Why schools should open or not.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simple solution. Give the parents the educational money and then they can make the best decision for their child. Home school, private school or public school. The teachers will also have options, to teach online, teach in a class room or find a new profession. Life offers options, people just need to have the courage to reach out for them.
I'm all in favor of giving the tax payers THEIR money back, and let the parent decide how best to educate their own children. I'd go one step further and not tax people who do not have school age children.

The only problem with giving the parents the money is the public schools would collapse Financially Personally I don’t know if that would be the worst things since most are really sucking at educating our kids. We are near the bottom of the scale compared to other countries.

The public school system way it is now needs started over...ONLY by the States. Keep the Fed out of it!

Monopolies never, ever produce the best quality. Competition is what improves any venture. The public schools need to to have viable competition. The money should follow the students, then the schools will start teaching and stop wasting tax payer money. Will some or even most public schools close, mabe but the ones that stay open will provide a much better education for the children.

Groundbreaking study shows students rarely spread COVID, makes case for students returning to school

“Children act more as a brake on infection'

But according to a recent study in Germany — completed by the Medical Faculty of the TU Dresden and University Hospital Carl Gustav Caru — transmission of COVID-19 among younger people is rare.

From CNBC:

The results showed that out of 2,045 blood samples collected from students and teachers from across 13 secondary schools in [Saxony] only 12 samples were found to contain antibodies against Covid-19.

Tests were carried out in several schools where there had been known outbreaks of the virus, and 24 of the participants had at least one confirmed coronavirus case in their household. Nonetheless, only one of those 24 participants was found to have antibodies, the study noted.
In fact, the study found that schools do not become virus hotspots once they reopen. According to the study, "the dynamics of virus spreading have been overestimated," CNBC reported.

Prof. Reinhard Berner, the head of pediatric medicine at Dresden University Hospital and a leader of the study, said the study proves "the opposite" of the claim that schools could be super-spreaders of the virus.

"Children act more as a brake on infection," Berner said. "Not every infection that reaches them is passed on."

Researchers in Iceland and Europe have similarly concluded that children do not easily transmit COVID-19.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/groun...ning-to-school-shows-kids-rarely-spread-covid

We are near the bottom of the scale compared to other countries.

I can tell you ALL about what is wrong with the public school system because I was there when it went to hell in a handbasket. Both as a student and as a teacher. The public high school I went to went from being the top high school in the state academically to being worthless in a span of two years.

My wife is a middle school teacher right now and what is happening at her school makes her sick. She had good principals for many years, but the new principal is running the school into the ground.

If public schools were held accountable, and actually had a priority of educating students instead of indoctrinating them and would reward the good teachers and punish the bad teachers, they would do well, and parents would not have to take their kids out of public school. The good teachers are punished because they make the bad teachers look bad.

We were going to home school our kids, but we found a school district that had good public schools with good teachers. We bought a house in that school district. Elementary, Middle, and High school were all within a few blocks of our house. Kids walked or rode bikes to school. I payed close attention to what they were being taught and confronted their teachers when I got suspicious. They both did very well.

Monopolies never, ever produce the best quality. Competition is what improves any venture. The public schools need to to have viable competition. The money should follow the students, then the schools will start teaching and stop wasting tax payer money. Will some or even most public schools close, mabe but the ones that stay open will provide a much better education for the children.
I agree our schools suck and need a major makeover. I would love to see a major restructuring but large government systems are like the titanic. The rudder is too small and it takes forever to change course.

Groundbreaking study shows students rarely spread COVID, makes case for students returning to school

“Children act more as a brake on infection'

But according to a recent study in Germany — completed by the Medical Faculty of the TU Dresden and University Hospital Carl Gustav Caru — transmission of COVID-19 among younger people is rare.

From CNBC:

In fact, the study found that schools do not become virus hotspots once they reopen. According to the study, "the dynamics of virus spreading have been overestimated," CNBC reported.

