Why does it feel like everyone has money except me?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sigh. Those who are witnessing exactly what we are and still ignoring it are sadly going to continue to do soā€¦until the bottom falls out from under them. šŸ˜”

My Wife used to think the same way.
She was adopted by a couple at birth who had lived through the great depression.
She watched both Her parents grow their own garden and can everything they didnt eat. Her Dad had guns stashed all over the place,in walls and anywhere else you could imagine. As I said earlier he built their house on the slab of a burned down school that had a locker room underground and it was turned into a cellar/food prep storage...etc.
I thank God my Wife got to see this behavior first hand. She now see's why they were like they were,and after seeing the crap thats happening now she jumped into prepping with both feet and Katy bar the door!!! She's buying stuff on Her own based on what Her parents did and informing me later....LOL.

I couldnt be happier.

Not sure. But they sure seem amused by it.
I'm sure with a little digging I could find out but never saw the need.
Bidens words were enough for me.

I don't think they were amused. One was on offense and the other was giving him enough rope to hang himself as if he was above it....and unaffected.

They were laughing...
But I think they were laughing at him for saying something that stupid on national TV.

People laugh for all sorts of reasons. Sometimes, because they don't know what else to do. I was more focused on their legs, arms, torso and movement. I am going to try to see if I can find out who the other two are out of curiosity.

People laugh for all sorts of reasons. Sometimes, because they don't know what else to do. I was more focused on their legs, arms, torso and movement. I am going to try to see if I can find out who the other two are out of curiosity.

Kinda like cackling Kamala Harris...
She laughs at the worst moments.

Everyone has probably heard this quote before:
"Absolute power corrupts absolutely"
I feel like very few presidents (none!) or congress members have avoided this corruption by power.
Are there any current politicians who are NOT corrupted?!

The historian and moralist, who was otherwise known simply as Lord Acton, expressed this opinion in a letter to Bishop Mandell Creighton in 1887.
Acton called a spade a spade!
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Great men are almost always bad men."

In a 1952 volume of Essays on Liberty, Mr. Ben Moreel (then Chairman of the Board of the Jones & Laughlin Steel Corporation) wrote:
When a person gains power over other personsā€“political power to force other persons to do his bidding when they do not believe it right to do soā€“it seems inevitable that a moral weakness develops in the person who exercises that power. It may take time for this weakness to become visible. In fact, its full extent is frequently left to the historians to record, but we eventually learn of it. It was Lord Acton, the British historian, who said: ā€œAll power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely.ā€

Please do not misunderstand me. These persons who are corrupted by the process of ruling over their fellow men are not innately evil. They begin as honest men. Their motives for wanting to direct the actions of others may be purely patriotic and altruistic. Indeed, they may wish only ā€œto do good for the people.ā€ But, apparently, the only way they can think of to do this ā€œgoodā€ is to impose more restrictive laws.

Now, obviously, there is no point in passing a law which requires people to do something they would do anyhow; or which prevents them from doing what they are not going to do anyhow. Therefore, the possessor of the political power could very well decide to leave every person free to do as he pleases so long as he does not infringe upon the same right of every other person to do as he pleases. However, that concept appears to be utterly without reason to a person who wants to exercise political power over his fellow man, for he asks himself: ā€œHow can I ā€˜do goodā€™ for the people if I just leave them alone?ā€ Besides, he does not want to pass into history as a ā€œdo nothingā€ leader who ends up as a footnote somewhere. So he begins to pass laws that will force all other persons to conform to his ideas of what is good for them.

That is the danger point! The more restrictions and compulsions he imposes on other persons, the greater the strain on his own morality. As his appetite for using force against people increases, he tends increasingly to surround himself with advisers who also seem to derive a peculiar pleasure from forcing others to obey their decrees. He appoints friends and supporters to easy jobs of questionable necessity. If there are not enough jobs to go around, he creates new ones. In some instances, jobs are sold to the highest bidder. The hard-earned money of those over whom he rules is loaned for questionable private endeavors or spent on grandiose public projects at home and abroad. If there is opposition, an emergency is declared or created to justify these actions.

