why a prepper should never overlook sleep.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never understood how it could be safe depriving doctors in training. It makes it so much easier to make mistakes.

I believe they have cut back on the hours allowed without a break, but I'm not sure. I understand that during an emergency it's necessary, but not for training purposes only.

I used to subscribe to the Prepper journal, but it disappeared. I resubscribed. Thanks Paul.

unfortunatelly true robin,it's been kinda bad lately,sofar I have managed to not to go into a temper tantrum at work...
mostly thanks to having forrest just out side where I live,all bad just mealts away,when you make some coffee over the camp stove
and listen to the sounds of nature...

Most of my working career I worked 7 12 hour days, plus I'd be on call for any emergency that might come up. My longest hitch was 15 months without a day off. I did this for close to 20 years. My wife still works 7 12's, usually for 3-5 weeks straight then she's home for 2-3 weeks.
You do what you have to do in order to get ahead in life. Now days I can sleep in most days until 5 am, and stay up as late as 9 pm.

Most of my working career I worked 7 12 hour days, plus I'd be on call for any emergency that might come up. My longest hitch was 15 months without a day off. I did this for close to 20 years. My wife still works 7 12's, usually for 3-5 weeks straight then she's home for 2-3 weeks.
You do what you have to do in order to get ahead in life. Now days I can sleep in most days until 5 am, and stay up as late as 9 pm.

We are on the same sleep schedule Arctic. I don't use and alarm. I just wake up at 5 a.m. and go to sleep early too. Usually about 9.

My sleep schedule is opposite most folks. I go to sleep at 2 a.m., get up about 11:30 a.m. . I have been a night person all my life and worked day shift most of my life. I would have loved working a graveyard (12 to 8 a.m.) shift but that was not meant to be. I am the night guard that won't fall asleep on watch. I also have very good night vision. Except for the blood sucking part, I would have made a good vampire. LOL

My sleep schedule is opposite most folks. I go to sleep at 2 a.m., get up about 11:30 a.m. . I have been a night person all my life and worked day shift most of my life. I would have loved working a graveyard (12 to 8 a.m.) shift but that was not meant to be. I am the night guard that won't fall asleep on watch. I also have very good night vision. Except for the blood sucking part, I would have made a good vampire. LOL

That's the perfect schedule for my husband too. Bad thing is that for years he had the morning drive time slot and had to get up at 4:15 a.m. to be on air at 6 a.m. he never had enough sleep. Would have to come home and nap.

Latest posts

Back