Why Higher Minimum Wage?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schattentarn

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Traitor Joe and the Leftists are pushing a "living" minimum wage of $15.00 - $20.00 per hour, depending one who is talking. Since minimum wage was always designed for entry level work and allows the employer to hire someone with no experience, education or training, benefiting all of society in the long run, why is there such as strident push on the Left right now? I live in California and, as will be apparent, I can explain why.

California has about 20 million illegals. In fact, Los Angeles County has about as many as the Left likes to cite for the whole country. So ask yourself, what do illegals do for employment in L.A. County? There is no longer much agricultural work, so what do this do? They go down to 7th and Alvarado in the dregs of Los Angeles and get a phony ID, Green Card, other small IDs. Then they go to work for employers who hire them but know all the time these IDs are phony and these people are illegals. Millions of people do this. The outcome is the illegals are working minimum wage, dead end jobs. They are dead end not because taking orders in McDonalds has no future, they are dead end because they are illegals and nobody wants to promote illegals to positions of importance within their companies. So the same people work year after year at those minimum wage jobs.

Now actually, those illegals are happy with those jobs. But the rich leftists in the Bay Area consider illegals as their pet people. So it is these rich Leftists who want a living wage for minimum wage work to sooth their consciences. This unspoken infection has spread to big blue cities all over the country. Seattle was actually the first to bump up minimum wage to something obscene. And it is coming to you.

Here is the funny thing, where your kids will start their working lives in rural areas, they will not get this living wage. The higher wage will be mandated by the Left for employers employing a certain number of employees. Generally speaking, large employers inhabit big blue cities. They know exactly what they are doing. They are targeting their pets, raising prices, causing inflation and then not allowing everyday white rural people to participate and mitigate those damages.

So this policy is not only harmful, it is targeted, racially, at some and not all. How do you feel about this?

I think it's normal to be paid a lower wage for starter jobs. How the heck is a 16 yr old supposed to get hired anywhere? Working at Mc Donalds is not considered a career, it's a starter job for teens.
It's a no brainer if companies have to double their employees salary, then prices will go up. Paying $9 for a number 1 meal at Freddy's Burgers is already too much.

Simply put, it is all about buying votes. The math doe not work as labor is one of the biggest liabilities for any company. As labor costs go up, so does everything else. Bottom line, the cost of living will increase and those people making $15.00 hour will be no better off. There is one more factor to higher minimum wages, AUTOMATION. labor increases will have to compete against machine automation costs. Machines do not have labor laws, pensions, medical care, or unions.

As minimum wages increase for low income workers so will all the other salaries above it increase. It makes absolutely no difference to anyone. To compensate prices for goods and services will increase or companies will lay off staff. I would however suggest that wages increase in-line with inflation.

You need to also remember that all of the hundreds of thousands of migrants Biden is now shipping into the US from Mexico are going to drive wages down as many of them are willing to work for 25 bucks A DAY.

A lot of places will go out of business or mechanize their services to reduce the number of employees. Employers can't, or won't, pay that much and many people will quit buying their products due to increased prices. Thanks to this china flu BS many restaurants have already increased the cost of meals. Many of us have stopped going out to eat because of the price increases.
This is just about buying votes by the democrats. And sadly it will work.

As minimum wages increase for low income workers so will all the other salaries above it increase. It makes absolutely no difference to anyone. To compensate prices for goods and services will increase or companies will lay off staff. I would however suggest that wages increase in-line with inflation.
Max Keiser on RT (Russia Today) has an interesting take on this. He says the 1% Class does not care in the least about inflation or rising prices, etc. He says they are insulated. Here is how: Keiser says they invest in real, tangible assets such as real estate (although he does mention the stock market too). His point is no matter how inflated the economy becomes, their assets also go up proportionally so they don't care. This is way Bill Gates and the other tech oligarchs call for more benefits being paid to ghetto dwellers and illegals---their pet people---because the repercussions only impact the middle class and they hate us anyway.

This 1% thing is a little misleading. The average debt a person has is so high I am now in the 1% and I have worked minimum wage most of my life. The trick is to buy things you NEED, not things you WANT and don't buy things with money you don't have.

Max Keiser on RT (Russia Today) has an interesting take on this. He says the 1% Class does not care in the least about inflation or rising prices, etc. He says they are insulated. Here is how: Keiser says they invest in real, tangible assets such as real estate (although he does mention the stock market too). His point is no matter how inflated the economy becomes, their assets also go up proportionally so they don't care. This is way Bill Gates and the other tech oligarchs call for more benefits being paid to ghetto dwellers and illegals---their pet people---because the repercussions only impact the middle class and they hate us anyway.
This strategy works for all of us as well. I’ve been buying and selling real-estate since I was 19. Never lost any money on real estate yet.