If the benevolent ruler stays in power long enough, he eventually concludes that power and wisdom are the same thing. And as he possesses power, he must also possess wisdom. He becomes converted to the seductive thesis that election to public office endows the official with both power and wisdom. At this point, he begins to lose his ability to distinguish between what is morally right and what is politically expedient.

Back to the original question. I know nothing of you, your background, your experiences, your lifestyle.
I know someone who thinks everyone else has money and he doesn't. He has had money, but blows it on gambling and other addictions. Never owned a home or a vehicle that was anywhere to new. He has had money for a home, but decided he would rather drink and gamble instead. It is about choices for him.

I think that people view money differently, depending upon their childhood, what they experienced, where they were in the family, and other things. For me, my dad was a drunk, held jobs off and on, but lots of off work, but was always looking for money to drink. I lived in a house with 3 adults, 4 children, and often no one was working. When I started babysitting, I was the only one who was bringing money in, other than SS and welfare. There was never any money from the adults for me before I made my own money. Clothing was donated and ill fitting.
As an adult, I've always lived frugally, purchasing end of season deals and sales. I use things up and wear things out. I have never had the latest and the greatest. My focus has been on having the basics and paying them off. I've never had a new car, but I have had cars that were 20 + years old. Current car is 24 years old and I have had it for 18 years. I rarely purchase on credit or loan. I also often did side work which I applied to any debts or expenses I might have.
I can tell many stories of people who spent money they didn't have to acquire things they didn't need, with no thought for the future in their minds. Many people end up with expensive vacations, expensive clothing, expensive cars, eating out which adds up quickly, partying, homes that are more expensive than they can afford. People want, want, want, with no need for what they want.

What I am saying is that there seems like a total lack of concern by people around me that the events coming are going to be life changing!
That's my experience here too. Everyone seems to be spending their money on holidays, fashion, partying, etc. None of them want to think their lives could change so they turn a blind eye, they pretend like they aren't already being affected.

Focus on you and the progress you're making. Slow progress is better than no progress.
Kia kaha e hoa ā¤

What I am saying is that there seems like a total lack of concern by people around me that the events coming are going to be life changing!

I posted this on another thread but is relevant here as well.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I grew up in a upper middle class family. My Dad worked long hours as an engineer and my mom was a housewife/stay at home mom, even to this day. Though my family had money, we didn't live like we did. Before school began, Dad would take us to a Goodwill to buy our school clothes. That was just a normal thing so I never saw it as a "bad thing", until I got older and mom would say don't tell anyone where we get your clothes. . . I started baby sitting when I was 12 and thought I was making "good" money at the time of $2 an hour. I did get to keep all of what I earned to deposit into my savings account at the credit union. And I got a part time job as soon as it was legal for me to do so at 16 working most everyday after school so I could have my own money. I never got an allowance like so many others I knew, but this taught me a lesson of hard work. I never really got anything just handed to me in life, except the one time at church that members had made a collection and wanted to donate some money to a member the thought needed help. At the time, I was a very young single mom. Yes, I had my son young at only 18, almost 19. I signed up for reduced housing, Section 8 is what we call it around here. I was able to sign up for WIC when my son was young so I could "afford" his formula. After he was off the formula, I dropped that. I did get about $50 dollars of food stamps. And with my income, I got $50 knocked off my rent. $50 in food stamps didn't do a whole lot, but my infant son was always fed. Since I worked in a restaurant, I was able to eat some items for free. You do what you have to do to just survive. I could rely on my parents if need be, BUT I was also taught to get by with what you have.

I was lucky to have a Dad like I did. He taught me to appreciate but never take for granted money. Mom on the other hand is just spending away everything he left her. . even rewriting her will to include all of her current husbands kids, including his grands in her will. Yep, I'm a little resentful there especially since her husband now and my dad worked at the same place. . . Her husband retired early and basically had nothing in place.

It's not about the money at all. I could care less. . . It's about the principle.

Last edited:
I stripped copper from old alternators to earn money from about age 5. Then got a paper run, mowed lawns, and did babysitting from about age 10. Once I turned 15 I also got a job at the local supermarket and gave 1/3 of my income to my parents. My parents paid for needs and I paid for wants. I've never been 'well off' but I've never been in debt.
My sister on the other hand has so many maxed out credit cards and 1-2 personal loans (at a time) and thinks she's hard done by.

Latest posts

Back