Why schools should open or not.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
Tenn. doctors say reopening schools is 'insane' and 'irresponsible'
My wife is going to teach remotely from home this fall. The students will have a choice whether to take classes online or at school.

Fortunately, she has been teaching some online classes for years, so she is already an "old pro" at distance learning methods and technology.

Parents nationwide are in DEEP trouble if the schools do not open. Most of them have jobs in order to pay their bills And feed their family. Dems don’t acknowledge that when debating this issue of schooling. If teachers refuse to teach the children in school, I hope they all get laid off. Send the money to the parents! I know this is a sensitive subject, but I’m sick of the average hardworking Americans getting the screws. And please don’t try to tell me the kids are all going to die. They aren’t. As I said previously, the ones with health issues DO need to stay home.

Rant over.

One of my best friends teaches in Knoxville. She has a masters in education and teaches 1st grade but has not done online or distance learning. They are supposedly going back to the classroom in the fall but are training the teachers in online classes. She is very nervous about going back because she is diabetic and has other health issues. She is not old enough to retire just yet and has no choice.

We have been back and forth with my daughter regarding the granddaughter going to school. First thoughts was to send her to the public school but after all the social issues as well as the corona virus, we have decided to home school. We home schooled our daughter during middle and high school so we know the routine. Wifey (grandmother) will teach the granddaughter and if thing settle down in the future, may consider public schools then (for social development).

Parents nationwide are in DEEP trouble if the schools do not open. Most of them have jobs in order to pay their bills And feed their family. Dems don’t acknowledge that when debating this issue of schooling. If teachers refuse to teach the children in school, I hope they all get laid off. Send the money to the parents! I know this is a sensitive subject, but I’m sick of the average hardworking Americans getting the screws. And please don’t try to tell me the kids are all going to die. They aren’t. As I said previously, the ones with health issues DO need to stay home.

Rant over.

The schools must open, any teachers refusing should be fired. Replaced with teachers who want to teach. The virus is here to stay, everyone needs to learn to live with and continue there productive lives.

We are punishing the healthy on the chance that one unhealthy person gets the virus. The susceptible should definitely have a choice, but don't force restrictions on everyone. Many in my son's school are compromised and have choices. My son is scared to return and I'm not going to force him. He just goes to socialize since his academic ability is that of a preschooler or less. BUT, he has more common sense than his dad. True

Put me in the Go Back to School camp. From the science I have seen the risk is minuscule, and the benefits to both the children and parents for outweighs the risks.

I do believe in choice. If the parents want to keep kids home to home-school them they should be allowed to do so.

One of my best friends teaches in Knoxville. She has a masters in education and teaches 1st grade but has not done online or distance learning. They are supposedly going back to the classroom in the fall but are training the teachers in online classes. She is very nervous about going back because she is diabetic and has other health issues. She is not old enough to retire just yet and has no choice.
I don’t think loads of kids will die either, but some will. Mostly this is to protect the teachers and the parents of the kids when they bring it home. I’m actually for schools to reopen but without a clear policy for slowing the spread of the disease it is just stupid.... masks are a good start but there needs to be more things as well. the government isn’t giving any real guidelines here at all. And saying to disregard the cdc’s advice is asinine.

That is an issue DD. Her physician should be consulted. If she is at an increased risk she should be one of the teachers that are put on paid leave...in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
I don’t think loads of kids will die either, but some will. Mostly this is to protect the teachers and the parents of the kids when they bring it home. I’m actually for schools to reopen but without a clear policy for slowing the spread of the disease it is just stupid.... masks are a good start but there needs to be more things as well. the government isn’t giving any real guidelines here at all. And saying to disregard the cdc’s advice is asinine.

Teachers who are healthy and don’t have co-morbidities need to go back to the classroom. Those with health issues that are backed by their physicians should be allowed to teach or contribute from home. Let’s be smart about this and treat everyone according to their risk factors. Face it, every person on this planet has a risk of being killed by something Daily. There is no such thing as a risk free life.

Last edited:
Teachers who are healthy and don’t have co-morbidities need to go back to the classroom. Those with health issues that are backed by their physicians should be allowed to teach or contribute from home. Let’s be smart about this and treat everyone according to their risk factors. Face it, every person on this planet has a risk of being killed by something Daily. There is no such thing as a risk free life.
True, but not having a plan to make them a little safer is flat out stupid. Every other country knows masks work. Not using them just shows the average Americans intelligence level.

True, but not having a plan to make them a little safer is flat out stupid. Every other country knows masks work. Not using them just shows the average Americans intelligence level.

School children don’t have a higher risk from this virus than from a yearly bad flu season. We don’t change things for the flu season, therefore there is no reason to keep Healthy children home during this virus. The cost to Keeping them locked up any longer ultimately is far too great.

As far as the risk for older people at home? That has to be left up to every individual family. When my MIL lived with us for some years, when any kind of bug or virus came into the house...many from the kids I’m sure...I would have her stay safe in her area of the house. We would bring her meals there too. No doubt many people with older folks in their household take precautions for ALL bugs.

I don't understand why this would even be debated. Of course the schools should reopen. If they dont open it could cause more parents to home school. Not a bad option.
My sister is a school teacher. She thinks this is all BS too.
I agree there shouldn’t be a debate about opening, just about how to make it a little safer.

Simple solution. Give the parents the educational money and then they can make the best decision for their child. Home school, private school or public school. The teachers will also have options, to teach online, teach in a class room or find a new profession. Life offers options, people just need to have the courage to reach out for them.

Simple solution. Give the parents the educational money and then they can make the best decision for their child. Home school, private school or public school. The teachers will also have options, to teach online, teach in a class room or find a new profession. Life offers options, people just need to have the courage to reach out for them.
The only problem with giving the parents the money is the public schools would collapse Financially Personally I don’t know if that would be the worst things since most are really sucking at educating our kids. We are near the bottom of the scale compared to other countries.

Latest posts

Back