This 1% thing is a little misleading. The average debt a person has is so high I am now in the 1% and I have worked minimum wage most of my life. The trick is to buy things you NEED, not things you WANT and don't buy things with money you don't have.
Very few people are able to resist the impulse of instant gratification buying. I’ve known so many that as soon as they get some cash, like tax refund or inheritance, they immediately spend it all. If you don’t learn to save at an early age then you will be poor your entire life.

This is another thing the people just do not understand...the more they demonstrate for more money, the more the cost of living is driven up because SOMEBODY has to pay for the extra costs...this drives the paycheck up, the company products are going up, the transportation costs go up, the sales prices go up and you lose in the long run since you got a 3% payraise and the prices went up 5%...nobody does the math except the big winners and big companies who support the unions and the strikes for more money and say in the end: "we are on YOUR side and got you more pay!!!" when all the while they all sit at their poker tables and laugh their asses off over the stupid working men and women who build the country and pay the taxes which those bigwigs cash in on when they get grants and tax-payers dollars for military contracts or hidden deals with the politicians who are a bought and paid for and are themselves a part of the entire mafia scheme and use their inside info to make even more money...GP

This is another thing the people just do not understand...the more they demonstrate for more money, the more the cost of living is driven up because SOMEBODY has to pay for the extra costs...this drives the paycheck up, the company products are going up, the transportation costs go up, the sales prices go up and you lose in the long run since you got a 3% payraise and the prices went up 5%...nobody does the math except the big winners and big companies who support the unions and the strikes for more money and say in the end: "we are on YOUR side and got you more pay!!!" when all the while they all sit at their poker tables and laugh their asses off over the stupid working men and women who build the country and pay the taxes which those bigwigs cash in on when they get grants and tax-payers dollars for military contracts or hidden deals with the politicians who are a bought and paid for and are themselves a part of the entire mafia scheme and use their inside info to make even more money...GP
Yes its a vicious cycle. But there are many things that we can all do to come out a winner in this game. Number one; invest in yourself, learn a trade or skill that is in demand and that would increase your value to a company. Probably the most important thing a person can do is to get out of debt, and stay out. Only use a credit card for a real emergency, and pay it off before they add finance charges. Always live within your means, or below. Save every penny you can and invest it. Invest in real estate; home and/or land. Pay your house off. Then consider using the equity to buy another house or two and rent them out. Consider starting a side business while you're working your regular full time job. Don't waste $$ on booze, tobacco, junk food or going out to eat. Look for opportunities, even if that opportunity is out of state or even overseas. Go where the work, and the money is.
There are many ways to come out ahead and be successful, even in these times. It just takes hard work, dedication, discipline and sacrifice. Plus following a plan over many years.

My son is an electrical engineer and computer science major. My friend's son barely made it through high school.
He stacks cans at a mega store in the big city. He informed me that at least they will never teach a robot to stack cans. My son told me "Not only can robots stack cans, they can do it faster, better, and cheaper. They can also unload the truck and scan every can". The point being is what are these uneducated colonists going to do when the lawn mowing, pool cleaning, ditch digging, car washing jobs are gone? Are they going to flood south across the border? I think one doomsday possibility is when the non-workers out number the workers. Then they can also out vote us. Doom.

ever try to explain that basic simple economic fact to someone working minimum wage? >>> there's a reason there

do you know that it usually boomerangs in the worst possible ways for these low level people - the landlord doesn't just raise the rents to cover his increased maintenance costs and utilities >>> he makes sure to cover his azz well & good for awhile and he's going to use the excuse to maybe make a bigger buck $$$ .....

and what Union worth it's salt is going into battle asking & willing to accept that bare minimum boost - minimum wage goes up $5/hr - they're be shooting for $10 and taking $7.50 - those minimum joyful celebrating minimum wagers not only didn't get a raise - they are now 50% worse off to the better job workers ...

And robots cost alot of money, and need people to maintain them.
The cheap alternatives are for people working fast food. The order people can and are being replaced by the order screen. The cashier can also be replaced when cash is no longer accepted. Kind of like the grocery store self checkout lines. Was irritated lately at Home Depot when the only lines open were self checkout. I was buying a chainsaw and it had an anti theft device on it that needed to be removed with their special gadget tool. So an employee had to come anyway. I just stepped back and played the old lady card and said that you might as well ring everything up for me.

I don't understand why we spend so much time and energy worrying and coddling the underacheavers, slackers and losers in our society. Anyone can seceed in life if they really want to. I know its easier to sit around and whine about how hard life is, while they're smoking a joint and drinking a beer, than going out and getting a real job. I'd rather focus on those that have more than a few brain cells working for them. When I was working in the ND oil fields I hired many entry level people as laborors who had no real job skills. Starting wage was $35/hour with guaranteed at least 44 hours overtime per week. I had a policy of not hiring men with long hair or anyone with visible piercings or tattoos above the collar. There are always good paying jobs for those who are willing to clean themselves up and look presentable and work hard. And keep their mouths shut and do what they're told to do.

Latest posts

Back