Prof. Reinhard Berner, the head of pediatric medicine at Dresden University Hospital and a leader of the study, said the study proves "the opposite" of the claim that schools could be super-spreaders of the virus.

"Children act more as a brake on infection," Berner said. "Not every infection that reaches them is passed on."

Researchers in Iceland and Europe have similarly concluded that children do not easily transmit COVID-19.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/groun...ning-to-school-shows-kids-rarely-spread-covid
I won’t dismiss this idea but am doubtful. The virus dosent care who it infects and travels easily from one person to another. All I can say is we will see how other studies either support this idea or don’t. I never look at fringe science but bet on the main consensus. There is no doubt though that we don’t know all there is to this bug. At this point I believe the cat is allready out of the bag and it will continue to spread throughout the population. Some will be naturally immune and others will be hit hard by it. The best we can do is protect ourselves with ppe. One thing that really is disheartening is there are many studies showing the antibody levels drop fairly quickly which indicates that reinfection is possible after recovering. Again though, this is just early conjecture at this point.

I agree wholeheartedly with Urbanprep. Let the money follow the child, and give the parents the choice. Who else knows what is best for the child? If you are unhappy with the school you should have the option to change. Not be forced to attend or only have very expensive options because of where you live.

Brent S: Would the public schools collapse? Maybe, but IMHO not entirely. There will still be clueless parents who will send their kids to the school that is closest. I would think their enrollment would be drastically reduced. If the money followed the child the good schools and the good teachers would flourish. The bad schools would close; and the bad teachers would not be able to find a job.

GeorgiaPeachie: Thank you for the quote from Thomas Sowell. He is a brilliant man who rose above very humble beginnings, and really tells it like it is. He should be a beacon to the Black community. I would highly recommend watching all of his You Tube videos. I could listen to him all day. Absolutely brilliant insight.

Last edited:
I know if I had children now I would not want them at school,,,,I think it is to much of a risk,,,but I am old and feeble minded so maybe I don't know what I am talking about

but if there is a huge surge in school age children getting this Virus I will have been right with my concerns but there is no satisfaction in being able to say,,,, see I was right the rest of you were wrong

I WOULD PREFER TO BE WRONG ABOUT THIS

Teachers who are healthy and don’t have co-morbidities need to go back to the classroom. Those with health issues that are backed by their physicians should be allowed to teach or contribute from home. Let’s be smart about this and treat everyone according to their risk factors. Face it, every person on this planet has a risk of being killed by something Daily. There is no such thing as a risk free life.

How dare you Peachie!.... interjecting a moment of logic in what we all know is a debate reserved for emotional responses only!

With the poor results from the public school system maybe closing them wouldn’t be such a bad idea. I listened to a tucker Carlson report saying the NY public schools have over 50% of students not proficient in math and English. I didn’t fact check this but would not be surprised. That’s the largest school system in the country and it is failing with over a 50% rate! Why wouldn’t people have been replaced allready?

Imagine a $30k dollar product that doesn't come delivered with the most basic functions.

Now imagine a parent with two kids, getting paid $60,000 to stay home and teach their kids. Even if the amount was reduced to $50,000, that would solve many problems. Parents able to stay at home and guide their kids. No more day care. No more peer pressure on the children to comply with the latest moral standard. No more school bullies. No more ridiculous gender or sexual orientation training. The parents get to not only approve of the lessons, they are involved in teaching the lessons.

I call Bullshit on that when growing every bug that went around followed us home and we gave it to everyone in the family cold flu measles mumps you name it ,it would run back and forth thru everyone we came in contact with the only way to keep a family member from catching whatever we had was to stay away from them,,,,I believe this will run rampant thru our schools

The science/research is showing that children positive for Covid can transmit the virus the same as adults.
As one who works as staff within the school system, my question to the Board has not been answered, which is, " What is your plan to replace dead teachers and staff."

Here's the reason why we shouldn't be opening schools in our neck of the woods... Nearly 75% of detainees at US immigration facility in Virginia have coronavirus

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back