating kids!

“A public schoolteacher in Philadelphia is fretting that "conservative parents" may be able to listen in on his virtual classes.

The Washington Examiner reported the concerns were from Matthew Kay, an instructor who worried that his "what happens here stays here" philosophy may be violated.

Kay is an English instructor at the Science Leadership Academy, a public school.

He said he now fears the potential "damage" from parents who overhear his lessons to their children on "gender and sexuality."
Kay worried that "conservative parents" somehow would be able to interfere with the "messy work" of indoctrinating children.

Kay said he was concerned aboug never being quite sure "who is overhearing" the lessons.

"While conversation about race are in my wheelhouse, and remain a concern in this no-walls environment — I am most intrigued by the damage that 'helicopter/snowplow' parents can do in the host conversations about gender/sexuality. And while 'conservative' parents are my chief concern — I know that the damage can come from the left too. If we are engaged in the messy work of destabilizing a kid’s racism or homophobia or transphobia — how much do we want their classmates’ parents piling on?" Kay wrote.

Walsh pointed out that other teachers began sharing their own strategies for "brainwashing during a pandemic."

Further, an adult keeping a secret with a child, and "helping the child conceal that secret from his parent – especially when the secret has anything to do with sexuality – is acting in a way that is nothing short of predatory," Walsh wrote.

Finally, he argued, teachers are supposed to teach.

"A child’s actual parents only come to be viewed as 'dangerous' interlopers and intrusive 'outsiders' when teachers begin to view themselves and the school system as the true guardians and conservators of the children that are temporarily in their care."

EDITED TO ADD: So in other words they are actively BULLYING any student to doesn’t agree with their evil crap!

Down Under we have a large number of children under the age of 10 in hospital fighting the virus - as far as I could read they had no pre existing conditions.

There are lots of valid arguments for and against opening schools.

I just don't know.

This is interesting! Seems the count for children is being artificially inflated.

“The joint report from the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Children’s Hospital Association looked at data from 49 states, NYC, D.C., Puerto Rico, and Guam.

However, the alarming “97,000” number being reported by national media is deceptive because the federal government is, once again, intentionally inflating the case counts.

A chart from the report, which includes data collected up to July 30, shows many states are counting adults aged 18-24 as “children.”

Two states reported 18-year-olds as children, 32 states counted 19-year-olds, two states counted 20-year-olds, and Alabama counted cases up to 24-years-old as “child cases” of COVID-19.“

Latest posts

Back